Facebook Status Updates

Options
12346»

Replies

• marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I have to confess, On FB I bombard my friends with bible quotes...

Like: "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:27

I figure if I can read their garbage then they can read some of God's words, which is THE source of WISDOM.

i don't mind the bible quotes on my facebook news feed. i actually enjoy reading them from my friends! so uplifting when the rest of my feed is "life sucks!" and "nobody likes me!" and "drama drama blah blah blah". LOL
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I have to confess, On FB I bombard my friends with bible quotes...

Like: "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:27

I figure if I can read their garbage then they can read some of God's words, which is THE source of WISDOM.

ha-- I'll do this as well, along with some conservative political commentary to the ridiculous news stories of our times. I can almost hear the sound of liberal "friends" clicking to hide me.
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    I prefer my sermon at church thank you.
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I generally post Bible quotes such as "Deuteronomy 23:1 No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord".
  • Marla64
    Options

Isn't that great-- you can just "hide" it on your facebook feed.

America-- what a country.
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options

I am pretty sure you can hide people from your newsfeeds in other countries as well. Of course, not that simple when the annoying person is family.
  • Marla64
    Options

I am pretty sure you can hide people from your newsfeeds in other countries as well. Of course, not that simple with the annoying person is family.

:laugh: Definitely complicates things....
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have been slowly getting annoyed with one of my BEST FRIENDS.. secretly. Simply because 90-95% of per posts are about how awesome her husband is, he did this for her, that for her, bought her this, did this for her birthday, "somebody pinch me", "how did I get so lucky", etc. GOSH! We get it. Your life is perfect. Like today "I had the most perfect birthday. Some Highlights: when my husband walked me into the Coach outlet and let me pick something out and also told me to not get any skinnier. Somebody pinch me!" Gosh. I love her to death but it's slowly making me feel worse and worse about myself!

When we hang out I find myself thinking the same thing at times because they are constantly all over eachother. Perhaps I am a little jealous because I "secretly" wish my husband showed his affection a little more or was a little more romantic. But I love him anyways. Maybe it's a little jealousy.. but I am so sick of seeing people constantly brag.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of these stories but really when it comes down to it...it's just facebook. I was just talking to someone today about how political facebook is but really...who cares? People post what they want to post. If you dont like it, hide them. Is it a minor irritation? Sure. Is it going to affect you other than the time that you're spending on fb anyways? Nope! :smile: