Do you still eat what you want?

Options

Replies

• jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    No, I don't eat what I want because the scale sticks out it's ugly tongue at me the next day! But I do splurge at social gatherings because I just want to enjoy that evening or lunch! When I do that, I know the scale is going to be pissed at me for the next couple of days but the sheer enjoyment of that evening was worth it! I have a severe sweet tooth, so I can't regularly eat what I want. I know for sure I'll never loose any weight! This is how I got here in the first place!! Lucky are the ones who can eat what they want and eat back all the calories they burn and still loose weight. Unfortunately, I am not one of them.:grumble:
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I like what I eat and don't have any strong cravings for anything which I have laid aside. Life is good.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    No, but I'm changing what I want to eat. There is no nutritional value in most fast foods, so I just avoid them. Generally, when I eat clean, I feel so much better that I'd rather just keep eating that way. My only vice is pizza - but now I only eat Papa Murphy's Delite pizzas or homemade ones. I skip all the fatty meats. My husband and I used to polish off an entire pizza in one meal. Now we each have two pieces and leftovers for the next day.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Nope. If I did I would eat maple bacon cupcakes all day. (yes, just had one a few days ago!) But just one! I used to also live next door to a mexican panaderia and would eat alot of the mexican pastries.....

Eating all I wanted caused me to gain 20 lbs in less than 2 months and it wasn't water weight!

So no, I don't.

Back when I was in my 20's I was one of those people that could eat a whole pizza and never even bloat.

Now..in my upper 30's...it aint' that way.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What does 80/20 eater mean?

Thanks!
  • sbroyles3
    sbroyles3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sure do! I make sure I log it and then enjoy it!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Yes, all things but in moderation.
    And as time passes, my eating has gotten cleaner and cleaner.
    It's a work in progress. If I am going to see this through, I need to minimize deprivation.
    It's been hard enough without making life miserable trying to over-reach like so many here seem to do.

They come in all hot and bothered about diet and exercise, this DVD and that diet, this guru over that "expert"....lol
    It gets absurd.
    And before long, they stop logging in, then just fade away.
    That would be me.
    Again, yes, I eat what I want, including a weekly "free day" where I binge like a government mule.
    Lost 76 lbs doing this.
    Starve if you want; deprive yourself if you must.
    COUNT ME OUT!
    I found a better way :drinker:
    Omg Im wish ,more people would say this. I feel like i cannot do it unless i have maybe one or 2 biscuits a day, just soemthing sweet and within my cals, but when I said im not losing weight, I get a huge backlass that im eating crap all the time, which is so untrue. I havent had a very good week but ive kept within my cals
    Some think the only way to get fit is to become a starvation Nazi.
    Not true....:flowerforyou:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Only time I eat bad is on the weekend when Im out and about and cant cook a meal for myself. I log it in and try to stay within my calories
  • Candyy_sma
    Candyy_sma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do! I wouldnt be able to keep it up if i restricted myself. Only thing i dont do that i want is drink Mountain Dew.. ah to have MD on a daily basis. lol. If i'm feeling like i need a soft drink i have a diet dr pepper.
  • annette0118
    Options
    i just started and i hope i can stick to it
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes. I eat whatever I want but try to stay within 1200-1500 cals.
  • Shanon78
    Shanon78 Posts: 18
    Options
    Yes and No! I enjoy what I eat but I still stay away from starchy things. I would LOVE to eat cookies, candies, and soda pop but that isn't really healthy and won't do me any good. I am trying to stick to more things like meat, veggies, lower carb breads and cheeses! I am satisfied and full that way!!
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want within my goal. I even *gasp* go over from time to time.

***THIS***
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I try to go for moderation. I have really bad cravings and I'm really bad at controlling myself. Right now we have a lot of my cravings at home... and I know that I will give in if I tell myself "I cannot have xyz", so I go for only "1 brownie" or "1 cookie" per day.

this is probably why I haven't been losing.
  • danacr73
    danacr73 Posts: 6
    Options
    As I have started to get into shape I can no longer eat certain things the way I use to (and usually I don't want to). I went to the movies last week ordered popcorn and a coke - my tummy hurt the rest of the day.
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I try to eat well most of the time anyway but I find if I restrict myself too much I cave within a few hours :blushing:
    Mostly I just go for whatever in moderation too, if I overdo it too much I'll just work out for a bit longer.
    My diet today was shameful though, I was out visiting friends and we somehow ended up eating both lunch and dinner out and I still managed to be way under my daily calories. I feel kind of gross for it, too.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    yes .. and that also includes alcohol. :)
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    I eat healthy nearly all of the time x
  • EvieNieves
    EvieNieves Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For weight loss or maintenance purposes ... as long as you don't eat more than your body can burn than yes you can get away with eating what you like....BUT even skinny people can be unhealthy because they are eating unhealthy food. Skinny/thin people can have health issues just as much as overweight people. That's why it's important to develop a habit of eating and craving healthy foods so it's "okay" having those not so healthy meals here and there. Also the more muscle you have the easier your body can burn calories leading you to allowing you to eat more. Why do you think huge muscular guys never seem to get full?!! Lol always eating. :)
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Yep! Ruling out an entire food group (i.e. sweets) has never worked for me
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!