oh no! I ate to much today on my cheat day! ):

Options

Replies

• MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    shes basically still anorexic, and should be hospitalized.

I don't have the money for the hospital and I would be totally embarrassed and scared ):

Would you rather die? I went to the hospital because I was suicidal, and hunny, I could NOT be happier, about any decision in my life, then that one. I am alive because of it. And if you go to the hospital, you will be too.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    shes basically still anorexic, and should be hospitalized.

I don't have the money for the hospital and I would be totally embarrassed and scared ):

Please don't take this the wrong way, but SERIOUSLY!?!? what exactly where you looking for when you came to the forums with this issue?
  • Scalesareforthefishes
    Scalesareforthefishes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The bloating will go, don't worry. As you increase your calories, you might get a tiny bit bloated because your body isn't used to that much food at the moment, but it will go. Reducing your calories doesn't prevent bloating, what stops bloating in my experience is when your body gets used to a certain intake. So, and I promise you this, you can be eating at your maintanance level and soon you will not be at all bloated. I speak from experience :)

Like everyone's saying, 100 cals isn't enough and nor is 600. I think you need some professional advice, but for now, let me tell you - you can be eating so much more and it *is* safe to do so. Bloating is horrible, I know (I'm one of the few people who get that fat can be a feeling!) but it goes. Do your absolute best to put up with it and get used to some more food in your system.

And Lord, don't feel bad about what you ate today. It wasn't the healthiest, but it's over and done with.

Stay strong, and have faith that it IS safe to eat more than you are doing. It might take a while to get used to, but if you don't, during the time you could have taken to get used to it, you might make yourself more ill.

And do try to get help, hinny <3 I understand how hard it is - diagnosed EDNOS 3 years ago.

I've tried increasing and the bloating is very bad. I get scared that it's REAL weight though
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound too bad to me. But if you feel that it was a cheat day, then get back on the wagon and forget it. Tomorrow is another day!
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I hope this is just a troll, if not, you're very sick.
  • tregush
    tregush Posts: 8
    Options
    If this is not a joke, you need help or you are going to die.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    The bloating will go, don't worry. As you increase your calories, you might get a tiny bit bloated because your body isn't used to that much food at the moment, but it will go. Reducing your calories doesn't prevent bloating, what stops bloating in my experience is when your body gets used to a certain intake. So, and I promise you this, you can be eating at your maintanance level and soon you will not be at all bloated. I speak from experience :)

Like everyone's saying, 100 cals isn't enough and nor is 600. I think you need some professional advice, but for now, let me tell you - you can be eating so much more and it *is* safe to do so. Bloating is horrible, I know (I'm one of the few people who get that fat can be a feeling!) but it goes. Do your absolute best to put up with it and get used to some more food in your system.

And Lord, don't feel bad about what you ate today. It wasn't the healthiest, but it's over and done with.

Stay strong, and have faith that it IS safe to eat more than you are doing. It might take a while to get used to, but if you don't, during the time you could have taken to get used to it, you might make yourself more ill.

And do try to get help, hinny <3 I understand how hard it is - diagnosed EDNOS 3 years ago.

I've tried increasing and the bloating is very bad. I get scared that it's REAL weight though

This is why you need professional help. Its really hard to recover on your own. You have to deal with feelings you dont like and once you get over the hump you'll find out how bad you were treating your body beforehand. Now PLEASE, take this in the best way possible.... GO AWAY!!! You need to go talk to SOMEBODY and (honestly) just stop posting this attention seeking, triggering bull on the forums. It isn't helping ANYONE, including you. I'm sorry I just find it really stupid to post this on a public forum. If you want, go find a group of people who are likeminded and can support you better, but for people like me in recovery this **** is extremely hard to hear
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

If you're struggling with anorexia, real weight is probably something you need right now. Keep eating your fruits and veggies at 500 cals per day, but add in some protein & healthy fats for another 600-700.

There are some real debbie downers on this thread, but there are others that are offering love and support by telling you to get help and/or check in at a hospital. Hospital take payments, you don't have to pay it all at once like a grocery bill.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

Check this or look for a similar free help for eating disorders if you can't afford a psychologist. Considering you're 19 and had some biology classes, if you're at a point where you don't know how many calories are too much and how many is too few, you're severely protein and glucose deprived.
  • czuniga03
    czuniga03 Posts: 99
    Options
    this must be a joke...

ding, ding, ding! we have a winner!
    A very sick joke at that..& if your not joking go see a professional first thing in the morning!
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    If this is actually real then there are plenty ways to get help. I live in Chicago and we have a county hospital as well as free mental health clinics. You can go to your states government website and find out how to get assistance there.
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options

It's not "real" weight. It just isn't :) Like I said, it's going to take some getting used to and you're going to have to do your best to be strong. I know it's very hard, and I think you do need to get some support from somewhere. The way I got healthier was to increase my calorie goal a little a week, however this might notbe right for you, which is why you need someone who knows what they're talking about and knows your situation better than anyone on here, that's really important.

You do not need to be scared of anything, ok? I'll give it to you straight - increase your calories, and yep - you're going to be a little uncomfortable. I get that you don't want to, I get why, and the whole bloating thing feels like insult to injury. But it is the right thing to do, and if you keep trying your best and stick with it, the sooner you'll start to feel better. I know from experience, and so do others on here (try looking up "eating disorder support" group on here).

Honestly, you can't keep on like this. It's a miserable existence for one, and you really will be so poorly soon. You know when people talk on here about how very low calorie diets damage your muscles? Well, it's true, and furthermore your heart is a muscle and you don't want to damage that.

