Let's QUIT the sweets!?

Options

Replies

• 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I didn't eat well last night, but I avoided the brownies I made for my bf for the second day in a row! So 2 days, no sweets!!! yay!! That is really good for me cuz I used to grab at least a handful of the peanut m&ms my boss keeps in her room every day.

:drinker: Cheers to day 3!
  • salamander
    Options
    I'm definitely in for this... I am one of those who cannot just have one, I eat clean most of the time, but the minute my husband sits down with sweets, I tell myself "oh, just one, I work so hard at the gym"... one turns into several and then I wake up with a sugar hangover. Today is one of those days, my head is heavy, my stomach is bloated and the scale is up a few pounds.
    Gum doesn't even seem to work... the sugary flavor of the sugar free gum makes me crave sugar... does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be doing when watching tv or a movie with my hubby and he's into the chips or sweets? Gum hasn't worked, and neither does brushing my teeth first. I don't want to completely avoid spending time with my hubby in the evening... I have asked him to help me out by not offering them, so he's doing his part by reminding me I don't really want it... any other suggestions?
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    So far, I've avoided the Krispy Kreme's my boss brought in!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i blew it! I did fantastic onmy program then at 6:30 pm, after piano lessons, I went into trader joes and bought a dessert for the 'family'. I swear I thought I would be fine. By the time I got home, I was crazy. I think sugar is a demon :mad: and I learned that I really don't want to eat that stuff anymore . I have no business bringing such foods into the house that are a problem for me.

So today has gone very well, and I feel so clean. Pray for me cause ...

Boy, was i in denial. kc
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hey guys!!

just wanted to pop in and give some support to your efforts! :flowerforyou: it's HARD, i know! i've been doing the art sweeteners, sugar free bread, water water water, etc for a bit now and once you stop having them for a while, your cravings cut down. I do still crave chocolate for TOM or sometimes after salty meals but i found an excellent sugar free chocolate substitute, sugar free werthers, etc. my protein shakes and sugar free jello also help. i'm sure if i eat fully sweetened foods now id get sick. lol...

Are u guys still eating fruits? they are a good source of natural sugar - not overdone- but i try to have at least one serving a day (apple) and not go overboard b/c yep, they are still sweet. lol... just a healthier version.

all the best:flowerforyou:
  • mkatzb3
    mkatzb3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im willing to suffer too!
    Its gonna be a struggle though seeing as I work around desserts AND bake when Im stressed, happy, etc. I really need the support so if youre willing to work through it I am too!
  • katznketo
    Options
    I am so wanting to be off sugar. Today was a good day. Alex wanted ice cream, 11 years old, and so I told him to go make him and his brother a small bowl. I don't really like the stuff but if I scoop it, I taste and it sets me up.

Good grief, I could of asked him a long time ago to make his own so it shows me how I use stuff for excuses.

Today I ate a peach on the way to get the kids. It was so hot today and that peach was cold out of the fridge and delicious. Actually much more enjoyable than sugar stuff. Why don't I crave it like I do sugar? Baffling?:laugh:

Good night, I'm gonna hit the sack. be blessed, kc
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Are u guys still eating fruits? they are a good source of natural sugar

I am! Nectarines, for instance. But I like them rather green, so I would guess there's less sugar in them then in the fully rip ones, right?

I have been clean (no white/processed sugar, to the best of my knowledge) for two days now. :drinker:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I am so wanting to be off sugar. Today was a good day. Alex wanted ice cream, 11 years old, and so I told him to go make him and his brother a small bowl. I don't really like the stuff but if I scoop it, I taste and it sets me up.

Good grief, I could of asked him a long time ago to make his own so it shows me how I use stuff for excuses.

Today I ate a peach on the way to get the kids. It was so hot today and that peach was cold out of the fridge and delicious. Actually much more enjoyable than sugar stuff. Why don't I crave it like I do sugar? Baffling?:laugh:

Good night, I'm gonna hit the sack. be blessed, kc

Well done, kc! :flowerforyou: You can do it!

