TOO MUCH FRUIT CAN GET IN THE WAY OF WEIGHT LOSS!

Options

Replies

• mbrady101
    mbrady101 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow..Thanks for the tip on what is low and what is high in the fruit we eat. I will remember that. I do love rasberries and blackberries. Blueberries sometimes and peaches and watermelon. I will be more careful with this.
    mbrady101
  • kateblue72
    kateblue72 Posts: 113
    Options
    Yup ... think this is prob true, at least for me. The last time I went onto WW - was with their new points plus ... and all fruits and vegies were 0 points and 'free' ... I think I prob over did it - yes I know moderation is key - however I could not lose weight like I had on WW a few years earlier, hence I found and joined mfp ... which seems to be working. And have also gotten lots of support from the 'mfp family'! Thanks to all!:flowerforyou:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    a calorie from a french fry = a calorie from an apple.

not exactly; i mean, yes as far as a calorie goes, but no as far as nutrition and body performance goes. it's not all about calories.
    French fry = potato, potato = tons of nutrition.

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Fruit sugar is better than the refined sugar..everything in moderation :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    No it's not, it's molecularly identical.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options

but it's paired with fiber and water and delivers micronutrients unlike other sweets. some are better than others, as the OP noted.

i cook in peanut oil, too. it's great for making falafel.
  • tigersword
    Options

but it's paired with fiber and water and delivers micronutrients unlike other sweets. some are better than others, as the OP noted.

Fiber and vitamins make fruit healthier than a Twinkie, but that has nothing to do with the sugar. The sugar is the same in both of them. If you meet your nutritional goals already, then neither one is "better" than the other.
  • angel79202
    Options

Fiber and vitamins make fruit healthier than a Twinkie, but that has nothing to do with the sugar. The sugar is the same in both of them. If you meet your nutritional goals already, then neither one is "better" than the other.

go eat a stack of candy bars if u want..I'll follow my dietitian and doctor thanks!
  • tigersword
    Options

go eat a stack of candy bars if u want..I'll follow my dietitian and doctor thanks!
    Right, because that's exactly what I said. If you don't understand the conversation, just don't comment on it.
  • angel79202
    Options

Right, because that's exactly what I said. If you don't understand the conversation, just don't comment on it.

Why must you always sound like a know it all..I'm not stupid.
    My point is, for my weight loss, I have done fine with eating fruit verses the refined sugar..do u always look for a fight?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm in trouble...............I've eaten an apple, a pear, a banana and grapes today.

It's crap like this that confuses the **** out of people. If you stay in calorie deficit and aren't diabetic, fruit is fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • angel79202
    Options
    Guess I'm in trouble...............I've eaten an apple, a pear, a banana and grapes today.

It's crap like this that confuses the **** out of people. If you stay in calorie deficit and aren't diabetic, fruit is fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I love fruit! I usually have blueberries, raspberries, etc everyday...I just can't see limiting them
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    I'm a raw vegan, I eat mostly fruit, some vegetables, nuts, and seeds. So far I've lost 26 pounds in less than a month.

Raw vegan 80/10/10...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucHEVNX2c9o

Freelea eats up to 50 bananas a day...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UK-aX0_fAw
  • tigersword
    Options

My point is, for my weight loss, I have done fine with eating fruit verses the refined sugar..do u always look for a fight?
    Debunking misinformation by supplying facts isn't looking for a fight. Saying that fruit sugar is different from refined sugar is wrong. Source doesn't matter, total caloric intake matters. A diabetic can put themselves into a sugar coma just as fast with oranges as they can with M&M's, and if they read on here that fruit sugar is ok, and they don't know any better, that could have disastrous results.

Also, logical fallacies are my biggest pet peeve.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I'm a raw vegan, I eat mostly fruit, some vegetables, nuts, and seeds. So far I've lost 26 pounds in less than a month.

Raw vegan 80/10/10...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucHEVNX2c9o

Freelea eats up to 50 bananas a day...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UK-aX0_fAw

Freelee and Durianrider are the worst people on the planet. Don't ruin your health. Get wiser and read tons of testimonies: http://30bananasadaysucks.com/
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Debunking misinformation by supplying facts isn't looking for a fight. Saying that fruit sugar is different from refined sugar is wrong. Source doesn't matter, total caloric intake matters. A diabetic can put themselves into a sugar coma just as fast with oranges as they can with M&M's, and if they read on here that fruit sugar is ok, and they don't know any better, that could have disastrous results.

Obvi, a diabetic will be working with a doctor and a nutritionist to figure out what is safe to eat. They aren't just given a diagnosis and shoved out the door.

And, sugar in fruit is different than sugar in a candy bar.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/sugar-problem/refined-sugar-the-sweetest-poison-of-all
  • seamadden
    seamadden Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    of course too much fruit can hinder weight loss, too much of any food can
    that's what too much means
  • tigersword
    Options

Obvi, a diabetic will be working with a doctor and a nutritionist to figure out what is safe to eat. They aren't just given a diagnosis and shoved out the door.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/sugar-problem/refined-sugar-the-sweetest-poison-of-all
    tigerpalm.jpg

Sugar in fruit = glucose, sucrose, and fructose. Sugar in a candy bar = glucose, sucrose, and fructose. THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

nope.
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Personally I love fruit and I am not going to stop eating it.