RANT: I wanted to punch his face.

Options

Replies

• junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Be proud that you are out trying to burn those calories for a healthy body. The weight you can lose, but this guy? He'll always be a douche!! Also be proud that you stepped outside of your comfort zone today!! How many people can say that?

Don't let the man get you down!!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    So I get that this isn't a switch we can just turn on and off, but I'm confused as to why this would even register as something worth acknowledging with an emotional response?

I guess when I'm working out, I don't really care how attractive other people think I am or whether or not they choose to verbalize their thoughts. By giving him the power to have that kind of affect on you, it makes him more important than I think you want him to be.

Just curious: have you ever had women yell out unflattering remarks at you on the street?
    ^^ this

an emotional response is just that, an emotional response. Sure it would be nice if we didn't care, but we do. I think its much easier for people to shut their mouths and not be *kitten* than for the recipient of these comments to not have an emotional response... On a daily basis I talk to people I think are morons, but I manage to keep it myself...
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    So I get that this isn't a switch we can just turn on and off, but I'm confused as to why this would even register as something worth acknowledging with an emotional response?

I guess when I'm working out, I don't really care how attractive other people think I am or whether or not they choose to verbalize their thoughts. By giving him the power to have that kind of affect on you, it makes him more important than I think you want him to be.

Just curious: have you ever had women yell out unflattering remarks at you on the street?

It's possible. I don't recall anyone doing that. Being gay, I doubt I'd care of women shouted unflattering remarks at me. Even if it were guys, I still don't think I'd give a damn. Other people's opinions about me are none of my business. Rocks being thrown at my head does (and has) gotten my attention, though.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm a smart *kitten* when it comes to *kitten* holes so I would have stopped jogging for a moment and went back to him and say something clever to make him look like a bigger *kitten* but an *kitten* to those girls "You know judging us because we are doing something good for our bodies isn't making you look any prettier, so instead of focusing on what I'm doing, how about you focus on what you should be doing? Maybe then you'd actually have a chance with these ladies and won't have to cut others down to try to make yourself look good." then turn and start running again.

Or turn around and say "Well Thank you, I always thought that I was suppose to look totally sexy in my jogging clothes and no makeup on, it's great to know that I'm trying to impress you!"
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. Many years ago, when I was approximately the same weight I am now - maybe a few pounds heavier, I was just doing a walk thru my neighborhood and a guy drove by and yelled out "Keep walking!!".
    It was incredibly hurtful and shocking. Obviously, as I still remember it all these years later.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Okay I just needed to vent out, It's weird because it made me angry when I heard that, which gave me the extra boost to keep running longer (we were doing intervals),
    let it be known i'm over it, i understand that there will always be guys(and girls) out there who think they're being "cool" by making stupid remarks like that, but you know what? i had FUN running, and eff what people think, ima keep doing ma thing.

I just wish people would learn to stfu because not everybody will take it like I did, I'd hate for some *kitten* to say something like that to someone and make her feel insecure or cry and never start running again. people just irritate me sometimes!

Good for you, bc I am a very physical person....Navy ruined my lady like attitude and grace....I WOULD have punched him in the face. The people that walk away are the ones who are successful in life. I give you props
  • Family_Man
    Family_Man Posts: 53
    Options
    Douche bags will be douche bags......
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Go for his throat; it'll hurt him more.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    About a year and a half ago, I literally had a car full of teenage/young adult women slow down, laugh and point at me. As in, they rolled down the windows and pointed and laughed.

I now have a treadmill.
  • workingitout2012
    Options
    The good news? You're getting into great shape and you're a good, kind person. The bad news, he'll probably always remain a total *kitten*. So, you "win"! And yes, he deserved a snap upside the head. Glad you didn't give it to him though!

This ^^ plus dont let some jerk deter you from getting outside & getting fit, dont let others control your confidence!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite "go to" response for comments like that:

I CAN lose weight, and I AM losing weight, as a matter of fact, but there will never be enough plastic surgeons in the world to fix the ugly in you.
  • KendraLoveless
    Options
    As the saying goes "some people deserve a high 5, in the face, with a chair", that guy is one of them!

so totally agree. And love this, will have to use it some time!
  • blackmagic10
    blackmagic10 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trip on that your staying healthy he's not there with always be haters :)
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    About a year and a half ago, I literally had a car full of teenage/young adult women slow down, laugh and point at me. As in, they rolled down the windows and pointed and laughed.

I now have a treadmill.

That totally sucks and its why I said "people can be *kitten*"... women are not immune!!
  • snaxandpop
    snaxandpop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't let judgemental people throw off your plan. Keep on jogging sister!
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options

I now have a treadmill.

This is sad!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

I now have a treadmill.

:(

i would like to punch those people for you
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite "go to" response for comments like that:

I CAN lose weight, and I AM losing weight, as a matter of fact, but there will never be enough plastic surgeons in the world to fix the ugly in you.

Another one: "I'd rather HAVE a big *kitten* than BE a big *kitten*!"
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You should have
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You should have
    *jab,cross,hook,uppercut*