• jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Amy Farah Fowler is my favorite !
    :laugh:
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Such a horrible show, I don't get how it is so popular! I have tried so many times to get into it, and it just isn't funny.
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    Such a horrible show, I don't get how it is so popular! I have tried so many times to get into it, and it just isn't funny.
    GASP!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Love this show!!! I love all of the characters - even Howard's mother :)

My boys even like it, although I'm fairly certain my youngest doesn't get most of the jokes...
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    DVD Season one has commentary on how the show is written. It says they employ actual scientists to make sure that all the equations you see, facts etc are straight. So everything that is written on the boards are actually done by real scientists along with the mannerisms of the characters, things they say and the facts they use.

I'm sure they do, especially since she wasn't on the show in season 1. However, here's an interview Mayim Bialik did on Conan and what she stated.

Mayim Bialik's PHD Comes In Handy On "The Big Bang Theory" - CONAN on TBS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKPr7rYSQd8
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I want the coffee mug that says "keep calm and sing soft kitty". (Etsy)
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I have tried to watch this show like 20 times. I always sit and think "Ok, this guy has beat out Steve Carrell twice for the Emmy, so it's gotta be hilarious, right?" and every time I get about half way in and I'm like "Nope, still not funny."

I mean, I get the nerd jokes and stuff, I just don't think it's funny at all. But maybe I just have a really weird sense of humor.

Same with 2 and a Half Men, I do NOT understand how people think that show is (or was--w/Charlie Sheen) funny.

That's ok... I don't get the office. Nor parks and rec. and I am a civil worker.

We used to love the office, but not so much anymore. and my husband, also a civil worker, finds parks and rec "disturbing" because it's "too realistic". But we do love Ron Swanson!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Penny and Bernadette are the new Ginger and Mary Ann.

You love them both but your brain would explode if you had to choose only one.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I use this show to judge you. If you like this show, I will not be friends with you. If you hate this show, we can get drinks.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I want the coffee mug that says "keep calm and sing soft kitty". (Etsy)

Me too! LOL
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have tried to watch this show like 20 times. I always sit and think "Ok, this guy has beat out Steve Carrell twice for the Emmy, so it's gotta be hilarious, right?" and every time I get about half way in and I'm like "Nope, still not funny."

I mean, I get the nerd jokes and stuff, I just don't think it's funny at all. But maybe I just have a really weird sense of humor.

Same with 2 and a Half Men, I do NOT understand how people think that show is (or was--w/Charlie Sheen) funny.

That's ok... I don't get the office. Nor parks and rec. and I am a civil worker.

We used to love the office, but not so much anymore. and my husband, also a civil worker, finds parks and rec "disturbing" because it's "too realistic". But we do love Ron Swanson!

Maybe that's why I don't like it... it's too close to home... ;-)