Women's average THIGH and CALF size! What's yours?

Options

Replies

• bcolewarner
    bcolewarner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Alright Ladies...I was searching for average sizes of thighs and legs for an art project. I googled "Average womans leg and thigh size" This thread popped up. So i started reading. I was in a pretty pleasant mood until i started getting deeper into this thread. But i gotta come out and say this right here and right now. You are all just so very wrong, and I am wrong as well looking up averages. This thread made me remember something i forgot since i went from 294 pounds to 170 in a little over a year and a half. We as human beings, man or woman. We are our biggest and worst critic. You are all so judgmental on yourselves. You have to stop. You have to think about it in a different light. Are you happy? Are you healthy? If your answer is no, guess what!? You can do something about it. Whether you have a medical condition or you just let your self go into a depression or whatever it may be. But you cannot sit here and be so damned pessimistic on yourselves and expect to become something you want to be. We are all beautiful, in our own special ways. You all owe it to yourselves to respect yourselves or you will never get the respect we all deserve from others. It's not fast and it sure isn't easy. But if you really want to be proud of yourself and love yourself then stop attacking your weight mentally and verbally. Start making simple changes and leap toward the big ones in your own time. Believe me it works. I started the first two month at 6 miles walking on the treadmill and cut out soda and other sugar infested drinks. Halfway through the first month i was already feeling better about myself. And most of us have treadmill access whether its at our apt gym, community gym or 10 monthly at planet fitness.

I am literally sitting here so saddened by the way some of you have refereed to yourselves. Whether it be from mental abuse from school or spouses or even family. YOU let that in. YOU can get it out. Even if one of you reads this and decides that it is time to take the little steps toward the bigger leaps....Then i will be happy. Life is too short to sit by and hate yourself all your life. For me it took thyroid cancer and depression/anxiety to finally see what I was doing to myself. Don't wait until something horrible forces your mind to change directions. Get up tomorrow and walk around the block. Then do it again tomorrow night, and the next day and next night etc etc...you will be so proud you even tried. But please please try not to think of yourself in a negative way with such an apathetic attitude. Everyone, and i mean everyone has a beauty and a light inside...But only each of us as indiviuals can let that light dim and beauty fade. Fight it ladies. Your Beautiful.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Who on earth are you talking to?
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Who on earth are you talking to?

I think she's dealing with some inner angst. :)
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    And projecting quite a bit.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Alright Ladies...I was searching for average sizes of thighs and legs for an art project. I googled "Average womans leg and thigh size" This thread popped up. So i started reading. I was in a pretty pleasant mood until i started getting deeper into this thread. But i gotta come out and say this right here and right now. You are all just so very wrong, and I am wrong as well looking up averages. This thread made me remember something i forgot since i went from 294 pounds to 170 in a little over a year and a half. We as human beings, man or woman. We are our biggest and worst critic. You are all so judgmental on yourselves. You have to stop. You have to think about it in a different light. Are you happy? Are you healthy? If your answer is no, guess what!? You can do something about it. Whether you have a medical condition or you just let your self go into a depression or whatever it may be. But you cannot sit here and be so damned pessimistic on yourselves and expect to become something you want to be. We are all beautiful, in our own special ways. You all owe it to yourselves to respect yourselves or you will never get the respect we all deserve from others. It's not fast and it sure isn't easy. But if you really want to be proud of yourself and love yourself then stop attacking your weight mentally and verbally. Start making simple changes and leap toward the big ones in your own time. Believe me it works. I started the first two month at 6 miles walking on the treadmill and cut out soda and other sugar infested drinks. Halfway through the first month i was already feeling better about myself. And most of us have treadmill access whether its at our apt gym, community gym or 10 monthly at planet fitness.

I am literally sitting here so saddened by the way some of you have refereed to yourselves. Whether it be from mental abuse from school or spouses or even family. YOU let that in. YOU can get it out. Even if one of you reads this and decides that it is time to take the little steps toward the bigger leaps....Then i will be happy. Life is too short to sit by and hate yourself all your life. For me it took thyroid cancer and depression/anxiety to finally see what I was doing to myself. Don't wait until something horrible forces your mind to change directions. Get up tomorrow and walk around the block. Then do it again tomorrow night, and the next day and next night etc etc...you will be so proud you even tried. But please please try not to think of yourself in a negative way with such an apathetic attitude. Everyone, and i mean everyone has a beauty and a light inside...But only each of us as indiviuals can let that light dim and beauty fade. Fight it ladies. Your Beautiful.

Actually, I can think however I want about my body. I haven't even commented on this resurrected thread until just now.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Thank you for signing up and writing something so moving, bcolewarner :)
  • bcolewarner
    bcolewarner Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thank you for signing up and writing something so moving, bcolewarner :)

I'm glad someone realized it wasn't meant as a pessimistic post. It's about loving yourself and your body no matter what your issue may or may not be. I also don't think they realize this is coming from a man. No inner Angst here, just sad that people don't realize how beautiful they are. Instead they become their own worst enemy. It's not just women. It's men too. However with all the media and propaganda aimed towards the "Perfect Body. Perfect Diet. Perfect Hair. etc etc etc". It's nearly impossible for anyone, man or woman...but especially women, to appreciate what they have. I just want everyone to see the beauty in the world, starting with themselves. Sorry if my previous post offended anyone else.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It was out of context with the nature of the thread I think .i guess I saw it as kind of judgemental and patronising if I'm honest. But that's just my inference and I didn't mean to be offputting...we get quite a lot of fly-by posters who think they have some earth shattering revelation and believe that chatter-chat like this denotes poor body image

That said ..welcome, stick around
  • eeveewinter
    eeveewinter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Height: 163cm (5'4")
    Weight: 45kg (99lbs)
    Thigh: 45cm (17.7")
  • ThatKirstyGirl123
    Options
    Height: 6 ft 1
    Weight: (working on getting it up) 126lbs
    Thigh: 17.5in
    Calf: 13in
    BF: 15%

Total weight loss: 101lbs
  • cafeaulait7
    Options
    Mine have changed since I posted them before.

5'6"
    133-134 lbs
    Thigh: 21.5
    Calf: Still 13

I didn't expect my thighs to get lower than 23, going on when I was rocking in high school. That makes me think I'm not as muscley there now :( It makes sense since I'm not Rockette-kicking hundreds of times a day, darnit. I used to use 5-lb ankle weights in practice, too, just to get more bang out of it, lol.

I'm lifting to attempt to get them bigger :)
  • Cats2626
    Cats2626 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    About 180 pounds
    Thigh: 23 inches
    Calf: 15.5
    I have HUGE legs
  • Cats2626
    Cats2626 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cats2626 wrote: »
    5'7"
    About 180 pounds
    Thigh: 23 inches
    Calf: 15.5
    I have HUGE legs
    Also, I am usually a size 8 and my goal is
    Thigh: At least 20
    Calf: At least 13
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm 125lbs and 5"1.

Thigh: 21"
    Calf: 13.5"

Not sure what size I wear. Hips are 36.5". I'm wearing 6's, 8's and 10's but they fall down a lot.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm 186lbs and 5'5"

Thigh: 24
    calf : 16
  • laura_lee414
    laura_lee414 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    154 lbs (gained about 7 lately....grr)
    Thigh 22"
    Calf 14.5"
    Body fat Maybe 25%?
  • WWbuffydo
    WWbuffydo Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    5ft4
    120lbs
    thigh 22"
    calf 13"

I'm really confused..I don't understand how people taller then me, who weigh quite a bit more, can have thighs smaller then me and their thighs are apparently considered 'thunder thighs'. I mean, people usually tell me that I'm pretty small and I wear a size 8 (Aus) bottoms, which I think is a 4 in the US. I've always known I'm more bottom heavy but I've never really thought my legs were abnormally large and no one has ever told me they were..maybe I've been living a lie all this time haha
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    5ft4
    thigh 22.5"
    calf 13.5"

My calves are probably the most toned and muscular part of me, I love them!
  • cafeaulait7
    Options
    WWbuffydo wrote: »
    5ft4
    120lbs
    thigh 22"
    calf 13"

I'm really confused..I don't understand how people taller then me, who weigh quite a bit more, can have thighs smaller then me and their thighs are apparently considered 'thunder thighs'. I mean, people usually tell me that I'm pretty small and I wear a size 8 (Aus) bottoms, which I think is a 4 in the US. I've always known I'm more bottom heavy but I've never really thought my legs were abnormally large and no one has ever told me they were..maybe I've been living a lie all this time haha

Thighs can be shapely from muscle or very lacking in muscle (inner thigh muscle in particular in women, imho). So you can have rockin' thighs that are bigger than someone's that don't have as much muscle, definitely.

I don't know how anyone gets 'thunder thighs' from some of the measurements they've mentioned, either. Some people are going for the runway model look? If someone is tall, they might have long, thin thighs because everything is all stretched out, too.