BACON

Options
12346»

Replies

• FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I find it a bit on the chewy side. The flavor is ok. I was surprised to find that there's not a whole lot of difference in calories.
  • Hartbeatak
    Hartbeatak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So if you like the Turkey Bacon, up here in Alaska a local company has started making Salmon Bacon. It tastes awesome, and the fats are actually good for you (Omega 3 fish oil). If they get enough sales they are planning on exporting to all the little states down south... :happy:
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    So if you like the Turkey Bacon, up here in Alaska a local company has started making Salmon Bacon. It tastes awesome, and the fats are actually good for you (Omega 3 fish oil). If they get enough sales they are planning on exporting to all the little states down south... :happy:

I like turkey bacon. I like real bacon. Is the Salmon bacon for real? I think it would taste yummy but I love salmon. So if this isn't a joke, buy more so I can start getting it in my state :laugh:
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I like both, but when I make turkey bacon, I 'fry' it for a long time, so that it it gets as crispy as possible.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Broiled salmon skin is the bacon of the sea!! YUM!!

I prefer real bacon. Uncured, all natural (Hormel makes a yummy one).

Mmmmm...bacon....
  • dayroselynn28
    dayroselynn28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the input from everyone = It helped a lot and I geuss Ill try it to see if I can handle it lol
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    3 slices of center cut bacon are 70 calories and apparently there's no clinical studies showing saturated fat causes heart disease? I eat the normal bacon.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is my "back up" bacon when I can't afford the $6 a package uncured thick cut bacon.

The texture is a bit blah but the taste is close enough to get me by.....
  • gonnadoit2010
    gonnadoit2010 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    IMO, turkey bacon = NASTY! I haven't had bacon for a couple months but when I do, it will be the real thing for sure.
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    Options
    it taste delicious
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has a turkey baccon that isnt as processed as the ones in the regular stores. Check it out its pretty good..
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is blasphemy and and an abomination. You should hunt down and destroy all turkey bacon.