Instead of feeling bad about what you've eaten today, or feeling bad about some of the frankly morally reprehensible things a few have said on here, my advice is this: if it's late where you are, get yourself a glass of water or preferably milk and head to bed with a good book. If it's not too late, google some stuff about eating disorders (I do NOT mean the proana websites, they won't help). Try to educate yourself on your condition, and also seek professional help. You don't need to be controlled by this. Tonight - YOU take control. Learn about it, start tonight by learning about the condition and how you can take steps to recover. Look up helplines for your country / county / state and give them a ring. Be proactive now.

And once again, you have nothing to fear at all. Keep in mind a large part of the anxiety you feel is partly due to your low bloody sugar and food-starved brain :)

Be strong and be proactive. It's ok and it's safe. xoxo
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    You might want to research some therapists near you. I know some of them do their costs on a sliding scale based on your income, and could charge as little as $5. As for the people telling her to enjoy dying, that's really not appropriate. She does need help and being negative isn't going to help her at all.

Yes, you might be embarrassed at first, but use that as motivation to do better and not have to go through it again. :flowerforyou:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're not really eating that much because I ate WAYY more than that & I'm still on my deficit. I don't know about you but to me I really don't give much a damn whether I ate a burger which is mostly homemade or ice cream/cake as long as it fits within my calorie goal.

I used to have ED when I was under drugs & diet pills that only made me ate like 150 cals a day & almost went to a point become anorexic sometime when I was a teenager (though it never happened because of my naturally muscular frame that I'm thankful for) & I know how hard really it is both physically & psychologically & even more embarrassing to consult a therapist because people here are very judgmental & think that having a therapist/psychiatrist means you're having mental health issues (at least here in the country where I live) but at the same time we know that we can't do this alone.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's not "real" weight. It just isn't :) Like I said, it's going to take some getting used to and you're going to have to do your best to be strong. I know it's very hard, and I think you do need to get some support from somewhere. The way I got healthier was to increase my calorie goal a little a week, however this might notbe right for you, which is why you need someone who knows what they're talking about and knows your situation better than anyone on here, that's really important.

You do not need to be scared of anything, ok? I'll give it to you straight - increase your calories, and yep - you're going to be a little uncomfortable. I get that you don't want to, I get why, and the whole bloating thing feels like insult to injury. But it is the right thing to do, and if you keep trying your best and stick with it, the sooner you'll start to feel better. I know from experience, and so do others on here (try looking up "eating disorder support" group on here).

Honestly, you can't keep on like this. It's a miserable existence for one, and you really will be so poorly soon. You know when people talk on here about how very low calorie diets damage your muscles? Well, it's true, and furthermore your heart is a muscle and you don't want to damage that.

Instead of feeling bad about what you've eaten today, or feeling bad about some of the frankly morally reprehensible things a few have said on here, my advice is this: if it's late where you are, get yourself a glass of water or preferably milk and head to bed with a good book. If it's not too late, google some stuff about eating disorders (I do NOT mean the proana websites, they won't help). Try to educate yourself on your condition, and also seek professional help. You don't need to be controlled by this. Tonight - YOU take control. Learn about it, start tonight by learning about the condition and how you can take steps to recover. Look up helplines for your country / county / state and give them a ring. Be proactive now.

And once again, you have nothing to fear at all. Keep in mind a large part of the anxiety you feel is partly due to your low bloody sugar and food-starved brain :)

Be strong and be proactive. It's ok and it's safe. xoxo

+100

The same applies to those who struggle with binge disorders *points to self*. You've got to get your mind settled and do what you know needs to be done. It takes courage, but with your current caloric intake you're choosing between life and death.
    Take courage. Choose life. It's kind of awesome.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    this must be a joke...

ding, ding, ding! we have a winner!
    A very sick joke at that..& if your not joking go see a professional first thing in the morning!

If it's not a joke, get help soon....If this is your idea of a joke, get help soon, cause you really need it!
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How can you eat 100 calories a day?? And what did you cheat with? What was processed? The yogurt??
  • SistaHope
    SistaHope Posts: 23
    Options
    Flush it all out with a ton of lemon water! You'll probably be feeling better by tomorrow after that. I don't have cheat days for this reason~ it totally messes me up mentally. I do better with using my calories in certain ways for special reasons (a dinner out with friends, etc) You're young so you should recover quickly enough.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

True, been there & done that. Just a year after I recovered, I became overweight then yo-yoed & then eventually obese because my metabolism was wrecked up from those years of eating very low calories. Not trying to scare you here but its the truth so you can take action while you still can.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options

This is why you need professional help. Its really hard to recover on your own. You have to deal with feelings you dont like and once you get over the hump you'll find out how bad you were treating your body beforehand. Now PLEASE, take this in the best way possible.... GO AWAY!!! You need to go talk to SOMEBODY and (honestly) just stop posting this attention seeking, triggering bull on the forums. It isn't helping ANYONE, including you. I'm sorry I just find it really stupid to post this on a public forum. If you want, go find a group of people who are likeminded and can support you better, but for people like me in recovery this **** is extremely hard to hear

I'll look into a hospital.
    I guess I do need help. I feel guilty for eating, guilty for not eating.
    Yeah, I can't do this alone.
    Thankyou!

( AND not thankyou to the a hole's that told me to enjoy dying because it's my life because you obviously have a stick up you're *kitten* and are lonely and fat (: )

i may be harsh, and yes, quite rude about it, but hey, you're getting help.... which is exactly what everyone told you from the beginning..

oh no you called me lonely and fat.
    brb crying in a corner.
This discussion has been closed.