BACON

Options

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon just doesn't cut it (either does turkey bologna).

I figure if I'm being good and eating less of some of the things I love I'm going for the good stuff. If you could only have one beer a week would you settle for a Bud Light? :laugh: :laugh:
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    I love bacon LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
    anyone tried the bacon sundae from Burger King yet?
  • lavlei
    lavlei Posts: 26
    Options
    love love love turkey bacon. i actually prefer it over regular bacon.
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I could not live without bacon... I love me some bacon and turkey bacon is awesome too
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Get center cut bacon, it has about the same calorie count as turkey bacon!
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like turkey bacon, but only Oscar Meyer. I have tried a couple of other brands, and ended up throwing them away.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian but I LOVE Smokey Tempeh Bacon - lots protein and smokey, yummo flavor without the guilt (of any kind)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I hate turkey bacon. Regular bacon is delicious and only about 70 calories for 2 slices.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Love turkey bacon much more than regular bacon. They do not taste the same. So anyone on the fence should try it. I will say that you can't go and buy the cheap brand of turkey bacon as it is usually pretty gross. I usually buy a name brand. If you don't like it stick to lean bacon - from what I've seen lean bacon isn't usually that different than turkey bacon - and if you get 100% lean bacon it may even be better for those people eating "clean". I just don't particularly care for real bacon. Good Luck!!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I still eat regular bacon. I fry the whole pound and eat two slices with breakfast. I freeze the rest and have it on occasion with a Pam fried egg for breakfast. If you don't have the will power to fry a whole pound and not eat it then don't buy it or consider whether you are really committed to change.
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm making it know,lol.It's good but not bacon, there is no sub for the real thing.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have had turkey bacon, but it's not that great to me. I would eat it if it was offered at someone's house, but I prefer real bacon ALWAYS. Why fix it when it's still tasty and delicious?
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I cook my turkey bacon in the same pan as my regular bacon!
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    turkey bacon is ok. It is not as good as pork bacon, but less calories and fat. I just eat regular bacon. I just don't eat it very often and only eat 2 or 3 pieces instead of the entire package like I used to.
  • 3rdsob
    3rdsob Posts: 1
    Options
    Turkey bacon is great. I gave up regular bacon because it shrivels up so bad and I dont like eating gristle....give it a shot, u just might like it!
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE did i mention i LOVE turkey bacon? haha..NEVER thought i'd like it..my BF turned his nose up to it,and i finally got him to try it,now he LOVES it to :D I like the oscar myer kind.. not the jenny O..i find the its too chewy and doesnt really taste like bacon

The trick to the oscar myer one,is cook it over medium/high heat for 6mins on each side,and if it looks a lil burnt/brown then its PERFECT! You will be amazed at just how much it tastes like the real thing,but don't under cook it :D make sure its crunchy :D

I have some in my fridge & your making me wanna go make some,haha :laugh:
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer turkey bacon over regular bacon, surprisingly enough.

Blasphemy
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    Okay so I just love me some bacon and have been so scared to try turkey bacon - it just seems so weird to me. So tell me what yall think of turkey bacon please and shouId I try it. Thanks for the help.
    Stacey

I too LOVE BACON! Weird, I never really liked it!! But now I LOVE it! I too have tried the turkey bacon but when you compare the calories, fat etc I found they were almost the same!!! So now I eat the Oscar Mayer bacon.. Maple flavored is DELICIOUS and I think 1 slices is 70 calories=not horribe. Where 1 silce if Turkey Bacon is 35 so times 2=70 calories!! Sooo Ive decided If I really want it, Im gonna have it!!! ;0)
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love bacon LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
    anyone tried the bacon sundae from Burger King yet?

I had not even heard that they had a bacon sundae, so I HAD to look it up!! That looks amazing lol, I may try it just for the sake of trying it, I've always wanted to try bacon in a dessert. I checked out the nutrition facts and they are outrageous, but I think I definitely will get it once, definitely won't make a habit of that though, I rarely go to burker king anyway.
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love turkey bacon! :heart: