Do you kiss on the 1st date?

Options

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Depends, I think.

My boyfriend and I (when we first started dating 2.5 years ago) had already known each other for a couple of month. We definitely kissed on the first date, but we were already pretty comfortable with one another. That doesn't mean, however, we were knocking boots by date 2....
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you're dropping them off at home, and it's after midnight, tell them you don't kiss on the first date. After the close the door, knock, tell them you noticed it's after midnight, so technically it's the second date and see what happens.

LOL stuff like that is soooo cheesy!!!

I'm glad I don't date. I will happily die a single mad cat lady :)

Lol. Who are you trying to kid.

If some cute guy did that to you, you would at least be flattered.

Seriously, I really don't like it and I would more than likely laugh and ask if that had ever actually worked. So contrived!
  • brewerchick
    brewerchick Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If the chemistry is there go for it! If you arn't sure then hold off. Have fun tonight and we expect details tomorrow :wink:
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Most of my first dates have been with someone who I know well, therefore I do kiss them because I know I like them etc.
    If it was a blind date however or someone I didn't know well, I probably wouldn't depends on the chemistry! x
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Nope, Nope, Nope.:noway: Handshake is good, and thank them. Maybe thats why I have not been on a date in a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time :laugh: :sad:
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I pretty much gave it up on the first date... men do it and so did I

now im married and i get to give it up everyday to the person I love
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I kissed my husband on the first date but we were already madly in love! :love:

Prior to him, it just depended on how the date went and the vibe I got from the man. Some I did and some I didn't. it just depended on how I felt.
    I agree, I kissed my husband on the first date, he told me he knew I was going to be his wife. Woohoo 8 months later we married. 4years later same kiss. Yeah it was worth it! LOL
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    what is this "date" you speak of? I believe I've heard of it before and if it leads to kissing, I may need to find one.
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    I don't kiss on the first date or several dates for that matter.
  • Waterbottlefiller
    Options
    No kissing is way too sexual , I bang instead.
  • ultim8one
    ultim8one Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    what is this "date" you speak of? I believe I've heard of it before and if it leads to kissing, I may need to find one.

good luck with that ... (-;
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    If it wasn't considered a date in the first place, but you still kiss, does that count??
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Exactly. I make a kiss the on the cheek something to toss and turn over.

Not gonna lie...that sounds pretty amazing
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Depends, but I don't see why not if I am attracted to the person.
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The last first date I had was 10 years ago, as I recall we were both up to no good that night and we got really drunk and we DID kiss. We were totally hot for each other… fast forward 10 years and we are still kissing. I guess you could say we were just meant for each other :love:

Having said that, there are plenty of first dates that I haven't kissed on. Those relationships didn't last anywhere near 10 years (probably not even 10 days). Therefore I draw no correlation between intimacy on first dates versus quality of the relationship for the future. :happy:
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    YES. I want to see if there is chemisty so I don't waste anybody's time if there isn't.

But there will be no more first kisses for me, unless you consider the first one in the morning!
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It depends. If we're talking about the newly conceived idea of a date known as the "meet & greet", it's probably not gonna happen. This type of "date" is usually more awkward and ends in pleasantries being exchanged. If were talking about the traditional type of first date where you pick here up at her home, open the doors and generally behave as a gentleman truly interested in getting to know her, then it might end in a kiss when you drop her off, but mostly ends in a quick hug (embrace). The second date there should be no expectations, but I'd rather it end with a kiss and not much more as not to confuse the situation by dragging lust into the equation - especially if she is someone I could see myself with in a long term type of relationship.
  • placebomonkey
    placebomonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The last first date I had was 1991...I kissed her. The rest os history!

Awwwwww where are all the men like you ??? :)
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.
    I really don't understand the distinction, but thank you for perpetuating the myth that a woman you merely want to hook up with doesn't have to be respected.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    The last first date I had was 1991...I kissed her. The rest os history!

Awwwwww where are all the men like you ??? :)

Married.