Grammar Is Dead, Long Live Grammar Nerds

Options

Replies

• Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****.

^^^^^This!!!!! :heart:
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Grammer and spelling, for all intensive purposes, are important life skills with no acceptions to the rule, even though we are here to loose alot of weight we should still take it into consternation.

Funny! "For all intensive purposes" is one of my pet peeves, along with "should of"/"could of." What do those even mean?
    :laugh: Intents and Purposes

Personally, one of my biggest pet peeves is "irregardless" It makes my eye twitch!

LOL I actually heard a story about my grandad yelling at someone for saying "irregardless". It makes me laugh every time!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    and let me add alot and a lot... if you would't write alittle then don't write (type) alot...:smile:
  • healthybodyhealthymind
    Options
    Grammar nerd for life<3
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I agree!
    But... :blushing: I also love the icanhascheezburger.com.

Me too.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Ahhh you people make my special parts tingle.

Yes, obvious errors make my eye twitch. I used to jokingly make the grammar nazi correction, but people would raise such a ruckus, I stopped. But if your post looks like Merriam-Webster literally vomited words on the screen with a jumble of run-on sentences, I won't bother.
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer, and I am a grammar nerd!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Let's eat Grandma!

Let's eat, Grandma!

Commas save lives.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    MfK2Gl.jpg
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Grammar Nerds R Us!

I am a loud, proud, flamboyant grammar nerd, and my parents have always been very supportive. However, I realize that I'm lucky. Not all grammar nerds received such acceptance from their parents.

My mom made me a grammar nerd. She corrected EVERYONE'S grammar! In public. Loudly. If you didn't want her to embarrass you, you had better get ir right!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is ********, and I am a grammar nerd. I am also in favor of proper spelling and punctuation.
  • shendras
    shendras Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree!

YES! I love icanhascheezburger.com.

Has anyone else noticed themselves questioning their own grammar after seeing the same mistakes over and over? For instance, I have to question myself sometimes with "you're/your" because they're used incorrectly so often. :grumble:
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i no can haz grammah AND cheezburger?

Aw, you're so cute... of course you can! :smile:
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Grammer and spelling, for all intensive purposes, are important life skills with no acceptions to the rule, even though we are here to loose alot of weight we should still take it into consternation.

This is awesome!1 lololololololol! :bigsmile:
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is when people tell me "Your welcome" in an email. I always want to reply: "My welcome what????"
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I agree!

YES! I love icanhascheezburger.com.

Has anyone else noticed themselves questioning their own grammar after seeing the same mistakes over and over? For instance, I have to question myself sometimes with "you're/your" because they're used incorrectly so often. :grumble
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I do my best with spelling and grammar. Computers and texting have killed spelling, grammar and handwriting.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Let's eat Grandma!

Let's eat, Grandma!

Commas save lives.

This is great! :laugh:
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    long live correct grammer!!!!!!!!!!

And spellings...!

Effing hilarious!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options

PLEASE say you wrote this in jest?!!!

???i wrote it in Internet Explorer

Classic case of someone TRYING their hardest to come off intelligent but only comes off as the pretentious fake they truly are