Do you kiss on the 1st date?

Options

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.
    I really don't understand the distinction, but thank you for perpetuating the myth that a woman you merely want to hook up with doesn't have to be respected.

i ****ing :heart: you
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    ill kiss downstairs on a first date, im a slut

demotivational_poster_Australian-Kiss_20120131033506_reg.jpg

as for me, nope...but all bets are off if there's a second date ;)
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    yup :) a wee kiss not licking the face off the fella lol
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    FirstDateKid.jpg

*Yes I edited it don't have big enough cahonas to not...*
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I never been on a date....
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Kissing on the first date is a tough call. If he's playing his cards right, then I'll want to kiss him by the end of the first date. Then, a kiss could seal the deal, BUT if he really wanted to drag out the sexual tension, he might not kiss me good night, but still find a way to show that he is interested. That is what makes the first date kiss such a tough call. Women (*disclaimer: maybe not everyone) use the kiss as indicator of how well their relationship is doing. If you don't kiss on the first date, but don't replace it with other cues, then she might not think you are interested at all.

I have to agree with this ^
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did not kiss on our first date, or even our second. We kind of...skipped to the big enchilada for our third (totally not like me) Hahaha. I wouldn't have had it any other way :flowerforyou:
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    ill kiss downstairs on a first date, im a slut

demotivational_poster_Australian-Kiss_20120131033506_reg.jpg

as for me, nope...but all bets are off if there's a second date ;)

POST OF THE DAY!!!!! :drinker:
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I would say no kiss, but make sure she knows that you're still interested. I do generalize and stereotype men (based on my own experiences)...sorry!!!! So if a guy doesn't kiss me, I'll all up in my head wondering why?! What did I do?!
    So my neurotic tendencies aside.......a kiss on the cheek or my favorite a kiss on the hand (very gentlemanly) will def pique her interest.
  • BrokenButterfly
    Options
    I really don't understand why people think there are 'rules' to dating. Go with what feels right, not with what society tells you to do.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    FirstDateKid.jpg

*Yes I edited it don't have big enough cahonas to not...*

haha, when I had myspace... yes i SAID MYSPACE this was... or still is, on my wall!!! haha...
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It just depends on where she wants me to kiss her...
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I think someone got their dating strategies from Jersey Shore.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    (granted its been 11.5 years since my "first date)
    But, yes. I kissed him on the first date. Never regretted anything. ♥
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a first date in 12 years!! But yes, I used to kiss on the first date. I think that kissing is like a fingerprint. Everyone is different. No point in getting to know someone on a potentially romantic level if they kiss like a dead fish or like a hungry puppy. If our kiss is not compatible, then making out is gonna suck.

That being said, I can sometimes notice in movies when the two characters do not have a compatible kiss, but force it because in the movie they are "In Love". Worst kisser? The guy who played E (Eric) on Entourage. Total hungry puppy. Every show or movie I've seen him kiss in? Om nom nom nom. Doesn't look sexy at all.
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My BF and I live together...we kissed on the first date...but we had to or the sex on the first date my have been weird! Yep, I was that girl! We knew we were meant for each other...we had been talking for a month prior. He to this day tells me how it was the best decision he had made!

LMAO *love this :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.

So, translation here. You are hot and I'd like to see you again, so I'll act like a gentleman,

but.....

I'm really a douche that thinks it is ok to treat some women like trash because I only want to get laid.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    when anticipation is built up, it makes for a better more chemical bond. I agree with the OP about waiting, it's not prudeness, it's a fantasy you build with one another about how the kiss is going to be. I waited when I dated and it makes for a better kiss... to me..

:love:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll kiss on the first date.
    Love to play games as well...
    like kiss the taco and hide the sausage.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll kiss on the first date.
    Love to play games as well...
    like kiss the taco and hide the sausage.

Ha!