Do you kiss on the 1st date?

Options

Replies

• d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    If you're dropping them off at home, and it's after midnight, tell them you don't kiss on the first date. After the close the door, knock, tell them you noticed it's after midnight, so technically it's the second date and see what happens.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    It depends ... I have kissed on the first date and I have done the whole quick hug thing. It really dpepends on the guy and how it went... Rules like this are silly
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Kiss what?
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I stopped having rules about kissing when I was in high school. I'm a grown woman. If I want to kiss a man and I get the feeling he wants to kiss me, it's happening.

Agreed!
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you're dropping them off at home, and it's after midnight, tell them you don't kiss on the first date. After the close the door, knock, tell them you noticed it's after midnight, so technically it's the second date and see what happens.

LOL stuff like that is soooo cheesy!!!

I'm glad I don't date. I will happily die a single mad cat lady :)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I do, but usually not, generally just because I try to keep first dates quick and casual
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    Options
    My boyfriend and I kissed on our first date...13 months later, we are still going strong!!
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have been married forever and ever, but I would say a warm handshake, hug or friendly cheek peck are a wonderful ending to a great first date, I have been married 31 years, so the rules were different back then , now I would think about it more :)
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    does her dad own a brewery?
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options

This is genius....cheesy but oh so good!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Well I've never had a proper first date (started seeing my bf at 14 and we didn't really go on dates) but yes I would if I liked them, it depends on the scenario.

I probably wouldn't make the first move though, if the guy didn't then I'd probably just leave it at that, and wait until next time. It doesn't bother me either way.
  • Notorious_T
    Notorious_T Posts: 384
    Options
    ill kiss downstairs on a first date, im a slut

I like sluts...
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Id probably get drunk and try to make a move on the first date for sure.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't had a first date in 22 years, but when I was single and dating, I did kiss on the first date. That was part of how I would gauge if I wanted a second date. I mean, kissing is an important part of a relationship. Fortunately, my husband is a fabulous kisser.
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I havent kissed on a first date...nice to connect with someone on a different level first. But hey I havent been on that many dates to be fair lol always in a long term relationship with my second boyfriend now 7years in october :)
  • 19foxy71
    19foxy71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you like them then yeh why not. I love kissing & its a good way to feel if theres a definate chemistry between you. At the end of the day its a kiss not a proposal of sex . . . or marriage
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.

Why bother with the one night stands then?

I didn't kiss my hubby on the first date, but I really wanted too. I have kissed on the first date, but it never turned into a full hook up session.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.

Why bother with the one night stands then?

Because not every girl is worth getting to know. :laugh:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

LOL stuff like that is soooo cheesy!!!

I'm glad I don't date. I will happily die a single mad cat lady :)

Lol. Who are you trying to kid.

If some cute guy did that to you, you would at least be flattered.
  • omlax24
    omlax24 Posts: 31
    Options
    I understand what youre saying that you want to get to know the person and not just on a sexual level but if the vibes right theres not much I wouldnt do on a first date