HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO RUDE???GRRRR!

Options

Replies

• half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Been there. I was trying to get into a club in Houston, and the man almost didn't let me in because he thought I was pregnant. I was like, geesh! Can't a girl be a size 14, anymore!?? Luckily I've moved past that size, because I was always terrified of it happening again. It was so embarrassing.
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    It was a guy, wasn't it?... if it was a women, I would have slapped her to next Tuesday! Women should know better than that! Men too, but women more so! Plus no one should be touching your stomach at work! Doesn't your company show a video about that! :laugh: :laugh:
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    A man and a woman passed my wife and I in a store when she was well along in her pregnancy with our second child. They both smiled and the man reached over and put his hand on my wifes belly. I completely understood the innocence in his act, but I wanted him to understand how inappropriate it is, especially since he didn't know us at all. I reached over while he was talking to my wife and put my hand on his wife's belly. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "What are you doing?" I just smiled and said, "Same thing he is. Tad bit uncomfortable isn't it."

He must have caught on because he couldn't apologize fast enough.

OP, I'm sorry you had to be put in that situation. Kudos to you for having more class than your questioner.:smile:

Love this!
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    A man and a woman passed my wife and I in a store when she was well along in her pregnancy with our second child. They both smiled and the man reached over and put his hand on my wifes belly. I completely understood the innocence in his act, but I wanted him to understand how inappropriate it is, especially since he didn't know us at all. I reached over while he was talking to my wife and put my hand on his wife's belly. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "What are you doing?" I just smiled and said, "Same thing he is. Tad bit uncomfortable isn't it."

OP, I'm sorry you had to be put in that situation. Kudos to you for having more class than your questioner.:smile:

Love this!

Me too.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options

OMG LMAO!!! I would pay money to witness something like that. I think I would pee myself!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    So common this day & age. I have received so many rude comments from when I was pregnant to when I was too thin.

"are you sure you're pregnant or are you just fat from eating too much?"
    "You got another one in there?" The day after I gave birth to a 10 pound monster
    "You still look real chunky" A few months after I gave birth
    "You look so thin, are you sure you're not sick. You can talk to me, I will help you if you're sick" After I lost all the weight
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I would love for someone to someday come up to me and rub my belly and say... damn that's some beautiful speed bumps...
  • BROscience_PHD
    BROscience_PHD Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So today someone at work came up to me, rubbed my stomach and asked when my due date was...I am NOT pregnant!!

So upsetting.

On the bright side I didn't run for the chocolate!

Why are some people so rude??
    Thats called applied Motivation!
  • BROscience_PHD
    BROscience_PHD Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i want someone to rub my belly,,maybe my leg will twitch?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker that was completely thin in every other part of her body (face, arms, legs), and her stomach was completely round. She was standing with her hand on her stomach. I hadn't seen her in awhile so I immediately assumed she was pregnant. She really didn't just look big in the stomach. She looked like she had a beach ball under her shirt and the top she was wearing was maternity or looked like it could be because it ballooned out around her stomach. I mean, I really thought she was about 5 months pregnant. She swore up and down that she wasn't though. So I asked if she had some kind of medical condition thinking maybe it was fibroids and she said the doctor had no idea why her stomach was doing that.

I don't know. Looking back, I think she probably just didn't want to admit that she was pregnant, but I don't know. Still one of those super weird, awkward moments that you wish you could take back. I haven't seen her since so I have no idea if she still looks 5 months pregnant or not.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i want someone to rub my belly,,maybe my leg will twitch?

that's adorable
    rubrubrub
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    As Dave Barry once said (paraphrased), "you should never, ever say something to a woman that implies in any way that you think she may be pregnant unless you see a baby emerging from her at that exact moment."
  • KBUnleashed
    KBUnleashed Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. People can be SO RUDE!

My son was born with a cleft lip and palate and you would not believe the comments some people make (and still do).

I have to believe that people cannot be that mean on purpose. I do think it's out of ignorance. It doesn't hurt less but I thank my lucky stars I have more brains than those people. I agree with the other poster that says use it as motivation. Be thankful you are not the person who did that to you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. People can be SO RUDE!

My son was born with a cleft lip and palate and you would not believe the comments some people make (and still do).

I have to believe that people cannot be that mean on purpose. I do think it's out of ignorance. It doesn't hurt less but I thank my lucky stars I have more brains than those people. I agree with the other poster that says use it as motivation. Be thankful you are not the person who did that to you.

Your son is beautiful!! :flowerforyou:
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    that happened to me once. I was devastated!

What I hated when I actually was pregnant was when complete strangers would come and touch stomach. What makes people think they can rub a strangers belly just because they're pregnant?! Very annoying!
  • avrobin03
    avrobin03 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have had that happen, I replied to the person No I am not pregnant just fat. Laugh it off you are doing something about it now so feel good about that.

^^Agree!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    that happened to me once. I was devastated!

What I hated when I actually was pregnant was when complete strangers would come and touch stomach. What makes people think they can rub a strangers belly just because they're pregnant?! Very annoying!

When my oldest was a baby (many many many moons ago) I remember changing her diaper in public and this little girl running up to her and rubbing her head and running away before I could say anything. She didn't hurt her, but my daughter still had a soft spot at the time and my internal mama bear just fumed. Looking back though, it was completely innocent. I try to tell myself that if her mother saw it she would have said something to her about touching other people's children. But then again, I think some people really still think that some types of touching strangers is completely acceptable. I never had a stranger rub my belly when I was pregnant, but I'm sure it was because most people were scared to. I wasn't exactlly the happiest of pregnant women. LOL!
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The only time that has ever had a positive effect with me was when a WAITRESS asked when I was due. :huh: Got a free meal out of that one, because she was EXTREMELY rude about it when I told her I wasn't pregnant. She had the nerve to say "Well, do you want to order a salad then?" :explode: I was up over that table faster than flash. I may be big, but I can still kick her *kitten*.

Anyway, manager was told by me and the 3 people I was with what she said and all of our meals were free. You could hear him yelling at her from the back. :ohwell:

And even if you were pregnant, what in the heck gives people the right to come up to you and just touch your stomach? :grumble:
    [/quo

what?!! this makes my blood boil!! I have been asked several times myself as a I carry my weight in my stomach, I know the feeling of wanting to remain calm but being angry, and then to add insult to injury I would be furious!
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So today someone at work came up to me, rubbed my stomach and asked when my due date was...I am NOT pregnant!!

So upsetting.

On the bright side I didn't run for the chocolate!

Why are some people so rude??
    Thats called applied Motivation!

no , its called rudeness.
  • happy123456
    happy123456 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your comments, You guys are such an amazing support!

I still cant believe that she did it but I will use it to fuel my desire to get fit healthy and slim.............. then I am gonna kick her a$e!!!!

Your support means more to me than her insult - thank you for being a truly incredible bunch of people ♥