What's the deal with guys?

Options

Replies

• brittanymarie120
    Options
    hahaha. i had my first date towards the end of last year. needless to say, i was pretty excited.. as it turns out, he was married. and he had a baby.

i guess i just assumed that since he asked me out, he was available. my bad.
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    maybe you should be a lesbian. women would never cheat. especially lesbians.

Greatest lie ever told. Nice shot, though :drinker:
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well my gf of 6 years cheated on me... and in the small group of friends I have 3 of their wives cheated on them... I think it's becoming more and more common place for the women to do the cheating as well...
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I really didn't mean anything negative toward anyone in particular I was just really frustrated that this happened. I didn't mean to imply that all guys are like that and yes I do know that both guys and girls act this way. Maybe I should have picked my words more carefully. I really didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings or I hope no one is not mad at me. Thanks for the comments on this post.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    hahaha. i had my first date towards the end of last year. needless to say, i was pretty excited.. as it turns out, he was married. and he had a baby.

i guess i just assumed that since he asked me out, he was available. my bad.

oh man! that sucks!

I have to say that I just never "dated"....I hung out with guys I liked the same way I hang out with girls I like and...well...sometimes sparks fly and sometimes they don't. If they do- Wahoo! If they don't, then I got me a new friend. I dunno. I don't even friend people on FB that I don't know in real life so maybe I'm weird. But i think I can say I've never really been on a "date" (unless you count me going out with the guy i'm in a relationship with already).
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Well my gf of 6 years cheated on me... and in the small group of friends I have 3 of their wives cheated on them... I think it's becoming more and more common place for the women to do the cheating as well...

word. And i think that we *all* have to learn to let go of our fears and traumas and pasts and figure out how to blaze new ground without that old baggage dragging us down.... that sucks beyond belief that she did that to you. What cowardice people have.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Both men and women cheat and/or become the other person. It comes down to a matter of respect, in my opinion. Those people who commit these acts generally probably don't have respect for others because they're a little selfish. ALSO, they probably don't have much respect for themselves. I once was the other girl in high school, and I let myself be that for whatever stupid reason. Looking back, I didn't have a whole lot of respect for myself. I know you're upset, but the best thing to do is tell this guy off and be above the issue. No drama needs to come from this, and eventually you will find a really great guy!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am really sorry and like I said earlier I should've chosen my words more carefully. I know it's a 2 way street. Guys and girls both do this. I know there are good guys out there and there are good girls out there too. I am sorry if I upset anyone for my post and I hope on one is mad at me.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    id like to say that u look too young to have an x hubby! u look like a high school student and playing any role in the 3 way is horrible, been there, so done with that and i love Anthony lol
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    Options
    id like to say that u look too young to have an x hubby! u look like a high school student and playing any role in the 3 way is horrible, been there, so done with that and i love Anthony lol

Oh my gosh thank you so much I am actually 28 and I'll be 29 next month. I got married at 24 and divorced at 27. But I thank you for the compliment!!!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I think people do it because they either can't decide (or won't decide) between the two (or more) that they want. The other reason is that it is inconvenient to break up with the first to go on to the second, such as when there are kids, rent or financial stuff involved.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    We're men. We do what we want when we want to who we want, anytime, anywhere. Why? We're men.

My man is a REAL man, we are entirely devoted to each other. Don't categorize all men into one category please. My husband is the *kitten*.

First husband cheated, and from it I learned to find the one who was worth it.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    if you want all those qualities your looking at the wrong guy. its kinda weird that you didnt even mention anything you like about him, so why not move on right away. if youve been chating and its *that* type of talk, i would drop all conversation right away. but if you just chatting could it be possible that he just looks at you like a friend?
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    And that's how you end up single, alone and unhappy!

We're men. We do what we want when we want to who we want, anytime, anywhere. Why? We're men.
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    lol
    They are all knobs. End of discussion!

did you get a t-shirt when you visited BItter Town? hahaha jk

No but maybe that would have helped a bit!

there are no free t-shirts in Bitter Town. Everyone knows you can't be bitter after getting a free t-shirt.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Cheating... I don't get it really. I understand there are many excuses for it. Yes. I can honestly say I've never cheated on anyone, ever. And to my knowledge, I've never been cheated on. I'd like to think it's because I've attracted very loyal men... though I'll never know that for sure, and don't want to know. I'm happily married now and he's loyal.

As others have pointed out... this is definitely not a "guy" thing. It's a people thing... a dishonest and low-down people thing to do. Sorry you had to experience this. Drop this guy quick and don't look back.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

^^ yeh wut he said lol... we dont really connect with our feelings well (or others feelings) we just do what we want.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    There are guys who are jerks, but the majority aren't. You just need to decide whether you are happy to be in a situation like that, if not kick him to the kerb, plenty of lonely lovely men out there - now if I could just find one...
  • Waterbottlefiller
    Options
    He has a penis DUH...
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options

^^ yeh wut he said lol... we dont really connect with our feelings well (or others feelings) we just do what we want.

You do realize, that men who post *kitten* like this, pis*es my hubby off so bad, ppl like you make good guys like him look bad, and he doesn't like it. When the right two people meet, there is no excuse. Men don't get a FREE PASS because they have a penis!