And peaches are yummy :smile:
  • fittous
    fittous Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Dee and I'm a MAJOR chocoholic. I don't smoke, but I could imagine how someone would feel wanting a cigarette the way I want chocolate sometimes. What I had thought was to take a bite or two of whatever sweet it is, then put something on it to totally ruin it so you won't eat anymore of it! I'm on board with the quitting sweets, but I'll have to wean myself off... I'm very impressed with those of you who can quit cold turkey! Good luck to us all!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    3 days clean :drinker: . Yesterday I almost put a sponge cake in my mouth, that my mum brough us. I was strong, though - figured that I'll have to do it at the weekend anyhow, so why not leaving it till then? :wink:

So if I manage to stay strong today and then have just small portions over the weekend, then I'll still cound myself in the game, right? :wink:

How's everyone else doing?
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Oh Brenda I failed on tuesday I had pecan chocolate chip cookies 2 of em And yesterday I had mint chocolate chip low fat ice cream by Edy's and :grumble: A sour cream glazed donut :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I failed Im a very bad person....geesh I feel better I let it out:indifferent:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    So if I manage to stay strong today and then have just small portions over the weekend, then I'll still cound myself in the game, right? :wink:

I was! Strong on Friday, that is :) Then the WE confirmed to me that I cannot have just 1 piece of cake. Monday I was clean, too, but yesterday I had some cake again.

I still have fruit. But apart from my mum's cakes, no processed sugar :drinker: .

How's everyone else doing?
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ugh!!

I feel like I have completely fallen off of the wagon. I went out of town for a wedding and allowed myself to indulge a little bit, but now I can't seem to stop eating junk! I've had diet soda today, and then just now I had two frosted oatmeal raisin cookies. I've been so good for the last several weeks! I need to just stop this trend and start eating clean again!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the devil- especially when it's coated in chocolate! I haven't had very many "clean" days. Yesterday I had half of a toblerone and 2 cookies, but I biked for about 2 hours and walked an hour yesterday, so I'm sure I burned off the sugar in those. I went to bed with over 1500 calories left because I was so tired!

__

My goal for the day: Do NOT buy a Big 'R Turk bar (and definitley do NOT buy 2 :tongue: ). Those are my latest addiction, and I live right across the street from a convenience store.
  • katznketo
    Options
    i gotta agree that sugar is evil.

It isn't that I don't want the calories, it's because when I eat it, even if I burn off the calories i have horrible exhaustion. I can eat one sugar food and be unable to function for up to 3 days.

The other thing I've noticed is that I get depression.

I have been on my program now for like 10 days and without sugar. I am feeling so energetic, waking up early, stable emotions. Why do I trade all this for a piece of something?

Cause the Sugar devil lies and says I won't feel bad if I eat it.

Just a thought. kc
  • katznketo
    Options
    :smile: Excellent. I never remember the teeth thing.

I usually have a cup of coffee with SweetNLow and it really satisfies me.
    kc
  • katznketo
    Options
    hey dewdrop?

howz it going with the sugar? I hope well. You said you had one day and I thought of how one drop of rain fills the cup, the bathtub, the pool, the lake, the ocean.

One day is great! I figure if we have more days without sugar than with, we are doing something. kc
  • dewdrop
    Options
    hey dewdrop?

howz it going with the sugar?

Except for my mum's cake, I had no desert. And the cake also only over the WE and on Tuesday. So since the 1st of Sept I've had (lemme count) 6 (out of 9) days without any deserts. Ah, I forgot, I also had some cocoa candies on Tuesday. But the numbers stand. :wink:

I love to see how well you're doing, kc :flowerforyou: .

Brenda, if it weren't hard to do this, you would have not started the challenge :flowerforyou: . I am doing the same with the "no late night snacking" - keep starting each month and keep failing :embarassed: . But I'm not giving up! :drinker: And until it becomes a habbit, I'm taking it as a challenge :wink: .
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Oh, I just remembered: I had a scoop of icecream on Sunday :blushing: .