Do you kiss on the 1st date?

Options

Replies

• Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    But with that being said. I had dates before meeting my hubby that I didn't kiss on the first date. It really all depends on the chemistry.
  • jennifermartinez1112
    Options
    i didnt but if the date is going well and you both seem to be in to each other why not
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't been on a first date in 5 years, but if I feel the connection is there I would.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    ill kiss downstairs on a first date, im a slut

Dammit! Aren't you married? :grumble:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I've only ever dated two people, and both times we kissed on the first date.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love me some kissin', but I always found it so charming when guys wouldn't try to kiss me on the first date. My husband didn't kiss me on the first OR second date, I think that's what made me fall for him. He wasn't all up in my face (or skirt).
  • steelguy54
    steelguy54 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Everything is on the table...just depends on the mood and if there is a connection.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Only if I am attracted to him, if not he gets a hug.

I hope you are setting up the second date at the end of the first, because if you don't attempt to kiss me, I'm assuming you aren't attracted to me. HA!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I stopped having rules about kissing when I was in high school. I'm a grown woman. If I want to kiss a man and I get the feeling he wants to kiss me, it's happening.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    when anticipation is built up, it makes for a better more chemical bond. I agree with the OP about waiting, it's not prudeness, it's a fantasy you build with one another about how the kiss is going to be. I waited when I dated and it makes for a better kiss... to me..

Exactly. I make a kiss the on the cheek something to toss and turn over.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Been a long time since I have been on a first date, but every date is different and I don't have any preset rules or boundaries.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    That's an interesting distinction you make. Generally, yes.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I kissed my husband on the first date but we were already madly in love! :love:

Prior to him, it just depended on how the date went and the vibe I got from the man. Some I did and some I didn't. it just depended on how I felt.

This.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It depends on the situation. If it's someone I've known for a while before we went out, and I'm feeling chemistry, maybe...but no further. If it's someone I just met, probably not.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Yup...and now I am married to him :)

Same here!
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    when anticipation is built up, it makes for a better more chemical bond. I agree with the OP about waiting, it's not prudeness, it's a fantasy you build with one another about how the kiss is going to be. I waited when I dated and it makes for a better kiss... to me..

Exactly. I make a kiss the on the cheek something to toss and turn over.

like you said too, you know a "one-night-stand girl", and a "keeper". and it's always better with a keeper....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Kissing on the first date is a tough call. If he's playing his cards right, then I'll want to kiss him by the end of the first date. Then, a kiss could seal the deal, BUT if he really wanted to drag out the sexual tension, he might not kiss me good night, but still find a way to show that he is interested. That is what makes the first date kiss such a tough call. Women (*disclaimer: maybe not everyone) use the kiss as indicator of how well their relationship is doing. If you don't kiss on the first date, but don't replace it with other cues, then she might not think you are interested at all.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I have before... if the connection is there I see no reason really that you shouldnt
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    what is this dating you speak of?

but i probably would.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My BF and I live together...we kissed on the first date...but we had to or the sex on the first date my have been weird! Yep, I was that girl! We knew we were meant for each other...we had been talking for a month prior. He to this day tells me how it was the best decision he had made!