Which Grocery Store Do You Shop At?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Rukadare
    Rukadare Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, so good fruits and veggies are a must have for me, as well as bulk items (which are cheap!) like beans and legumes.

I normally shop at Sprouts...but if it were closer, I would shop at Whole Foods for everything. I love that store so much. xD It has everything I could ever want, the only downside is that it's so expensive. :( But..so worth it. Then again, Sprout's has a bigger selection of fruits and veggies, but Whole Foods has more organic produce. Meh.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Winco for most stuff, their prices are amazing. Albertson's or the health food Co-op for pretty much everything else. Occasionally Walmart, but not often because they aren't in my normal driving pattern.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Meijer & Kroger :)
  • angiebarker
    angiebarker Posts: 127
    Options
    My hubby and I usually go to Market Basket or Hannafords. I find that Hannafords has a wider selection of produce and fresh stuff. We are vegan so even though we are trying not to eat really processed, we enjoy tofurkey etc from time to time.
  • jennlove79
    jennlove79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Walmart
    Price Chopper(for produce)
    BJ's
    Stop&Shop(only if they have great deals, they are way too inconvenient otherwise)
  • katnohat
    katnohat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Food Lion because it is literally the only grocery store in my town...and I also buy from farmers' produce stations on the sides of roads, although we don't have a "farmer's market..."
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I do 99% of my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart

I can bring all the ads from the weekly sales, and get everything I need in one place at the lowest prices around town in one place.

Add that to my couponing, and its huge savings......

Once in a blue moon I will go somewhere else to pick up an item or two that they do not sell at Wal-Mart, but then I still go there to get everything else that I can.....
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Where do you purchase your raw materials and why?

Wegman's. I like the variety of fresh foods, organic foods. And their cooked foods are tasty and convenient. They aren't a cheap store but the b/f pays the food bill and he prefers to pay more for better quality. But if I need something in a pinch, I will just run to the Shop Rite across the street...especially since they sell the brand of cottage cheese I prefer and Wegman's doesn't.

Sometimes we will go down to the Amish market and get some produce and meats there, too.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Safeway, Frys, Whole Foods, or Costco
  • dawnitalinn
    Options
    I shop in a number of different places.

For hormone free, free range meat products I go to my local butcher store. They carry meats that are raised locally.
    For my Fresh fruits and vegis I go to a seasonal fruit stand this time of year and an organic fruit and vegi store that is here year around.
    For dried goods i order through a co-op to get local and organic foods. Dried beans, rice, dried fruit , nuts and some snack crackers that I like through them.
    All other foods I go to where they have what I want. Safeway for fruits and vegis that I can't find at the above mentioned. Fred Meyers (NW chain) for Bread that doesn't contain soy (it is the only place in my town that I can find it) and a few other things from their health food dept.
    Walmart carries the local dairy products made in our town and state (Tillamock cheese) and a few other items.
    Bi-mart (another NW chain) has good prices on canned goods.
    Whole food for my soy free chocolate and fresh fish.
    Costco for nut, fruits & vegis we don't find elsewhere.

Grocery shopping day is a very big chore, there is no one grocery store with all or most of me and my family's needs. I have sever soy allergies, so I have to make sure that the items I am buying are not processed in a plant where soy is processed. It makes food shopping tedious.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wegmans, Giant, Safeway and rarely Weis...MD'er here
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Freshco (which is the "new" Price Chopper)
    No Frills
    Kensington Market
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Safeway - it is close to my house, it has most everything I want, and it has everything where I can find it.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    H.E.B here in Texas but also Super Target.