Women's average THIGH and CALF size! What's yours?

Options

Replies

• hourglassframe
    hourglassframe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How about 30 inch thighs... try living with that! You girls talking about 21-22 inch thighs being too big you need to love and embrace those skinny thighs!

BTW add 5'0 HEIGHT to that
  • charliebitesback
    charliebitesback Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Calves: 14.5"
    Thighs: 21"
    Weight: 113.8 lbs
    Height: 5'3"
    Body fat: 19.5%
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" about 106 pounds.

Thigh - 18"
    Calf - 13"
  • stacksue
    stacksue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I always thought I had huge(muscular) calves!! Guess they're not so big after all. :) I wonder why boots are always so tight...

5' 3"
    128lbs
    Thighs: 21 1/2"
    Calf: 14 1/4"

It's really interesting to see everyone's measurements along with their weight and photos. It really shows how little lbs matter.
  • sinbadizzy
    sinbadizzy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, this post has made me realize again how much I hate my calves. I know there is a lot of definition and toning work that needs to be done, but I have come to the conclusion that I would resort to surgery if I can't get my calves smaller. I've only been regularly working out for about a month but have reduced calories and really watched that intake for several months. Even with overall weight loss, I feel like not an ounce of fat is coming off of these calves. I'm training for a half marathon right now (WTH was I thinking), so lots of running in my future. Maybe I will check back in a month to see if there is any progress. Hubby keeps saying "Give it time", but it's very depressing. One day I will get over this and wear something besides pants, but for now, I still cry.

5'10.5"
    163 lbs
    Thighs 24.5
    Calves 15.5
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Geez! Where was I when this thread got started? Love it!

Height 5'7 1/2 on big hair days 5'8

CW - 160lbs
    Thighs - 25 in

I sooo want to lose 1 1/2 - 2 inches off my thighs. I've been incorporating more running on my off days from Stronglifts. Wish me luck! Great to know of in good company with my thick thigh ladies! :wink:
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    5'7
    Age 55
    157 lbs
    Thigh 21
    Calf 12.5
  • gabisue90
    Options
    Height: 5'5
    Weight: 135
    Chest:37
    Waist:26
    Hips:38
    Thighs:22
    Calves:13.5

Always had a weird body type. Skinny legs but from the side my quads look big but from the front they're kind of scrawny. Very narrow hips but born with a bootay. Anyone else have some weird shape like this? I also have skinny arms that will not tone. Anyone have tips?!
  • gabisue90
    Options
    Yea not thick thighs at all. .. Especially considering your height, very slim. I have the same size thighs at the widest part and have always been told I have quite lean legs and I'm 5'5. Cray.
  • fyoosha
    fyoosha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 190
    Thighs: 25"
    Calves: 17" (Basically I can almost never wear knee-length boots. =/ )
    Body Fat: 27.58%
  • HaggisWhisperer
    HaggisWhisperer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight since May last year and as part of that I've also been tracking my measurements. Anyway - this it what I had (Height 5 foot 6")

May 2012 (weight 233 lb). calf 17.75 inches; thighs 26.5 inches
    September 2013 (weight 189 lb). calf 15 3/4 inches; thighs 24 inches

That said, I've always had heavy calves - I weighed around 135 lb for many years and I could still never buy knee high boots that would fit. I have a fabulous pair of pink Hunter wellies at the moment with a buckled gusset :laugh: they are fab
  • joannlim965
    Options
    I'm trying to lose some weight by doing mostly cardio - running, but lately I realized that instead of losing the unwanted weight, my calves has grown much bigger then before.. my jeans feels tight around the calves area. Starting to feel less feminine :( any suggestions? I really love running but I don't want to bulk my calves...

Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 130 lbs
    Calves: 14.3" (is it big?)
  • zrzka
    zrzka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Calf are my big problem - anyone knows how to get them smaller? I do cardio a lot and that makes them bigger!

Im 5'7
    weight 175lb
    bf 28%

thighs 21" - 21.5" at widest
    calf 15.5-16"
    waist 30" (clothes size 12-14 or 40-42)
  • 2ne1ParkBom
    Options
    Height -5'5
    Weight - 129lbs
    Thigh - 23in
    Calf-13in
  • realmeryl16
    realmeryl16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently weigh 131.2lbs.

Body fat % around 25%
    Thighs 21in
    Calves 13in
    Waist 29in
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm one of the HUGE ones ! My thighs are 24.5 and 25 inches. I haven't measured my calves though.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    5"4
    125lbs
    Thighs: 20"
    Calves: 14"
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    128 pounds
    calf 14"
    thigh 21"

My exercise is walking , yoga and Barre3, some zumba. I have really long legs, (32.5" inseam)... and I wear flats most days at work. I might wear a 1 to 2" heel like 3 to 4 times a year for special occasions.

I am told pure pilates is the best thing to get long lean muscles, but I enjoy what I do now.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    5'5" 136 lbs

Thighs- 22.5"
    Calves- 14"

Dont know my BF % but my thighs and tummy seem to be the last place to lose. Ugh!
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    Thigh 21"
    Calf 16"
    BF% 27%

I have always hated my thighs, thought they were huge (especially the way they spread out when I sit.) But actually this thread has made me feel a lot better about them! :)

Would also love advice on how to slim calves! So many lovely boots out there in the world and I am limited to ankle boots without feeling stupid.