Over 200 Club (Open Group) Back to School Week 1

Options

Replies

• afergason
    afergason Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group as well. I'm doing okay (down almost 26 lbs since June) but I've a way to go!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hey everyone, I had to share!! Today I went to my 12 year old daughters volley ball game(they won) and a mom I haven't seen in a while came up to me and said "Oh my gosh every time I see you, you are getting smaller and smaller" Wow that made my day. I just thought I would share. Only problem is I went over on my cals. But I just found some new motivation.

Thanks girls for all the nice remarks. I am so glad we are all doing this together. I do not know who the biggest loser was on friday. But for sure we need to do that this week. I think maybe we should make our challenge for this week to STAY WITHIN OUR CALORIES.. I know it is rude to do all caps cause it seems like your yelling. I'm not yelling I am cheering very loudly.

afergason, congrats on the 26 pounds down, you are doing really great. Welcome to our group.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I just wanted to get us the link to checking our percentage of weight loss so we can get back to that this
    week.

http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I had to share!! Today I went to my 12 year old daughters volley ball game(they won) and a mom I haven't seen in a while came up to me and said "Oh my gosh every time I see you, you are getting smaller and smaller" Wow that made my day. I just thought I would share. Only problem is I went over on my cals. But I just found some new motivation.

Thanks girls for all the nice remarks. I am so glad we are all doing this together. I do not know who the biggest loser was on friday. But for sure we need to do that this week. I think maybe we should make our challenge for this week to STAY WITHIN OUR CALORIES.. I know it is rude to do all caps cause it seems like your yelling. I'm not yelling I am cheering very loudly.

afergason, congrats on the 26 pounds down, you are doing really great. Welcome to our group.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: That is so nice for you Momma2four! I can't wait until I get to a point where people are noticing ...
    STAY WITHIN OUR CALORIES is a great challenge for this week! , I'm struggling with it and so far haven't made it ... I feel like I'm not eating much because I'm still sick with the flu. But when I eat - I've been choosing high fat/high calorie 'comfort' foods ... so they all add up... I went over by 300 calories again yesterday, and I'm not getting any exercise in because of being sick ... but today is new day. I'm hopefull that by tomorrow morning I will feel well enough to get to my 6:45am step class ... but I'm not sure that I should push it that much yet.:sick:
  • trikstar
    Options
    I'm still around. Work's been hectic, so getting all my calories in has been tough, even with packing my lunch/snacks. I don't realize the day is gone and I'm not hungry... so it doesn't get eaten. :/

I probably will continue to be scarce till next week. So keep up the good work, gang!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    lstpaul, if you are sick I would go ahead and rest until you are well. You may stay sick longer without the rest. I hope you feel better
  • lstpaul
    Options
    lstpaul, if you are sick I would go ahead and rest until you are well. You may stay sick longer without the rest. I hope you feel better
    That's what my husband keeps telling me too ... but it is frustrating to get out of my good exercise routine! :grumble:
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have 1 1/2 to go to 50 pounds since May 18, 09. I want to get below 200 by the end of the year.I am now at 233 1/2. This is my goal, I amm going on vacation with husband and sister. So you know this may be hard. Wish me GOOD LUCK.

wow!! congratulations!! I can't wait till I get to the (almost) 50 lbs mark! and I'm sure you'll do just fine on vacation and remember all the hard work it took to get to 50 lbs down each time a bad food choice calls your name... or should I say screams you name.. (that's what naughty foods are doing to me right now!! lol)
  • trikstar
    Options
    I think this will be the first week I'm not happy with my weigh in. lol Oh well. At least I realized I was screwing up and stopped the pattern before I made it worse.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hey all, decided to join weight watchers, so I won't be around very much because I really want to focus on that. Thank you all so much for being here for me!!!:flowerforyou: I will try to check in every now and again, and wish you all the best of luck!!!!

Jamie
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Hey all, decided to join weight watchers, so I won't be around very much because I really want to focus on that. Thank you all so much for being here for me!!!:flowerforyou: I will try to check in every now and again, and wish you all the best of luck!!!!

Jamie
    Good luck to you ready2bff ... we are here if you need to chat!:flowerforyou:
  • trikstar
    Options
    Best of luck to you, ready2bff! Take care of yourself. :D
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good luck ready2bff, we hope you do check in with us periodically and let us know how it is going.

lstpaul, I hope you are feeling better.

trikstar, do not fret, you have accomplished so much. And WOW your results so far are wonderful.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay girls I am checking in a day early. My little world has gotten a bit hectic and I do not see myself checking in for the next few days. (It could happen though) My washer went out, I have doctor appt., perscriptions to pickup, kids to get, and a long weekend with my hubby. I thought I would weigh this morning and check in just in case I do not talk to you all for a few.

I lost 2.4 pounds. (the one I gained plus 1.4) Yay me I am so happy. that is .9% almost 1 percent. I am excited.

Hopefully, I will be here tomorrow but it is a wait and see game right now. People have me spread so thin as it is tomorrow! I do not know how I will make time. Have a wonderful weekend:smooched:
  • afergason
    Options
    When does everyone weigh in? I usually do it on Fridays and everything I've read says to do it in the am, but strangely enough I find that I weigh more in the am then I do in the early after a good workout.

Also, my name is Audrey. Nice to meet all you ladies.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Jamie

Totally understandable! Best of luck to you hun, may the pounds melt off.
  • trikstar
    Options
    Weigh in: 209.8 (Not my usual weigh in time, because I have to work the early shift today)

It's a loss, but not a big one. 0.4 lbs. My fault. I'll keep on trucking. :D

Good luck everyone!!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    trikstar: good for you! you thought you had a bad week, so any loss is great! Good job!

Momma2four: Great Job on your weight loss! Have a great long weekend!

Audrey: I think Fridays anytime is what we usually do for our check-in ... sometimes I don't make it until Saturday, or do it early on Thursday. No strict rules here!

My check-in:
    last week 239.8, this week 238.6 - down 1.2 for .5%.
    I'm very pleased with that since I have been sick all week and didn't do any exercising, AND I was going over on my calories every day with making bad 'comfort food' choices. I did stay within my calories yesterday! and I think I'm feeling better today, so hope to mow the lawn later for my first exercise of the week, and get back to step aerobics tomorrow ... yeah! I'm still pretty worn out and coughing off and on ... so will have to watch it. I'm just glad this week didn't set me back with my weight loss efforts.:smile:
  • afergason
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss ladies.

lstpaul: I hope you're feeling better soon.

Checking-in:

Currently 275, down 4lbs from last week, which I think is 3%. I'm in the 3rd week of the couch to 5k, which is going great.
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am in a group that does their weigh in's on Monday (to help keep us on track during the weekend), so I won't do it until then. I am tyring very hard not to be on the scale more than once a week. I don't want to start living for the scale rather than my health. Since this is my first week on the program, I feel like it could go either way. No real loss as i am figuring out what works for my body, OR a big 'first week drop'. Who knows? Guess I'll find out in a few days.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    malibootie: I think that is good advice to not let the scale have too much importance, and weighing only once a week is a good idea. I used to adhere to weighing once a week for that reason, but lately (since I've started seeing some progress on the scale) - I find myself weighing more often: 3-4 times a week... and it's actually been kind of motivating. Of course I have to work hard to not let a gain get me down because I know that our weight can fluctuate from day to day for a lot of reasons ... but if I have a loss - then it is really motivating to me to make sure I don't gain any back before my 'official weekly weigh-in' on Friday. It isn't a surprise to me that during the day I weigh least in the morning before I've eaten or drank anything ... but what is odd is that Thursday mornings I seem to weigh the most ... but then usually lose by Friday mornings. Our bodies can be weird! :wink: