Please guys don't try to pick up woman at Walmart (:

Options

Replies

• howcanthatbetakenalready
    Options
    I love it!

And for single moms, this is a great way to weed out the dirt bags who aren't "into kids". :wink:

So someone is a dirtbag because kids are a deal-breaker? I guess I'm a dirtbag...and suddenly teenage dirtbag pops in my head lol.

Seriously if you have kids you probably dont know how frustrating/annoying it can be to date someone with kids when you don't have any of your own

I have kids.

And I agree with you.

I won't date anyone without children.
    1. so they know what to expect from ME.
    2. I don't want any more children in the future. It would stink to get close with someone only to have this MAJOR issue to deal with.
    Options
    1. Read this topic.
    2. Don't be friendly to strangers
    3. Never date. Ever.
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    True event that just occurred.

I went to Walmart to pick up a few groceries, I was in the aisle with protein powders and such. I needed some more whey protein and had a container in one hand and was reading the label off some other muscle building powder in the other hand. A guy walks up next to me....(I did not have my wedding ring on because I had been doing yard work today and forgot to put it back on.)

Guy: "Hey, you lift?"
    Me: "Yeah, I lift."
    Guy: Hmm, sooo what do you lift?"
    Me: "I lift a 2 1/2 year old....what do you lift?"

That was it for him, scared him off....laughed my *kitten* off. Don't try to pick woman up in Walmart people...please! :laugh:
    Where is it ok to try to meet women. I lost my book on appropriate and inappropriate places to meet women. I know the gym is off limits.

Probably depends on the attractiveness of the guy
    Possibly. So, what are some approximate places for an ugly old fart like me to meet a woman?
    Options

I went to Walmart to pick up a few groceries, I was in the aisle with protein powders and such. I needed some more whey protein and had a container in one hand and was reading the label off some other muscle building powder in the other hand. A guy walks up next to me....(I did not have my wedding ring on because I had been doing yard work today and forgot to put it back on.)

That was it for him, scared him off....laughed my *kitten* off. Don't try to pick woman up in Walmart people...please! :laugh:
    Where is it ok to try to meet women. I lost my book on appropriate and inappropriate places to meet women. I know the gym is off limits.

Possibly. So, what are some approximate places for an ugly old fart like me to meet a woman?

I'm not sure. Does the dungeon in the basement count?

But seriously with some of the attitude in this thread why even bother?
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I wish someone would try to pick me up:(. Maybe I need to go to Walmart more often?
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    maybe i'm missing something but whats wrong with a guy showing interest here?

That's what I'm wondering too? Other than doing it in Walmart, what's the big deal? Guys got some confidence to walk up to an extremely attractive woman and start chatting her up. No kid with you...no ring on.....

Ya I don't get it either. For one if it went down just like it was told he may not even have been hitting on her.

And second, I doubt having a child is why he walked away. It was probably the attitude.

All of this. I would have walked away as well.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    maybe i'm missing something but whats wrong with a guy showing interest here?

That's what I'm wondering too? Other than doing it in Walmart, what's the big deal? Guys got some confidence to walk up to an extremely attractive woman and start chatting her up. No kid with you...no ring on.....

Ya I don't get it either. For one if it went down just like it was told he may not even have been hitting on her.

And second, I doubt having a child is why he walked away. It was probably the attitude.

All of this. I would have walked away as well.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Someone bumped up a thread from 2012
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options

There are cool women out there. Hey, look at it this way: If she is already showing bad personality qualities from the start and you walk away, no loss. A lot of that crap comes out after you have invested some time and money.
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    Someone bumped up a thread from 2012

Bwhahahaha! I need to start reading the dates and times more closely. Oh well.
    Options

There are cool women out there. Hey, look at it this way: If she is already showing bad personality qualities from the start and you walk away, no loss. A lot of that crap comes out after you have invested some time and money.

Ya good point.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Wish we had Walmart in Australia. Nothing wrong with someone flirting with you and in this case I think he was just trying to talk not pick you up and if he was so what? Take it as a compliment and say sorry I'm not interested.. and be polite about it. Poor man.

The person that said men that don't want other peoples kids are dirt bags.. wow just wow. I have sons and if they don't ever want kids or to take on some other womans kids does NOT ever make them a dirt bag. It just makes them not want to deal with your kids which is fair enough!
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love it!

And for single moms, this is a great way to weed out the dirt bags who aren't "into kids". :wink:
    Not everyone who doesn't want kids is a dirtbag, sweetie.

Thinking the same thing .... I know alot of good people who are "into kids"
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    1. Why the hell was a 2 year old thread like this bumped?

2. The OP is now divorced, so maybe she is now ok with being hit on at Walmart
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    So where he hell am I supposed to pick women?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

On here perhaps? Lots of others have.
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I pick up women at walmart all the time.

I usually warm up with some lighter ones and move on to the heavier ones for my working sets.
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options

A woman that would be interested in meeting in dungeon sounds cool to me. I'll try almost anything once.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I love it!

Not everyone who doesn't want kids is a dirtbag, sweetie.

Maybe she wants the dirt bags who ARE into kids. (sorry, but it was too easy, just say no to dirt bags both the pro- and anti-kid kind.)
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options

On here perhaps? Lots of others have.

Well hello there...