Do you kiss on the 1st date?

Options

Replies

• mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I did with my now husband.

However, we had known each other and worked together for around 2 months at that time, so we really were past the "getting to know you" stage. At that point we knew that we liked one another a good bit :heart:
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Definitely depends on the chemistry between us. If it's going well of course it's just a kiss (doesn't mean there has to be tongue invovled)..., but if I really am digging a guy he will know it no doubt :tongue:
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    You want to know what I think about a lady trying to kiss me when at a bar or a club...especially one that I might frequent? I feel like I am a fire hydrant and she is marking her territory. We are still talking first date kisses here mind you...
    Perhaps it is in your best interest to not take ladies on first dates at bars or clubs you frequent. Then everybody wins!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.

You never know what a one-night stand could turn into if you treat it right. I've got a daughter and someone I've been with for over 2 years now from one, and we connected well enough that first night to stay connected afterward into something more.

Mentality is everything. Once you decide something won't work for whatever reason, you've closed all other options before they've even begun.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I sure do....and if that is good...it leads to a great romp in the hay and breakfast the next morning.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Only if she's lucky. :smooched:
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'll kiss on the first date if things are going well and there is a lot of chemistry. To me though, I really like a kiss on the cheek on the first date. It says, "I like you, I had a great time, but I'm not trying to rush things."
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course.
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    Depends on the person and how good the date was. I wouldn't kiss(and only kiss) on the first date unless they're already gonna get a second date. :)

I agree with this!!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'll only go as far as a kiss on a cheek. But I've had some really weird relationships where there have been tendencies where the casual "date" never really happened.
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't go on dates with anyone unless I know them pretty well to begin with so if I feel comfortable enough with the person and can see a relationship - casual or serious - then I won't have a problem. But if I feel things won't pan out with the person, then things won't go there. I generally don't make that move anyway.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My first date kiss, it went like this: He put his hands on each cheek, first he kissed my forehead, then he kissed my left eye, then my right eye, then my right cheek, then my left cheek. Then he kissed my nose. Then he laid a long , long one on my mouth, which eventually led to some tongue. IT WAS AWESOME! That was to Best kiss of my life - I'll never forget that one! And NO, it did not lead to anything other than kissing!

But it all really depends on the chemistry you are feeling between the two of you! If you want to kiss her, by all means DO IT!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    My last "first date" was almost 7 years ago. We didnt kiss, but I gave him a "Thank you" peck on the cheek. We both blushed. And now I've been married to my best friend for over 6 years.

Prior to that, Yes I most def kissed on the first date but all those first dates turned out to be wrong ways and dead ends.

Respect and trust come with not pushing and being willing to wait. The wait makes it sweeter when it does actually happen!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    When i was dating heck ya i did. I needed to see if there was chemistry, If there was no chemistry than tat would be in the end of that. It wasa bad thing because i let go of alot of nice guys because they could not kiss. No wmy husbandWOWZA amazing kisser.:blushing: :love: :smooched:
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    hmmm do people still date these days? I'm confused. But then again, I love kissing but it depends on if I'm interested in them that way!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    All 1st dates I've ever been on that didn't end with a kiss, the guy never called me back or answered my message.

Granted, it's been 10 years since I've dated.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If the date is good, it absolutely deserves to end in a kiss! Even if it's a little peck on the mouth!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    There isn't a rule whether you should or shouldn't kiss on the first date. If two people like one another, they're attracted to one another, and want to kiss, why would they follow a silly rule? If it feels right, go for it. I personally like a confident guy, one that isn't afraid to kiss me :) Have fun tonight!
  • lostinureyes17
    lostinureyes17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's all up to you. I think it is sweet to wait but word of advice...give her a hug or put your hand on the small of her back while you walk at least! After my first date with my fiance who was extremely shy he walked me to my car but there was no hug or physical contact at all and I walked away thinking he wasn't interested. Obviously I found out later he def. was but it would have been nice to be clued in.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I have had a guy kiss me on the cheek. I find it a little too intimate if you are still getting to know someone. But it depends on chemistry. It doesn't mean I haven't wanted to...I had to resist several urges Saturday on my date. :blushing: