Carnivores – why?

Options

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Lol those would be some really sloppy seconds

You know it tastes good when you get it all over your fingers.

HA I think I love you!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    mm. i love meat.
    nice and rare.
    nice and juicy.
    grilled, of course.

i don't see why people wouldn't eat it. it's so healthy!

i wouldn't eat a dead animal off the side of the road.

i eat veggies too though. maybe i don't belong here, but I LOVE MEAT.

i don't get offended by vegetarians. i didn't eat meat for several years.
    i was also sick all the time and felt like poo.
    then i grew up, ate meat and never been better ;D
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Because most people are selfish , uninformed, and too attached to tradition.

Just the way I like it!
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like my cow still moo-in on my plate.

No but seriously, meat is delicious, its a personal preference just like you have your own.
    Plus, I'm from Texas..... It's just how we do. :glasses:
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I like bacon.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    My meal is not complete without meat. I love meat. I have a hard time with veggies :)
  • cindylou_106
    cindylou_106 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ever watch Wild Kingdom?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    It tastes great. Besides that...........I try to stay away from Soy.....As a vegetarian......How would you suggest getting 180+ grams of protein in without eating meat or soy? for around 2k cals?

beans and seeds; many carry a better protein punch than most meats.

examples? Calorie/protein amts for said beans/seeds?
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I've been saving this for just such a thread. :happy:

357pvsm.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Top of the Food Chain baby...

Besides that....."Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good"
  • AmyVC123
    AmyVC123 Posts: 13
    Options

However, I just don't get it. There has never been a good argument presented to me why someone would want to eat a dead animal.

Well, they dont like it when we eat them when they are alive. They move to much.:smokin:

THATS TOO FUNNY!!!!

I eat meat because I enjoy it. I respect that you don't "get it".

I'm not offended - I'm confused as to why you dwell on this. Do you have as much trouble letting others enjoy the many aspects of daily living that you also do not agree with?
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Because most people are selfish , uninformed, and too attached to tradition.

I guess I'm selfish, uninformed and too attached to tradition.

Look every movement in fitness/nutrition has a bit religion attached to it. People simply BELIEVE that their way is better and start to run around bashing things that are different.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    'cause bbq is just so yummy......
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the entire thread, so excuse me if its already been said, but if you believe in God and the Bible, there is an acceptable diet laid out for us in it. And it most definitely includes meat and seafood, as well as whole grains, vegetables and fruits. God also told Adam that the animals belonged to the humans and we are to use them as we see fit. That would be why this girl eats meat. Oh, and also, it's delicious!! : )
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Ok, I am probably going to offend some, but it’s not my intention.

However, I just don't get it. There has never been a good argument presented to me why someone would want to eat a dead animal. I figure because whenever I ask “why”, the silly carnivores almost always get offended.

So why?

And please remove all of the “I like my meat rare” answers. That stuff is just nasty.

It has been theorized that the ingesting of meat was critical to the development of the human brain, starting a few million years ago:

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/99legacy/6-14-1999a.html

And this is just the first link I found quickly - it's not the only one. So, apparently, eating dead animals was sorta important way back when, and it just sorta stuck.
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    Because meat is delicious and it provides me my protein and all sorts of other nutrients.
  • jlt1968
    jlt1968 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bacon, Ham, smoked pork.
  • rikkeeroos
    rikkeeroos Posts: 28
    Options
    Because cows are secretly plotting to take over the world. We cannot let them get the upper hand (or hoof).
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=bps-xbo8wnA
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Meat a few days a week is nummy. I'm not a "meat 3X a day" person, there's lots of choices and veggies are delicious, but I grew up on a farm and in the chicken capitol of the USA(DE.). I'm kind of happy it was more poultry heavy than beef heavy too, because lean meats are better for you in general. I adore fish and chicken more than moomeat.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I never said that I don't get eating meat either. I used to be the one telling MY vegetarian friends that "animals taste good."

This topic is a bit of a troll because someone posted a topic called "vegetarian... why?"

I really don't care if you eat meat. The point is, vegetarians are sick of being bashed or talked down to because we choose not to.

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." —Albert Einstein

Humans are destroying the ecosystem with the meat industry. Which is why I say that people should hunt their food if they want to eat meat. I obviously don't hate meat eaters if I cook my boyfriend bacon.