Physical activity you don't log????

Options
12346»

Replies

• JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I don't log housework, normal walking (slow) and sex...ok, I logged sex only one time, I needed the extra calories.
  • ReginaMarie7
    ReginaMarie7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes...this is exactly how I am.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I log my Zumba, weights if I can figure out how to classify what I have done on my Kinect and a few times I have counted yard work because it was shoveling yards and yards of landscaping rock and digging trenches and holes for the watering system and plants. I logged those way under because I didn't want to give my self false confidence but I knew it was a real workout from the muscle strain and sweat. I earned the muscle (and sunburn) :P

Everything else is daily activity. Somedays my daily activity is much more exciting and cardio heavy than others, hehe :love:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't log any of it...I'd just be tempted to eat back the calories, which defeats the purpose.

Actually , that's not true. Unless you set up your goals manually w/ your TDEE info. Otherwise, the way MFP is set up is that if you don't exercise , you will still lose weight because it already gives you a deficit. If you exercise, you further increase that deficit

to a possibly unhealthy level. If you follow how MFP is set up, you're supposed to eat your exercise cals back. You need to fuel your body. Food is fuel.

[/quote

I simply don't buy into all of that. My body gets enough fuel. I could go a month without eating (that's how much "fuel" my body has). I can afford to miss a few meals. I eat when I'm hungry..and I stop eating when I'm satiated. My body is thriving and actually shedding weight at a slower pace this way...rather than gaining weight slowly by eating in excess. Working out, for me...is to condition my body..shrink it. It works for me. I don't feel the need to refeed just because I workout.

Then why are you even on this site if you don't agree with how it works?

Girl, Please!!!! I can join any site I doggone please. I don't have to agree with everything this site believes...or everything YOU believe.
    My ONLY concern is logging and tracking my foods. I'll do ME...and you do YOU!!

You don't have to agree with what I do...and I CERTAINLY don't have to agree to..or follow your beliefs. So..step off!!!!

Hm , I apologize if my asking a question politely about something you posted on a public forum got a rise out of you and made you feel as if I was pushing my "beliefs" on you. :huh:
  • emmajohns1983
    Options
    I've only been logging what I do to intentionally burn calories. I am a student nurse and have set my TDEE as such but on 14 hour shifts I walk miles everyday around the ward and my calorie goal is 1200 and I struggle to even eat that most days so I don't log any walking, lifting etc.

p.s. I have logged house work once but that was sweeping my whole carpet on my knees with a dustpan and brush and I actually turned it into a mini abs workout lol I ached then next day more than when I workout, go figure.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't log any of it...I'd just be tempted to eat back the calories, which defeats the purpose.

Actually , that's not true. Unless you set up your goals manually w/ your TDEE info. Otherwise, the way MFP is set up is that if you don't exercise , you will still lose weight because it already gives you a deficit. If you exercise, you further increase that deficit

to a possibly unhealthy level. If you follow how MFP is set up, you're supposed to eat your exercise cals back. You need to fuel your body. Food is fuel.

[/quote

I simply don't buy into all of that. My body gets enough fuel. I could go a month without eating (that's how much "fuel" my body has). I can afford to miss a few meals. I eat when I'm hungry..and I stop eating when I'm satiated. My body is thriving and actually shedding weight at a slower pace this way...rather than gaining weight slowly by eating in excess. Working out, for me...is to condition my body..shrink it. It works for me. I don't feel the need to refeed just because I workout.

Then why are you even on this site if you don't agree with how it works?

Girl, Please!!!! I can join any site I doggone please. I don't have to agree with everything this site believes...or everything YOU believe.
    My ONLY concern is logging and tracking my foods. I'll do ME...and you do YOU!!

You don't have to agree with what I do...and I CERTAINLY don't have to agree to..or follow your beliefs. So..step off!!!!

Hm , I apologize if my asking a question politely about something you posted on a public forum got a rise out of you and made you feel as if I was pushing my "beliefs" on you. :huh:

Damn....go do somethin!!! You're not burnin calories by stalking.....or are you? Better
    go eat back those calories!!! :noway:
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I only log my running. Not walking, stretching, yoga, cleaning, sex, shopping, etc. Just running.

Yep! I only log running, not walking, stretching, or boot camp.
  • gypsycoyote
    Options
    I log my morning yoga, my walks to the store, certain household duties - trash, vacuuming, scrubbing, mopping... Anything that gets me sweating, I log. There is a website that provides household activities, fitday.com - it is pretty awesome. I am currently listed under a moderately active lifestyle - exercise 3-5x weekly - but I still log everything I do that is sweaty work. HECK, I even log cooking sometimes, depending on what it is - dishes too, depending on the duration of time. Being a stay at home mom, I feel the need to track the majority of my calorie burns. It makes me feel good :) Just my opinion though :D
  • schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't log walking from my car to class and back even though it is about a 20 min walk. I figure it is a normal daily activity. And since I have my activity set to light, I don't count what I do at work, though it is a lot of physical stuff (walking, carrying, and such).
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    I don't log the one woman dance party I have in the morning while making my breakfast, or sex, or the 47 trips to the bathroom each day. I pretty much only log activity if I deem it to be enough of a work out to wear my HRM.
  • azziria
    azziria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I log exercise that I go out specifically to do, like running/swimming/cycling. I only log walking if I go out for a walk and walk fairly briskly, not just nipping to the local shops or walking around the office. And when I log the running/cycling/walking I always log them at the slowest rate to make sure that I don't assume that I've earned more calories back than I really have.
  • mjcorbs228
    mjcorbs228 Posts: 21
    Options
    The eight hour shifts I'm on my feet at work for. However, they're usually pretty lax and mostly just standing around because I work an evening shift in a coffee shop most of the time. However, when I'm scheduled for morning shifts, I plan to put those in the log... because those are crazy and I'm moving much faster than usual. I have a 6am-12pm scheduled for this week, and it's going to be crazy.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I only log whatever activity I'm doing while wearing my HRM and I only wear that to the gym, when I run or take my bike out.

Hmmm...logging standing? Uh, no.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    I log calories only if it increases my heart rate- walking 2mph is not a cardio for me.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I don't log: housework, shopping, driving, or generic walking. At work I'm on the 3rd floor. I walk a lot between departments and take the stairs but wouldn't log that.

The only walking I log is "purposeful walking" of at least 3mph, not slower... that's strolling.

I do log yoga and pilates. My yoga class isn't "omm, stretch and snooze" but Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and pretty full on. I log all other "proper" exercise like spinning, rowing, weight training etc and use my HRM for an accurate count.

The only exercise where I use the estimated database score is for swimming as my HRM isn't waterproof.