• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    if it happens again just repeat:
    car.png
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The good news? You're getting into great shape and you're a good, kind person. The bad news, he'll probably always remain a total *kitten*. So, you "win"! And yes, he deserved a snap upside the head. Glad you didn't give it to him though!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    How do you know he was talking about you?
  • jgthomas78
    jgthomas78 Posts: 81
    Options
    I like to say "You can fix fat, but you can't fix stupid"
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Don't let an *kitten* stop you from running outdoors, girl. Don't give him that much power. Just keep doing your thing! Most people are really supportive and are probably thinking, "Damn, she's reminding me that I need to start working out too!"
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    People who act out are really crying out for help.
    Just pity them, and keep to your goals.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I've had people in supermarkets make comments about me, it's not hard to make a joke out of someone who's big (myself) and someone who isn't their idea of a perfect body doing something as active as jogging. If people want to be jerks, they'll find a way to be.

Though to be myself, if I had gotten that comment I would've shot back "I know right? You've really let yourself go, man." and gone on my merry way. It would've hurt, but I would've spat his own stupid back in his face and put distance between us before his Dial-Up brain could say anything else.

The worst insult I've ever gotten I'd have to say was the lovely person who, while I exited my vehicle in a parking lot, stayed inside his car next to mine and proceeded to make insults about my weight, my supposed sexuality (I get mistaken for a lesbian because apparently I fit some stereotyping) and my body in general. That's just the biggest display of a neutered man I've ever witnessed. I was mad he insulted me and I was mad he did it within the safety of his car.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You should have said " I know RIGHT!" Smacked your *kitten* and kept on running... idiots...

haha, I LOVE this.

&aside from that DB, I totally did have fun jogging outside with a friend, i'm gonna try and make this a twice a week thing!
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I definitely understand! I actually had someone "Oink" at me once when I was out walking, and another time, at my old gym, these guys got behind me on the elliptical and started "mooing" I was a lot bigger in those days so I had no confidence. Now if it happened, I'd chase them down. I may still be fat BUT I'm losing weight and you're just as dumb today as you were last week... good luck fixing that! You keep going, girl!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I read this and was quite disgusted, then I took a look at your picture, profile and goals. I think he was talking about something else, seriously there is no possible way he could have been referring to you. Perhaps they were discussing a prior event or conversation with someone. You are not in any way un-attractive, so put that out of your mind :happy:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    maybe one of the girls farted or picked their nose and he was talking to HER, not you.
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How do you know he was talking about you?

I was thinking the same thing.
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    Yeah, maybe he wasn't being sarcastic? You seem attractive to me. Maybe he said it loud enough so that you would notice, and it was his weird way of hitting on you?
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    well just keep on running outdoors and enjoy yourself. Don't let *kitten* discourage you. If you ever see him again, maybe you "accidentally" stomp on his foot or elbow him in the rib or something, haha!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I bet it was more attractive than his attitude. Douche isn't anyone's color.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this story and I will say one thing. I really hope the girls with him pulled him up for what he said. I remember when I was younger actually witnessing a couple of my good male friends say things like that. In all honestly these were essentially good guys who were a) young, b) thought they were being funny and c) had no idea the impact that their comment could make. I pulled them both up on it, I pretty much said "dude, don't say stuff like that. You might make that comment and forget you've even said it two minutes later. But it could ruin that girls night, make her cry and send her straight home. Is that really the kind of guy you ant to be?" In both cases they actually took on board what I had to say, I hope!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    maybe one of the girls farted or picked their nose and he was talking to HER, not you.
    how do you know he was talking about you?

because both girls started laughing like idiots right after he said it, and it was pretty obvious, even my friend caught it.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I was jogging with a friend today (and before I go any further, you have to understand that I NEVER jog in public, always stay inside on the treadmill, so this was a big step for me). So we were jogging back and we live on a fairly busy street, there's this guy with two girls walking in front of us, as we pass them by we hear the guy sarcastically say, "well THAT'S very attractive."
    Totally just pissed me off, I mean how rude do you have to be? I legit wanted to go back and punch his face.

You're odd. It's usually the other way around with me. The times girls wanna punch me in the face is when I don't flatter them in such a manner.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't think he was talking about you, you're hawt!
    If he was, sod him! :-)
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You should have said " I know RIGHT!" Smacked your *kitten* and kept on running... idiots...

Love!