Bad hair cut! WARNING PICTURES!

Options

Replies

• aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I think you need to find a real stylist at a real salon going forward. I would have never paid for that.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    OMG i hope you cursed the lady out and got a free hair cut, this is why cutting my hair scares me :grumble: I've been there
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    What?! How could someone do that? Accidentally or on purpose...
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    That'd be awesome if you were going to an 80's metal concert.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    That'd be awesome if you were going to an 80's metal concert.

oooh! YES! Keep it and go see Tom Cruise try to recapture his youth on the big screen!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Oh you poor thing! Sounds like you were very gracious with her though. :ohwell: You won't have to take too much off though, you'll still have quite a bit of length. It still sucks though, since that wasn't what you wanted. Just make the best of it!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You wrote "WARNING PICTURES!" in your thread title, so I thought you meant there was a bad haircut and you were posting pictures of warnings for bad haircuts, like warning signs.

So I clicked on the thread. Because I'm always up for a good sign viewing. I had no idea what I was about to be subjected to. For nearly 30 minutes I was unable to perform my job because my eyes were watering. You should be more careful with your warnings.

I kid. I looked at your profile pics and you are attractive enough to survive a bad haircut. It's hair. You will be OK. I bet you will end up rocking short hair.
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's not terrible. I would avoid wearing it super straight. I got a haircut I didn't care for from another hairstylist once, and it was MUCH like that. You would think another stylist would ask me what I wanted specifically before hacking into my hair. My solution was to soften the layers myself (you'd want to go to another stylist for this, it's basically point cutting and blending) and then wearing it curled or pinned up or half up. Like big curls, which you can do with your flat iron.

It'll grow, at least you know that. You have a ton of hair and it's glorious. It'll be ok. At least you're the pretty girl who got a bad hair cut and um... not otherwise... :blushing:
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    yeah, what everyone else said.......... There's no way I'd have paid for that...

Question though, why do you even HAVE a "before" pic of the cut? Did you KNOW she'd f*** it up?.... :huh:

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    What the frick??? I would demand my money back.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a straight male and don't understand women's haircuts. I can tell it's a bit long, though. Have you considered a buzz cut?

:laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I FEEL your pain!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    A bad hair cut can just about wreck your life until it grows back.
    I had this happen and it took AGES for mine to regrow!!
    Men just don't understand....(ops...sorry for the generalization!!) :ohwell:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thick hair is incredibly and deceptively hard to cut correctly. I was a stylist for 8 yrs. and about twice a year I end up driving across 3 states to fix what people have done to my poor mother.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    A. They should fix it for you. (FOR FREE!)
    B. If you paid any money, it should be refunded immediately.
    C. I pray to God you didn't tip!
  • wabisabi
    wabisabi Posts: 6
    Options
    OMG what on earth was she thinking???!!!?? I am so sorry that happened to you!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i would go in there get my damn money back and take my business else where, fix it up for free or **** it up even more for free? eff that noise, go somewhere else! frig, id be flippin! good luck girl, keep us posted on wht u decide to do! that **** cray!
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thick hair is incredibly and deceptively hard to cut correctly. I was a stylist for 8 yrs. and about twice a year I end up driving across 3 states to fix what people have done to my poor mother.

And that's why every thick curly haired girl will tell you - sometimes you treat your stylist better than you treat your spouse or SO. They hold so much power!! And if you find a good one you find a way to hold on tight! (That's why I tip like a boss when I go to my girl! She HATES having to do my hair, but she does it spectacularly and I tip her for the extra arm workout she just had to do. :) Though I told her last time she should be paying me in lieu of a gym membership...)
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Omigod, did she use hedge clippers?? You poor thing! There's nothing worse than when a stylist effs up your hair. I'm not confrontational at ALL so I can never tell them I don't like it... I just go home and cry a little, and get it cut again somewhere else if it's bad enough.

I hope you are braver than me and go back in there!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    have some one REALLY GOOD even out the bottom and go a little darker with some strategically placed highlights that are about 2 tones lighter than the base and it will make everything blend together and give the appearance of longer hair.

EDIT- DONT GO BACK THERE TO FIX IT!!! its not worth it. just demand your money back and go elsewhere.
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It's not the end of the world! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:smile: Sure, she could have done a much better job (don't you ever go back there!!), but think of this as an opportunity to try a different hairstyle! You may find that you love it!

Edit: I got a horrid haircut a few years ago. In no time my hair grew back and I now know which salon to stay away from! :tongue: