Do you still eat what you want?

Options

Replies

• brentdaniels
    brentdaniels Posts: 127
    Options
    For the most part I do, just a LOT less of it. I am trying to eat cleaner-less processed etc.
  • kitkat1781
    kitkat1781 Posts: 72
    Options
    This is a really interesting topic...I've enjoyed reading all of the responses. I do not eat "what I want" anymore. That being said, "what I want" is starting to change based on my desire to lead a healthier lifestyle. I love Taco Bell and ice cream. BUT, I learned that I can't eat healthy amounts of either of those things. I'm just not capable. So I've cut them out of my diet. Same with most sweets---my cravings for those foods are out of control once I've had even just a little bit. That being said, I've found lots of other great foods I love and I've found a way to make "healthy" nachos at home.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Im an 80/20 person, but most of the time I tend to have my '20' at weekends. Thats not to say I go overboard, I just generally dont drink alcohol sun-thurs, and so I have a drink Fri and Sat night, and am a little less strict with food. I never tend to have a 'blow out'. I just dont feel good afterwards and so I dont bother. It just makes my tummy hurt.

This is exactly the way i am! works too! I enjoy whatever i want, i just limit it! (and rarely go over my calorie goal!)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Yep. But I follow the logic of "moderation, moderation, moderation". Fast food once a month, pizza once or twice a month, ice cream for dessert, etc. I've lost 77 lbs in a little over a year revamping how I eat as far as healthier foods and working out, but I've not given up fast food completely and I still eat processed foods and white flour and refined sugars. :drinker:
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Yep I eat what I want and I cheat when I want and I have still had success :}
  • Fani2003
    Fani2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wholeheartedly YES!

"Bad" things I have eaten and still been within calories:

Pizza (Delivery, not Digiorno!)
    Cake
    Fro Yo (I can't eat ice cream)
    Cookies
    Chocolate
    Bread
    Wine
    Cheese
    Girl Scout Cookies (deserving of their own category)

I have not had McDonald's (I love me a BigMac). I eat Chick fil A grilled nuggets regularly (we have 2 kids) and was forced to ear at Arby;'s the other day and found a salad under 350 cals.

I find I don't deprive myself. I make decisions based on:

*How much do I really want that?
    *Am I willing to sacrifice other things for it?
    *What is the least of it I can eat to still be satisfied and be low calories.

It is amazing how few calories are in just a sampling of something and also how when you actually think about what something will "cost" you, you don't crave it.

My rule is always log before I eat.

It is amazon
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yes! I don't think I could make it otherwise!
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes I can pretty much eat anything, but I dont crave a lot of the unhealthy food I used to
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    For sure. I try to eat clean food within my calorie goal, but one day a week I allow myself to go over by a hundred calories or so. I used to get out of control because I was denying myself those treats that I love, but now I can have what I want in moderation and not lose my head.
  • CeCe_oceansoul_420
    CeCe_oceansoul_420 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    More or less, yes. I'm careful not to indulge more than a few times a week... but I love hamburgers. Not cheeseburgers, hamburgers. Love them. Could eat one every day of the week. But I try to only eat hamburgers that I make myself, because then I can guarantee what goes on it, how much, and how lean the meat is. And I usually only eat 1-2 hamburgers a week. Everything else I eat is healthy. I don't drink soda or any other sugary drink, I don't do fried foods or chips, and I rarely have chocolate or any other form of candy. My weakness is really hamburgers.

And what I'm doing is working. I don't know how much I've collectively lost since I started my new lifestyle 8 weeks ago, but I do know that my clothes are fitting better, and I've lost at least 1 inch off every area that I measure.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Yes, all things but in moderation.
    And as time passes, my eating has gotten cleaner and cleaner.
    It's a work in progress. If I am going to see this through, I need to minimize deprivation.
    It's been hard enough without making life miserable trying to over-reach like so many here seem to do.

They come in all hot and bothered about diet and exercise, this DVD and that diet, this guru over that "expert"....lol
    It gets absurd.
    And before long, they stop logging in, then just fade away.
    That would be me.
    Again, yes, I eat what I want, including a weekly "free day" where I binge like a government mule.
    Lost 76 lbs doing this.
    Starve if you want; deprive yourself if you must.
    COUNT ME OUT!
    I found a better way :drinker:
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat whatever I want.

The things I have not eaten since I started

No McDonalds at all.
    No Milk
    No Bread

Thats cut so many calories out of my diet it means I can eat pretty much what I want within reason.

My tastes have changed though so I eat a lot more fruit and veg and have just eaten some greek yoghurt on its own and it was quite tasty :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    To me this isn't a diet but a change of eating habits for me and I could never do this if I couldn't eat what I wanted. When I do cheat I will cheat big time and eat everything in site, I'll usually only gain a pound for it but it's okay with me cause now I know how to get it off lol, love mfp
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can't give up the things you enjoy or no one ever stick to it. I'm learning the hard way how to eat healthy, but I'm not giving up me goodies. I eat them less often and in much smaller portions, just to get my fix on.
    This is what i have been doing, but so many think it is terribly wrong.
  • Rowena02148
    Rowena02148 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I want. I just don't go over board. Even just a taste of it is enough as long as I don't feel deprive. That's usually when my mind rebel and start wanting to eat everything in excess.

I also remind myself the hardwork I put into losing weight and feeling good. It doesn't take much for me to gain a pound but it takes a week or two to lose it. That's when I tell myself "Is it worth it?".
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    I pretty much eat anything I want to...I am way more careful now and I can tell that when I eat better I have way better results then when I don't.

I have pretty much given up my Margaritas (FOR NOW) ....not FOREVER......I just can't justify a 600 calorie drink....that's crazy.
    I rarely drink pop....but I do if I go to the movies or something like that. It's a treat not a main staple of my diet anymore....not that it ever really was though.

If I had to give up foods I prolly wouldn't be doing this right now...I started March 1st and so far so good!
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do. But I've found that things I want have changed now.

I agree! I do eat what I want, but what I want isn't a plate full of nachos or a giant hot fudge sundae anymore. It's smaller bites of those things and a big helping of fruit or veggies. I don't know where my tipping point was, but I'm happy to be here and have healthy coming naturally! :)
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes, all things but in moderation.
    And as time passes, my eating has gotten cleaner and cleaner.
    It's a work in progress. If I am going to see this through, I need to minimize deprivation.
    It's been hard enough without making life miserable trying to over-reach like so many here seem to do.

They come in all hot and bothered about diet and exercise, this DVD and that diet, this guru over that "expert"....lol
    It gets absurd.
    And before long, they stop logging in, then just fade away.
    That would be me.
    Again, yes, I eat what I want, including a weekly "free day" where I binge like a government mule.
    Lost 76 lbs doing this.
    Starve if you want; deprive yourself if you must.
    COUNT ME OUT!
    I found a better way :drinker:
    Omg Im wish ,more people would say this. I feel like i cannot do it unless i have maybe one or 2 biscuits a day, just soemthing sweet and within my cals, but when I said im not losing weight, I get a huge backlass that im eating crap all the time, which is so untrue. I havent had a very good week but ive kept within my cals
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I eat what I want, and if I really want something I usually ignore my net goal.

However, if I get fat, I'm blaming the running/cardio rather than the overeating as per that other thread.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No. I have insulin issues and if i eat what i want (even "in moderation") my body has a negative response. You know what i want? A ton of full-fat, full-sugar icecream and some damn cake. Am i going to have it? No I am not.

Hey, i'd love to "enjoy life" etc like a lot of you guys, I really would. But if i did my life would not be as long or as enjoyable because my health would suffer. So i don't have cheat days, i don't take breaks, i do what i need to do. I suck it up and try my best not to whine (does not always work, lol).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!