Do you kiss on the 1st date?

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    First of all, OP, you sound absolutely charming.

Second of all, if there's chemistry and I wanna kiss the guy, I'll kiss him. Hell, my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years and I fooled around on our first date (although we'd known each other for like 10 years). I've never played by the rules very well.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with kissing on the first date , but that's as far as I would want to go.
  • xuashe
    xuashe Posts: 46
    Options
    Yes.
    I went full on make-out in car mode with my fiance. :blushing:
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Yes, and his kiss still effects me as it did 11 years ago.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Personally, absolutely not.
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    last first date I went on was over 12 years ago. I kissed on the first date, and the second, and the third. 12 years later: Lived together for 11, Married for 7, Have a 3 year old son. . . and I'm still kissing him :)

Sometimes it's ok to break a rule ;)
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.

Awwww, how sweet of you. So what, you take her to Applebees instead of Jack in the Box?
  • sareebee25
    Options
    I would say yes kiss on the first date...however, I think if you don't it'll make the girl want you more lol!
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    If you're dropping them off at home, and it's after midnight, tell them you don't kiss on the first date. After the close the door, knock, tell them you noticed it's after midnight, so technically it's the second date and see what happens.

This is genius....cheesy but oh so good!
    Disclaimer!!! You may want to find out if she's seen "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead" before you try this. If she has, she might just tell you that you're not as smooth as Andy Garcia.
  • FitzJill
    FitzJill Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes, though on one date a guy didn't kiss me and I felt slightly rejected.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    If everything was going good, and her body language said so, I would give her a goodnight kiss on the cheek. :smooched:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    No, I won't. For me, I say at least a couple of dates before that will happen.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.

Awwww, how sweet of you. So what, you take her to Applebees instead of Jack in the Box?

:laugh: :laugh:
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    It's been years since I've gone on a date, so seeing this thread should be helpful.

In my past, I have never kissed on the first date. I believe kissing is one of the most intimate behaviors two can share, and it takes a while before I feel we're both ready for sharing. I know, that's old-fashioned, but that's how I am.

Since its been almost a decade since I've been on a date, I wonder if it still works this way?????
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If he doesnt kiss me, I assume he wasnt into me. The next time he wants to hang out, im sure its to go bowling or something friendly and platonic like that. The only way I dont feel this way is if he makes an effort to touch me several times throughout the evening.

but usually, if he doesnt kiss me on the first date, i dont bother him anymore.
  • BROscience_PHD
    BROscience_PHD Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

Absolutely not, mono is a sickly disease bruh
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It really depends...but I'm tending to believe the MORE I like someone the LESS likely I am to kiss them on the first date.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

Why bother with the one night stands then?

Because not every girl is worth getting to know. :laugh:

I'm sure some girls could say the same thing about you.

I just hope they're not the ones sleeping with you.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    As long as there is a connection YES
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    It depends on how the earth and stars are alligned whether I will or not

I guess every situation is different...

Have I, hell yah? Have I not, of course?