Do you kiss on the 1st date?

Options

Replies

• daveclrk58
    daveclrk58 Posts: 258
    Options
    It's all about the chemistry. If the connection is there and both people want to kiss, then YES! I don't think a kiss should ever be "forced".

"It's just not cool, and it's certainly not sexy." -Dirk Diggler

**Let the flow of the date take its course!!
  • courtneyxjayne
    Options
    i generally always kiss on the first date, but nothing more
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.

Wow. It's like you started out as a decent guy and then proudly dove into being a misogynist headfirst.

Oh come on... everyone behaves differently for a person they want to spoon and someone they just want to fork.

^^ truth.. ^^

Behave differently? Maybe. A certain level of respect is non-negotiable however. Sure glad my man didn't think like this.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't unless they can show me the results of the their last herpes test.
  • riddellr
    riddellr Posts: 23
    Options
    Once I get to know the girl that I like well enough, and get up the courage to ask her our on a date, I sincerely hope that the chemistry is there so that we can share a kiss after the first date. :blushing:
  • Tanyawhite30
    Tanyawhite30 Posts: 473
    Options
    kiss where??? Euhhhh yeah... Depends!
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well... havent 'dated' for a while since i been in a relationship for 11yrs but when I used to date it depended on the chemistry of the guy I was with. If I connected on that level where the chemistry was higher thenn yes I did kiss on on the first date. Now if it was a horrible fix up and the guy was an absolute dud then heck NO! and I would expect him not to even try.

You gotta watch the signs... they will be there... If she shows you she's interested and you are too... there is nothing wrong with just even a small peck as a show of thanks for the great evening. have fun!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My advice it to look for the signals
    IMG_6430.jpg
    IMG_6433.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    32Kpy.jpg

both look like girls.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little one on the cheek if I really do like the guy and want a second date. Other than that no , I'm kinda with you that if I actually might want a relationship with the person, I'd rather work up to that :)
  • chelseyjoan
    chelseyjoan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    :smooched: yup
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Kiss

Suck on your neck

Pull your hair

Unbutton your bra.....

Oh sorry been reading "50 shades of gray".
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yes. If I like them. If you want to kiss on the first date, do it. If you want to sleep with someone on the first date, do it. We're all adults, this whole first date, third date, whatever rule is stupid.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Kiss

Suck on your neck

Pull your hair

Unbutton your bra.....

OH SMACK it's getting serious on this 1st date and yummy to Mr. Grey!!!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Kiss

Suck on your neck

Pull your hair

Unbutton your bra.....

• adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    i usually do.....she usually doesnt
  • Jesiena
    Jesiena Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I normally don't. But the guy I'm with now, we did kiss on the 1st date. It felt right and I don't regret that at all.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Nope...I prefer to be the chick that the dude is tryna smash!

Really? :noway: "Tryna smash"...I'm just old!:grumble:
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My advice it to look for the signals
    IMG_6430.jpg
    IMG_6433.jpg
    hahahahahaha! this made my day!
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    If you're dropping them off at home, and it's after midnight, tell them you don't kiss on the first date. After the close the door, knock, tell them you noticed it's after midnight, so technically it's the second date and see what happens.

I love this answer, if someone did that to me and there was chemistry they would definitely get a kiss. But yeah it depends on the person and if we're feeling a second date. If not, a friendly hug or something. I've had a quite a few dates that have just turned into really great friendships.