Please guys don't try to pick up woman at Walmart (:

Options
167891012»

Replies

• ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    So exactly how IS a man supposed to strike up a conversation with a woman, without her running to 'teh interwebz' to creep shame him for essentially saying nothing more threatening than hi?

Anytime. I think it's unfair of the OP to be upset that she was hit on when she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. How was he supposed to know she was not single? He seemed polite, and was striking up a conversation about something that was obviously a common interest. I never get upset when a man (or woman, for that matter) hits on me. It should be seen as flattering that someone is showing interest in you. However it is upsetting when I politely say I am not interested and some will keep pushing, "Oh, you have a boyfriend? Where is he now?" Yes, I have a boyfriend, but I shouldn't have to have one to not be interested.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty friendly to all genders ages marital status. I'm glad 5 hat I'm not a guy who would be called creepy.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    wait why haven't I been hit on at walmart

walmart thinks im ugly & fat I know it
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I pick up all my women at Wal-Mart. They're cheaper there.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great response.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    confused? Said u werent wearing your wedding ring due to yard work but yet your profile says u are divorced?????????????
    This thread was started 2 years ago.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    You can't fault a guy for trying.... especially since the OP did not have a wedding ring on and I am assuming did not have said 2 year old in tow. The guy took a risk, and it didn't pay off. I give that guy props for trying though.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    But where else am I going to pick up women? =(
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I dont find it flattering to be hit on by women :(

My favorite "hit on" moment ever came from a woman at a bar, when she winked and smiled at me from across the room. She opened the door to see if there was interest but no aggression or pressure at all.

Until people walk around with "interested" or "not interested" signs, it's unrealistic to assume you'll never get approached out in public. As long as it's not done creepily or rudely, what's the harm? Attraction is a normal human experience. It's not creepy to see if it's reciprocated.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    So exactly how IS a man supposed to strike up a conversation with a woman, without her running to 'teh interwebz' to creep shame him for essentially saying nothing more threatening than hi?

Anytime. I think it's unfair of the OP to be upset that she was hit on when she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. How was he supposed to know she was not single? He seemed polite, and was striking up a conversation about something that was obviously a common interest. I never get upset when a man (or woman, for that matter) hits on me. It should be seen as flattering that someone is showing interest in you. However it is upsetting when I politely say I am not interested and some will keep pushing, "Oh, you have a boyfriend? Where is he now?" Yes, I have a boyfriend, but I shouldn't have to have one to not be interested.

I dont find it flattering to be hit on by women :(

Really? I find it more flattering to be hit on by women. They're usually better at it too.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I love it!

And for single moms, this is a great way to weed out the dirt bags who aren't "into kids". :wink:

Unless he's some kind of cuckold, why would a man want to date a woman who has kids?

A woman has a kid with some stud and then expects some other loser male to take care of it? You have got to be kidding!
    Er...because she's a great lady?

Assuming I *were* still in the dating pool, a kid or two isn't gonna scare me off unless they have a 666 tattoo lurking below the hairline (reference to movie "THE OMEN" for you youngsters..)

I'd say "Marry me!" but for 2 things: (1) Apparently you're taken because you're not in the dating pool anymore and (2) I would have to have my 666 birthmark lasered off and that will NEVER happen! :laugh:

Gecwafh.png?1
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    But where else am I going to pick up women? =(

I hear women prisoners need pen pals! :happy:
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Apparently many successful relationships start with people meeting at Supermarkets - gotta meet somewhere and it's possibly better than a pick up in a pub! :D Mind you - Walmart???
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It's wrong to pick up girls at Walmart because if I was looking for a date I'd be at a bar, or a club, or a concert. I would not be buying groceries. If some women like it, cool, but most are going to laugh and roll their eyes and 'I bet that's the kind of guy who asks out a hundred women a week with no discernible criteria. Stay away!'

What a ridiculous thing to say.

So if you see someone you like it's not a good idea to go and chat them up unless they're in the places you say? Lol!

What about single parents that might not have the opportunity to get to these places?

There is nothing wrong with the scenario that OP has described.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am not following...what exactly is wrong with picking up a woman at Wal-Mart?

This. Reading through a thread like this really discourages me from even trying to talk to people.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I think maybe just take it as a compliment :) it can be a little annoying to be hit on constantly but it's a lot better then never being hit on right?