Women's average THIGH and CALF size! What's yours?

Replies

• mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    5'3 and 115 pounds

Thigh: 20.5''
    Calf: 12.8 (my calves are smallish)
    My waist size is about 25'' and my bust 33.5-34
  • ms6626
    ms6626 Posts: 2
    5'9"
    137lbs
    Calf: 13
    Thigh: 19

I'm not sure about body fat but I wear 26 or 27 inch waist pants and have 38 inch hips. I rarely get to wear heels at all because it makes me taller than a majority of women and about half of the men in any room I walk in.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    I guess I'm one of the HUGE ones ! My thighs are 24.5 and 25 inches. I haven't measured my calves though.

That's not huge. You look nice and curvy, in a good way.

My thighs right now are 24", but they might go back to 22.5 with lifting if they react to the same amount of weight loss as I had a few years ago (before I got so lazy again :D ). So about 16-17 lbs left (that's mostly in the midsection).

But I also distinctly remember that I had 23.5 inch thighs in high school -- an athlete -- and I'd take 'em again!

I'm 5'6".

I just measured my calves and they are 13". I've never gained weight in my calves for some reason, and I don't lift for them (I do lift a lot for all the big leg muscles and glutes).
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    151 lbs
    5 ' 7

Calves 12.5
    Thigh 20

All my inches hang out on my waistline. Lol
    But have lost 3 of them...Hopefully 4 more, at least.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    I guess I'm one of the HUGE ones ! My thighs are 24.5 and 25 inches. I haven't measured my calves though.

My thighs right now are 24", but they might go back to 22.5 with lifting if they react to the same amount of weight loss as I had a few years ago (before I got so lazy again :D ). So about 16-17 lbs left (that's mostly in the midsection).

But I also distinctly remember that I had 23.5 inch thighs in high school -- an athlete -- and I'd take 'em again!

I'm 5'6".

I just measured my calves and they are 13". I've never gained weight in my calves for some reason, and I don't lift for them (I do lift a lot for all the big leg muscles and glutes).

How do you lift for your calves? Mine have always been sooo skinny.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Calves: 13.5"
    Thighs: 18"
    Weight:117-120 lbs
    Height: 5'6"
    Body fat: 18%
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    5'9 1/4
    142 lbs
    24.5% BF
    thighs - 20.5" at thickest part
    calves - 14"
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member

I'm 5'6".

How do you lift for your calves? Mine have always been sooo skinny.

OMG, Russian Hamstring Curls! I started doing those and my calves were like 'Help me!', lol. It's definitely a calf exercise more than a ham one for me! It's pretty crazy overall. I don't do them as part of my regular routine because they seem like they will grow everything very well, yes! I already do enough hamstring work to add those too often :D I have very large hamstrings compared to the rest of my leg muscles (just a genetic thing).
  • I am 5'6". I am 147 lbs. My thighs are 24" and calves are 14". I am on a journey though to be at 125 lbs which is where I feel comfortable. So, I need to loose 22 lbs of fat. I carry it mostly in my stomach and butt and thighs. I think some women can have 24" thighs and they be muscular and trim, but not me, at least not right now. My hubby has been doing Insanity and he is starting P90X this week and he had to do all his measurements, that is why I let him measure me. His thighs are the same circumference as mine! Ugh. Obviously his are all muscle though. Time to hit the gym and lay off the sugar. Or at least after Thanksgiving;-)
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    I have an update on my measurements

I am 5'3'' and my thighs are now 19.5 inches each! And my calves are12.8, almost 13. I am beyond proud of my accomplishments. I started at 21-22 inches thighs (looked a bit big on my frame)

What I did is cardio, circuit training, resistance training and HIIT, a lot of walking....

I am 5'3'' and 106.5 pounds. I don't think I could get any smaller. I'm entering maintenance.

Feel free to add me :)
  • I have always had really large calves, being involved in sports at a young age and heredity are seemingly responsible.

I am 5'2", 150 lbs and based on online calculators I am 30% body fat but I am very muscular.

Thighs are 24" and calves are 17" and even when I lose weight my calf size does not change so then they look even bigger as the rest of me shrinks.
  • cdlzl
    cdlzl Posts: 3 Member
    Hi height 5'4

weight 125

calf 12 3/4

thigh 21

b/f 21.5
  • 5'8"
    116 lbs.
    bf: 13.28%

thigh: 20.5
    calf: 14
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    5'4"
    137.0 lbs
    bf%:22.3
    Thigh: 20 in
    Calf: 13 in
  • Vorcha
    Vorcha Posts: 126
    Calves: 17"
    Thighs: 28"
    Weight: 205lbs
    Height: 5'9"
    Body fat: 33%

Enough to make me feel absolutely disgusting in a thread of slim thighed, trim calved ladies.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Calves: 17"
    Thighs: 28"
    Weight: 205lbs
    Height: 5'9"
    Body fat: 33%

Enough to make me feel absolutely disgusting in a thread of slim thighed, trim calved ladies.

Don't feel that way. I never took my measurements at the start of my weight loss. i started at a weight of 234 at my 5'4".. when I first started tracking my measurements for my thighs and calves my thighs were 30 and i didn't track my calves but they've never really been THAT big on me. my legs below my knees were usually the smallest part of me.. my bf% (the first time it was measured was when I was around 180 lbs and I believe i was at like 33-35 % then).
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    I'm 5"2, 124lbs, bodyfat I'm unsure of as I've used online calculators and formulas to work it out but they say 25%, calves are 13" and thighs are 21".
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    People often comment on how skinny my legs are (20" and 12.5"), but it sounds like my measurements are really pretty average. Maybe they look skinny because I am an apple on stilts!!!

Actually, at a normal healthy weight like right now (I'm 121), I consider myself an hourglass on stilts, but when I gain weight I'm an apple on stilts. The legs stay the same either way.
    [/quote]

^^^
    The above came from my earlier post on this thread.

Today:

I am sooo excited! I have added an inch to my thighs and calves!

This is good news, because my waist has stayed the same. I am trying to add some lean body mass, because it seems like I can't get ride of the tummy fat! It seems like my legs will disappear before my ab fat even budges. But this is a step in the right direction!!

Btw just did a bodyfat estimate and got 27.6%. Not too bad but trying to improve!
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Wow. I feel like a freak of nature compared to all of the slim-legged women in here. Clearly our weight distributes VERY differently! :laugh:

Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 127 lbs
    Thigh: 22"
    Calf: 15"
    Body Fat: 22%