Do you kiss on the 1st date?

Options

Replies

• adamsurpren
    Options
    Kissing is extremely intimate. Anything you put your mouth on is intimate.

Aside from a toothbrush, you should really only put your lips on things you love, like family and food. Not some guy/gal you met 6 hours ago.

With the lips, unlike any other body part, you can do more than one sensation. You can feel and taste, put your face close and you can smell, get close so you can see. It involves so many parts of our human senses, that I think kissing on the first date, kinda throws away the meaning behind it.

Either way, it is in my opinion not something to just say, 'okay sure lets kiss.' It deserves more than that.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I totally do if I'm liking the guy and the chemistry is good.
    I would be disappointed if there was chemistry and there was NO kiss.

But that's just me, I tend to move fast :laugh: :tongue:
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Nope...I prefer to be the chick that the dude is tryna smash!

Really? :noway: "Tryna smash"...I'm just old!:grumble:

That is what the kids are calling it these days. lol
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Nope! I'm old fashioned too- definitely not the first!
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I am happy to say I've never heard that phrase. In fact, if it came up on a first date, I would NOT be doing any kissing :tongue:

But other than that, if there's a connection, yes, I'm going to kiss the guy. If there's no kiss, I'd assume he's not interested.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

I figured as much. Now I'll go get my walker.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

Depends on the guy. I might never want to date him again, in which case, no. :wink:
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options

I am happy to say I've never heard that phrase. In fact, if it came up on a first date, I would NOT be doing any kissing :tongue:

But other than that, if there's a connection, yes, I'm going to kiss the guy. If there's no kiss, I'd assume he's not interested.

That's not necessarily true. If I am, I make it very obvious that I'm interested. Just behave like a gentleman on the first date. Like I said before, I try to make a kiss on the cheek something to toss and turn over. Leave them wanting more.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    If I liked them I did.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options

That's not necessarily true. If I am, I make it very obvious that I'm interested. Just behave like a gentleman on the first date. Like I said before, I try to make a kiss on the cheek something to toss and turn over. Leave them wanting more.

By the end of the date, I've already assessed a guy's personality and can tell if they're a decent person or not. No need for "acts" or teasers for me! I'm a pretty blunt person though - guys quickly know where they stand with me :laugh:
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    It's not an act. It's just a belief of mine. If I really like I girl, I don't involve any physical until I know her mental. Now if I'm just tryna smash...yeah, that's a whole 'nother story. :laugh:
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Nope. Never. I feel the need to know that I'm respected first and what intentions are. However, if others like to do so that's 100% their choice and I have no problem with it. It's just a personal thing of mine.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I kissed him before our first date!!! But that was it. And now we have been married for 22 years and have 6 kids!

Oh, but I did know him a whole year before we kissed.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Last first date I was on, kissed him, that was it.....now engaged to him! Depends on how the date goes, I think!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Nope ... Maybe 2nd or 3rd but not the first.
  • Ri024
    Ri024 Posts: 24
    Options
    Generally, no. But it depends on how hard he works for it, too ;)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    If I knew the guy really well and had liked him for a long time
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It varies, if I am feeling the guy and he goes in for it I will. Otherwise if I am not or not sure I do the turn of the cheek. I would like to add though I think when a guy doesn't go in for a kiss on the first date I feel very respected and find myself more interested in him.
  • HazelElfwand
    Options
    yup! but only if we're both feelin' it...no sex tho!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I did not kiss my boyfriend on the first date and I think it made ALL the difference! Making him wait made him want more