• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    i thought fat + fat = fat.

I thought eating too much and not moving enough = fat
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    What's that stuff that comes out the back of a horse, again?
    Trying to get some tail?
  • CoderGal
    Options
    46293285.jpg
    omg forgot about this pic thanks for the reminder.

You can use it on the other fantabulous post!!
    Done :P
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Uggghhhhhh I saw the last minute of Dr. Oz today and they said something about only eating carbs in the beginning of the day and I just KNEW this thread was forthcoming.

Snooze.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I cal bs.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Uggghhhhhh I saw the last minute of Dr. Oz today and they said something about only eating carbs in the beginning of the day and I just KNEW this thread was forthcoming.

Snooze.

I frequently check the topics of his show to educated myself on what the thread are going to consist of. I should make a pie graph. It is almost scary.:indifferent:
  • CoderGal
    Options

Snooze.
    QUICK! AVERT YOUR EYES. I had a argument with my bf over what dr oz looked like. Apparently I had no idea who he was. I thought he was the hot one in 'the doctors'
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Snooze.
    QUICK! AVERT YOUR EYES. I had a argument with my bf over what dr oz looked like. Apparently I had no idea who he was. I thought he was the hot one in 'the doctors'

That doctor is hot! He's like Dr. Ken Doll, though probably with male parts. lol.
  • CoderGal
    Options

Snooze.

That doctor is hot! He's like Dr. Ken Doll, though hopefully with fun sized male parts. lol.
    I fixed your post
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Well it is a fact about the after 6 pm eating, that is if you sleep within 4 hours.

Even dr Oz will tell you that one.

And Dr. Oz is God.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My eyes rolled so far back in my head, it's stuck. Thanks A LOT!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options
    I eat at 10pm every night. As you can tell I'm fat as ****.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Dude, you're about as fat as I am tall (I'm 5'3") :-D. Lol sarcasm is a gift !
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Options
    I call bs

I couldn't edit this for some reason, so here is my correction!
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    YES GUYS THIS IS 100% TRUE AFTER 6PM ALL CARBS AUTOMATICALLY TURN INTO FAT. It's okay to eat them at 5:59PM though. One second late and you're going to be a whale.. be careful!!111!!
  • hulkklogan
    hulkklogan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There is a grain of truth to the OP, but it's overblown. If you eat something very fatty with something with a high glycemic index, your body releases insulin to handle the incoming sugars from the carbs.. and you will store all of those fats and store any excess sugar as fat. The bottom line is to not overeat. The next point is that fat is high in calories. 6 cals/g IIRC. Carbs have the same calorie content as protein, but generally speaking the highest sources of fat come in the form of protein, so it's much easier to overeat if you're mixing carbs with something fatty. I'm in Louisiana, and one of the staples of our culture is a food known as 'rice and gravy'. It's cheap, filling, but HORRIBLE for you, by mixing white rice with extremely cheap, fatty cuts of meat. Most things in my culture mix white rice with cheap, fatty cuts of meat.. and we have some of the highest obesity rates in the country.

Eta

The 'no food after 6 pm' is utterly garbage, though.
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This has almost no truth at all. A calorie is a calorie, a carb is a carb. Unless you've already eaten all of your calories/carbs/whatever, it does not matter what time you eat it. I'm very tired of seeing this misconception. Your body can't differenciate the calorie you ate at 7 AM from the one you ate at 9 PM.

^^^This
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Did you know that when you eat carbs with fat, it makes you retain fat? Don't eat carbs after 6 pm or 4 hours before bedtime. This gives your body the time it needs to burn off as many of those carbs possible before you wind down and your metabolism slows down.
    hahahahahahaha. That was a good one.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    YES GUYS THIS IS 100% TRUE AFTER 6PM ALL CARBS AUTOMATICALLY TURN INTO FAT. It's okay to eat them at 5:59PM though. One second late and you're going to be a whale.. be careful!!111!!

Thank you dear! I needed to laugh after seeing yet another forum post of pure uninformed stupidity!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    If you are in a caloric deficit it will not be stored as fat...........so much broscience in this thread.
    There is a grain of truth to the OP, but it's overblown. If you eat something very fatty with something with a high glycemic index, your body releases insulin to handle the incoming sugars from the carbs.. and you will store all of those fats and store any excess sugar as fat. The bottom line is to not overeat. The next point is that fat is high in calories. 6 cals/g IIRC. Carbs have the same calorie content as protein, but generally speaking the highest sources of fat come in the form of protein, so it's much easier to overeat if you're mixing carbs with something fatty. I'm in Louisiana, and one of the staples of our culture is a food known as 'rice and gravy'. It's cheap, filling, but HORRIBLE for you, by mixing white rice with extremely cheap, fatty cuts of meat. Most things in my culture mix white rice with cheap, fatty cuts of meat.. and we have some of the highest obesity rates in the country.

Eta

The 'no food after 6 pm' is utterly garbage, though.