RANT: I wanted to punch his face.

I was jogging with a friend today (and before I go any further, you have to understand that I NEVER jog in public, always stay inside on the treadmill, so this was a big step for me). So we were jogging back and we live on a fairly busy street, there's this guy with two girls walking in front of us, as we pass them by we hear the guy sarcastically say, "well THAT'S very attractive."
Totally just pissed me off, I mean how rude do you have to be? I legit wanted to go back and punch his face.

Replies

• jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    As the saying goes "some people deserve a high 5, in the face, with a chair", that guy is one of them!
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Wow. I just sat here with my jaw dropped for a few. Sorry you had to hear that. I go running 3-4 times a week at a popular park here in Houston, and i'm sure my booty ain't no spectacular show but I always wear headphones so I don't hear any comments. What a jerky thing for him to say.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    That's digusting!! Unfortunately in my experience that sort of thing is all too common. I think its why I get so riled up when people claim that people never dare say anything rude to to/about overweight people. I have a list of events like that as long as my arm, people can be *kitten*!!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    You should have turned around and thanked him for showing others just how ignorant one *kitten* can be....What an *kitten*.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Maybe he is old fashioned and was offended that you weren't in a kitchen somewhere barefoot and pregnant?

You silly new-age girls with your hopes, dreams, and self-confidence.
    You're making it difficult for a**holes to manipulate you.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Just keep going back, and everytime you see him, smile. Make it a creepy smile, or a psycho smile, or a sweet smile, or whatever you feel like...or maybe do a couple of each.

People being healthy and happy deserve more of the sidewalk than that ****. :)
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    you should have punched him. What an *kitten*.
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    I would have made a smartass comment back to him. lol
  • Just dress up like a zombie and chase after him with a bloody knife, see how far he can run, then blame it on bath salts. :laugh:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Where can I find him? I'll do it for you.
  • SV17GT
    SV17GT Posts: 16 Member
    Now that is ahate crime to me. put him in a cell for awhile to think about how stupid he is.
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Scew em. Wear headphones.
  • TiffanyWasmer
    TiffanyWasmer Posts: 190 Member
    Ugh. What a TOOL...seriously, he probably has little weenie syndrome or something! I hate running/walking outside in busy areas, but you need to keep going back! :flowerforyou:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Just dress up like a zombie and chase after him with a bloody knife, see how far he can run, then blame it on bath salts. :laugh:

Lol I bet you could outrun that @ss hat any day.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    I'd be very tempted to retort something like, "I'm working hard to get rid of my extra weight, but I'm terribly afraid you're stuck with your stupidity!"
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Agree: Wear headphones... or keep your middle fingers ready. :-P What a d-bag.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    headphones and earplugs....2 necessities of life haha
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    my motto: if you didn't say it to my face it isn't about me. Unfortunately you just have to ignore jerks like that. Sorry you had to hear that...but as you said in your post...YOU PASSED HIM!!! be proud of yourself!!
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    You should have said " I know RIGHT!" Smacked your *kitten* and kept on running... idiots...
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    I would have smiled and sweetly turned back and responded with, "wow what a wonderful role model for children! I feel sorry for yous." Keep going girl.. Who gives to cents what this man said.