Random stuff that stops me getting fat... and makes you fat

Options

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I can think of 2 things straight away:
    My hands and my mouth.
    That's what makes us fat or fit - nothing else.
  • JenSuperGirl
    JenSuperGirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :) I am not going to be a keyboard warrior - I am just saying, eat natural, drink plenty of water, look after your body and you will reap the rewards.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    :) I am not going to be a keyboard warrior - I am just saying, eat natural, drink plenty of water, look after your body and you will reap the rewards.

Win ;)

I agree if looking after your body consists of watching what your body needs not just eating real food (try to eat only chickens for the rest of your life for example). I know people who eat real foods and have horrible diets.

Anyway, ignoring health (which you should not do) you can eat horribly and lose weight despite this person saying its ALL hormones and that you WELL get fat if you eat proccessed food and do not drink over 3l of water daily
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    OIY!
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You really were bored. You should buy an umbrella and go for a nice walk.
  • bookfaery
    bookfaery Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I get what you're trying to prove, but mostly you come off as a stereotypical jerk.

THIS. Jesus, calm down macho man. Good for you, you arent fat. We got it. Also, saying that everyones metoblism is the same and people that are overweight just eat to much compared to a " correct weight" person is BULL****. There are so many factors you havent touched here as to why some people are heavy. We all have a friend who eats like crap and doesnt gain a pound and we all know someone or might be someone, who eats right and struggles with their weight.

^^^ Also THIS. It is not a matter of "you eat too much crap, therefore you are fat." Yes, that is part of it. However, it sounds like you are saying that this process is all about willpower. People who are fat have no willpower. People who are fat are lazy and need to get off their butts and lift weights. Um, no. People who are fat may or may not deal with medical conditions like hypothyroidism, or PCOS, or metabolic syndrome, or a crap luck of the draw when it comes to genetics. People who struggle with weight may or may not deal with eating disorders. Binge eating disorder is a real, chemical imbalance in the brain. It can be and is treated with medication. There is a TON of emotional stuff that goes along with food for a lot of people.

YES, I agree with some of what you say. But here's the deal. At this point in the game, many of us have played this weight loss game for years. We KNOW how it works. We know what we are supposed to do. And it is a battle. It is a daily battle. We have to take it day by day, sometimes minute by freaking minute. We might appreciate your advice, and take away little pieces of it. But dude, we do NOT need the lecture.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should change the title to "Stuff that makes me a meathead, and makes you not a body builder". Because I eat cheeseburgers and chocolate and I can assure you, I am not fat.

X2
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I get what you're trying to prove, but mostly you come off as a stereotypical jerk.

I second that. I agree with the majority of what you've said (there are a few things I think is B.S.), but the WAY you word your post really says something about you... that you're a ****, pretty much. It almost seems as though you hold some amount of disdain toward "fat" people, which makes you come off a bit condescending. If you've ever BEEN fat in your life, and I don't mean a measley 10-20lbs overweight, but real FAT... then I retract my opinion... but if you're just a skinny **** trying to prove that skinny people are somehow "better" than fatties... then you can go straight to hell.

But have a nice day.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I concur with pretty much everything you are saying for the most part (sure we don't need any junk at all!)

But I have come to enjoy dark chocolate (big step for me). And if I only have it occasionally, I don't see how that will hurt. I think if people followed what you say they would be super healthy.

So while I agree with you, I think I will occasionally enjoy foods that aren't the highest in nutritional quality. However I acknowledge that when I do this, I tend to want more of it! So it needs to be done cautiously.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This statement seems to be in contradiction with many of your other statements
    Diets are designed not to be sustainable - this keeps the company in business. You have to make lifetime changes

Too many "NEVERs" in your laundry list. It sounds unsustainable, and frankly no way to live. Such handicaps are not necessary.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    This statement seems to be in contradiction with many of your other statements
    Diets are designed not to be sustainable - this keeps the company in business. You have to make lifetime changes

Too many "NEVERs" in your laundry list. It sounds unsustainable, and frankly no way to live. Such handicaps are not necessary.

agreed. life is for living. and only a Sith deals with absolutes.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    So, um...most of these are true, but that doesn't make you sound like any less of a macho jerk. There is a way to say things and be honest without being a total wanker about it. But that's fine, I'll lose weight anyway and I won't become a jerk in the process. It's good that your shtuff worked for you, but you sound like you're just preaching and belittling fat people. Condescending attitude isn't flattering on anyone. Totally not adding. Have a happy day.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I get pizza n wings sometimes to treat myself for doing well. I eat in moderation, but it dont make me want more. I am sorry but some of this is not true. I lost a good portion so far.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

This.

Many of your points are valid but you come off as rude, all-knowing and generally unpleasant.
    I will eat an In 'N Out burger if I want to, I will converse and spend time with "fat people" and I will have a treat day every week.
    :bigsmile:
    And I will lose the weight.

^^^ this!!!!

If the point of this entire post was to talk about how every person is responsible for their lives and what they intake then I think THIS point is the best to make. I WILL eat pizza with my family occasionally because its a beautiful time. I will occasionally eat any other fast food or whatever because it's there, and for whatever reason I enjoy it. The problem I see with any of this post, and some of the responses is the feeling of superiority some get from not doing these things. That's a psychological issue, not happiness you feel. At the point where you feel like you are enjoying your life because it's somehow "better" than others you are no longer actually "happy", and that is what I get from the OP post.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    I love fish and chips.
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I eat a Lean cuisine meal almost daily. Never been overweight but use it to control my weight, and it works fine, idk :ohwell:
    You do kind of come off kind of jerky, even if what you're saying is mostly correct.

Also, fast food isn't the only problem, it's anything that is super high in carbs that people think is okay because it's lower in calories... I hate those stupid "lean cuisine" meals because they're so high in sodium and carbs even though they don't have many calories in them. They try to trick people into thinking they're healthy when they really aren't. Another one that gets me is slimfast... how can anything with that much sugar help you lose weight effectively? I always joke about it because my mom drank it to help her gain weight after she got out of the hospital.

Anyways, liked your post. Blunt and to the point. Nice.
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ok, I love the sex part.... it is amazing how different sex is when your thinner
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Just curious about the title of your post...it implies you've never been overweight or obese. So have you ever had to lose weight?