Over 200 Club (Open Group) Back to School Week 1

Options

Replies

• jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

welcome to the newest gals here

awestfall - Awesome job on getting back on track!

Did OK on calories today, but Starbucks has there Pumpkin Spice Latte back...and I am really craving one. I had one yesterday, but they are like crack! LOL I am back on track, not as hardcore as when I first started, but I think I am at a level of commitment that I can maintain, and that is important. Looking forward to weigh-in this week, I will lose the pound I gained last week, and hopefully a few more!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

welcome to the newest gals here

awestfall - Awesome job on getting back on track!

Did OK on calories today, but Starbucks has there Pumpkin Spice Latte back...and I am really craving one. I had one yesterday, but they are like crack! LOL I am back on track, not as hardcore as when I first started, but I think I am at a level of commitment that I can maintain, and that is important. Looking forward to weigh-in this week, I will lose the pound I gained last week, and hopefully a few more!
    Thank you so much!!! I just had to get my groove back and its BACK!! I am down two pounds already.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'd really like to join this team!

I just really kicked up my new healthy habits 09/08/09 & joined MFP, so I'm 2.5 days in. I'm starting now at roughly 255 but I'm buying a digital scale this afternoon so that # will need to be updated with the new scale.

So far, I have a really motivated and positive attitude about my new lifestyle. The last time I changed my lifestyle for the healthier, I lost 50 pounds in 4 months and got stuck around 195. Then I got busy with school and work and I was so frustrated I wasn't seeing anymore weight loss and blah blah blah -- suffice it to say I fell off the wagon big time. That was 4 years ago. I think the reason I cracked so hard at that plateau was that I had zero support -- no one to relate to at all. So this time I know it will be different. :happy:

All that being said, my new year goal is to lose 30 pounds by 01/01/10!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Wow Andrea, that is so wonderful, I want to fit in an 18.

Jenn, so glad to see you we have missed you. You are almost to 60 pounds lost isn't that such a great feeling?

awestfall, I guess when you come back you go all out 2 hours is a lot of exercise.

lstpaul, still thinking about you and what you are going through right now.:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'd really like to join this team!

I just really kicked up my new healthy habits 09/08/09 & joined MFP, so I'm 2.5 days in. I'm starting now at roughly 255 but I'm buying a digital scale this afternoon so that # will need to be updated with the new scale.

So far, I have a really motivated and positive attitude about my new lifestyle. The last time I changed my lifestyle for the healthier, I lost 50 pounds in 4 months and got stuck around 195. Then I got busy with school and work and I was so frustrated I wasn't seeing anymore weight loss and blah blah blah -- suffice it to say I fell off the wagon big time. That was 4 years ago. I think the reason I cracked so hard at that plateau was that I had zero support -- no one to relate to at all. So this time I know it will be different. :happy:

All that being said, my new year goal is to lose 30 pounds by 01/01/10!

It is really nice to meet you. I know that you will find a lot of support here. We are on a mission and we can all do it together. I know you will meet your new year goal. My new year goal is to lose 35 pounds. We weigh in on Fridays, and we usually have challenges but we are slacking off this week so we are going to have to kick into gear for next week. We are always willing to give a listening ear on your good days as well as your bad. Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone, I am going to be gone for the remainder of today and Friday, my boyfriend planned a romantic getaway in Santa Cruz for our 4th year being together!!!!! I might go over on cals but you know what, I weighed in today since I am not going to be here tomorrow and guess what.......3 pounds.

1.26582 %
  • awestfall
    Options
    Wow Andrea, that is so wonderful, I want to fit in an 18.

Jenn, so glad to see you we have missed you. You are almost to 60 pounds lost isn't that such a great feeling?

awestfall, I guess when you come back you go all out 2 hours is a lot of exercise.

lstpaul, still thinking about you and what you are going through right now.:flowerforyou:
    Yep I hit an hour already today and I have another hour waiting for me this evening.I love how good I feel after running on my elliptical.I guess I had just forgotten how god it feels to exercise.Thanks for the reminders guys:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Ok everyone, I am going to be gone for the remainder of today and Friday, my boyfriend planned a romantic getaway in Santa Cruz for our 4th year being together!!!!! I might go over on cals but you know what, I weighed in today since I am not going to be here tomorrow and guess what.......3 pounds.

1.26582 %
    Great Job Keep it up girl!!
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    Welcome jlb123. I have found support to be a valuable part of weight-loss success. We are here to celebrate your victories, and to help get over any roadblocks.

andreasoulcastle - have fun on your little vaca! You have one sweet boyfriend to plan a getaway!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Awestfall wow!! Keep on hustling and the pounds are sure to melt off!! Hello and welcome to our family to all the new members, good job everyone I am looking forward to next weeks success!!
  • daisy0107
    Options
    I fell off the wagon and had my second baby and would love to have a support group that will keep me motivated. Is it too late for me to join? I have a really hard time watching what I eat, so any ideas? And what do we do?
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    :smile: daisy0107: It's never too late to join, welcome!

:flowerforyou: momma2four (& anyone else who thought of me during this tough time): Thanks for your prayers for my Aunt, keep them coming. The prognosis isn't good as the stroke was massive, she is in a coma and the doctor's are saying there is no chance at any meaningful recovery, and my mother had to make the difficult decision to remove the ventilator today. It seems fast to me, and I'm still praying for a miracle, but I know that whatever happens will be best for my Aunt. It's been a tough week though.

I've been going to my usual exercise classes at the Y ... they have been really good for me - since no one there knows that I'm upset - I can have conversations that aren't sad, and it helps to exercise and feel good about something.

I've been hit or miss on eating well and getting in my water. I go from having no appetite to eating junk. But I'm not going to be too hard on myself right now.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time watching what I eat, so any ideas? And what do we do?

I struggle with my food choices too. What has worked best for me is making a weekly (or at least daily) meal plan ... and having lots of good food choices in the house like fruits and nuts. My weaknesses are cheese and butter ... and I haven't yet been able to get a good handle on limiting them. Good luck! You can do it! :happy:
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    I hear ya on the cheese. I sometimes each cheese 3x in one day. It totally throws off my fat numbers for the day. I have switched to low fat cheese, and purchased a food scale so I am only eating a serving each time.

Food choices are hard for me too, what I try to do is if I am going to each something that isn't the best for me I each a serving and then move on. At this point in my journey eating a cookie, is better than the 5 I would have had before. Know what I mean? When I get closer to my goal I will have to be more strict, but for now I haven't really haven't cut many foods from my diet, just smaller portions/
  • chicynth
    chicynth Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the welcome and looking forward to seeing the lbs drop.

I actually have lost ONE pound this week...but I am elated. Yahoo!!

To everyone else doing well...keep it up.

I didn't know cheese could be my downfall. I absolutely love cheese. I eat it all the time. But when I use the Food log it doesn't show as being a bad choice.

I guess I'll have to change some of the foods I eat. Fortunately, I love all kinds of vegetables. I love fish. I make some great chicken dishes and the family loves them as well, that always makes it easier for me to cook.

I'm starting to get excited, especially with the holidays coming up. I believe we can all do this.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Weigh in for me is down another pound .So thats 4 pounds this week gone.I don't plan on gaining any weight back that I have lost this time like I did before I am keeping it off for good.All you ladies are doing so well and keep it up we can do this.
  • awestfall
    Options
    I hear ya on the cheese. I sometimes each cheese 3x in one day. It totally throws off my fat numbers for the day. I have switched to low fat cheese, and purchased a food scale so I am only eating a serving each time.

Food choices are hard for me too, what I try to do is if I am going to each something that isn't the best for me I each a serving and then move on. At this point in my journey eating a cookie, is better than the 5 I would have had before. Know what I mean? When I get closer to my goal I will have to be more strict, but for now I haven't really haven't cut many foods from my diet, just smaller portions/
    I am kind of doing the same thing you are just cutting my portion sizes until I can afford healthier foods for my family and I.We are on a tight budget and its sometimes very difficult to buy the foods that are really good for you but I am trying and thats all I can do.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    WOW awestfall, good come back

I am down a big fat 0 this week. I am not too upset because I know that it is water retention. Had a hay day with the sodium yesterday and day before that. :grumble: So I figure in a day or 2 I will actually see my weight loss

my percentage of weight loss, no surprise here is ..............................0%

Looking forward to seeing everyones success today.

Reminder: Here is our link to check our percentage of weight loss, I realize I will not be the biggest loser this week. But whoever is make sure you give us our challenge. (awestfall, looks to be the one to beat with 4 pounds lost this week)

http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Alright, I "officially" weighed in this morning with my new scale. 266.8 (yikes) is my official starting weight.

The good news, though, is that I weighed in on my old dial scale & it was showing I've lost about 2 pounds just since Tuesday. :happy:

I've been so good for 3.5 days! :laugh: Just need to do that about 99 more times and I should be where I want to be. :smokin:
  • afergason
    afergason Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today and I'm down 2 lbs.

I had to redo my goals and I felt confident for the first time to select something other than sedentary!