Calling All REAL animal lovers!!!

Options

Replies

• Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Which didnt happen without an open mind, and free thinking, and not "believing" that something may not be possible. Keep diggin. A scientist didnt sit there and go "Yep, boats are not possible. I know for a fact something so big cannot float. I have seen rocks sink"

This is rather comical.

I have beliefs about many different things, doesnt mean I am close minded about boats and the way the world works. I don't believe science is the answer to everything in the world, just religion as science has facts about the big bang ect and until proven otherwise I am atheist. It doesnt matter to me how anyone else feels about my opinions as they are solely mine.

Big bang is just as much a myth as religion. Your arguments are still crap. If it doesnt matter, then stop posting. Clueless science person is still clueless

To open your mind you must close your mind to religion, I'll always be closed minded to religion because all religion does is put a mythical answer to an unknown question, its just an easy solution even if its the wrong solution. Once you close your mind to religion then you can open your mind to search for the real answers. That is true open mindness.

i think the only real open-mindedness is to be agnostic. so you can't fully close off religion, because we don't know if it is a fact or not, we just know that it may or may not be.

There is nothing that points to God existing, so him even being in the equation is absurd, just because there is something that we may not know or understand doesn't mean it can just be labeled as God, then you'll never have to understand. If that is how we always did things then there would be much we would not know since there wouldn't be a reason for it since a person could just explain it as "it was God". Many medicines we would not have, we would still think the world is flat, we would not understand the theory of gravity. You can go on and on.

Edit: correct spelling
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

Which didnt happen without an open mind, and free thinking, and not "believing" that something may not be possible. Keep diggin. A scientist didnt sit there and go "Yep, boats are not possible. I know for a fact something so big cannot float. I have seen rocks sink"

This is rather comical.

I have beliefs about many different things, doesnt mean I am close minded about boats and the way the world works. I don't believe science is the answer to everything in the world, just religion as science has facts about the big bang ect and until proven otherwise I am atheist. It doesnt matter to me how anyone else feels about my opinions as they are solely mine.

Big bang is just as much a myth as religion. Your arguments are still crap. If it doesnt matter, then stop posting. Clueless science person is still clueless

To open your mind you must close your mind to religion, I'll always be closed minded to religion because all religion does is put a mythical answer to an unknown question, its just an easy solution even if its the wrong solution. Once you close your mind to religion then you can open your mind to search for the real answers. That is true open mindness.

i think the only real open-mindedness is to be agnostic. so you can't fully close off religion, because we don't know if it is a fact or not, we just know that it may or may not be.

How is that open mind when you are already stating a mythical answer to questions? You're giving an answer to something you don't even know.

i'm not. i'm staying my opinion of what being open minded means. it is the exact reason i am agnostic. i could be off base, but sometimes i just need to make a decision and take a stance. agnosticism is open minded!
  • foxyforce
    Options

This is rather comical.

There is nothing that points to God existing, so him even being in the equation is absurd, just because there is something that we may not know or understand doesn't mean it can just be labeled as God, then you'll never have to understand. If that is how we always did things then there would be much we would not know since there wouldn't be a reason for it since a person could just explain it as "it was God". Many medicines we would not have, we would still think the world is flat, we would not understand the theory of gravity. You can go on and on.

Edit: correct spelling

this can be broadened extremely for the sake of the argument

i am sure you had these discussions as a child as well

i personally HATE religion, and if there does end up being a god i am cool with humbling myself. i think we are too small in this infinite world to 'get it', but science also knows that new answers are constantly discovered. new science is always refuting old science. just go with the flow
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

This is rather comical.

True open mindness is to close your mind to religion...? Next you're going to say you want to F*** to be a virgin again.
    You do realize that religion is the reason for many scientific inventions? In many ways, religion has opened door to science. I have no idea why people make religion to be the enemy of science. Before these hippies and high-schoolers calling themselves scientists, religion and science worked together
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    Are you kidding me I'm a true animal lover!!! There so tasty I love Deer,Pig,Cow!!! now who doesn't love cow's???, fish and theres alot fo them!!, Chicken, turkey,duck,pheasant, dove, quails...list just goes on and on...

Now as far as everyone here that started the whole religion disscusion hate to break to you but there is a GOD. and one day you shall see...
  • foxyforce
    Options
    Are you kidding me I'm a true animal lover!!! There so tasty I love Deer,Pig,Cow!!! now who doesn't love cow's???, fish and theres alot fo them!!, Chicken, turkey,duck,pheasant, dove, quails...list just goes on and on...

Now as far as everyone here that started the whole religion disscusion hate to break to you but there is a GOD. and one day you shall see...

a god? or one in specific? ;)

who is to say that allah is anymore important than buddha
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Totally with you :flowerforyou:

I can't even be bothered to read all these negative comments :yawn:

I love animals and I know my views and that's all I need to know!
  • foxyforce
    Options

• jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options

a god? or one in specific? ;)

who is to say that allah is anymore important than buddha

Well for me Its GOD, for who ever else you can have who you want.. in the end the turth will come...
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    To OP humans are superior to animals

Gen 1:28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. RULE OVER the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

2 Timothy 2:12- A woman will not usurp power over a man, She will remain silent.......
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    hmm I understand your frustration. I love animals. I also understand the food chain and eat animals. I hate it when people go out of their way to harm animals. I definitely appreciate animals, but I think you're being a little over dramatic. I'm not sure to what extent animals are capable of thought, but I'm certain that if they could think like us that there would be animals that think they are superior to other animals. I feel like a lion would be arrogant, and think they were superior to nearly all animals.

Totally understand your frustration, but I certainly wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I'm a little surprised that this thread hasn't been shut down.

Bringing religion into a subject is never a safe idea.
  • Rhea30
    Options

This is rather comical.

True open mindness is to close your mind to religion...? Next you're going to say you want to F*** to be a virgin again.
    You do realize that religion is the reason for many scientific inventions? In many ways, religion has opened door to science. I have no idea why people make religion to be the enemy of science. Before these hippies and high-schoolers calling themselves scientists, religion and science worked together

Read some history. Religion has never been a friend to science.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

This.
  • elaineanne1
    elaineanne1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do not eat meat as I believe most animals are not treated kindly and they put so many drugs and chemicals into them it cannot be good for us, I am not against eating meat so long as they are bred organically. I always buy free range eggs as it is disgusting how the chickens are forced to live.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I think you might have to look into the history a bit more yourself.

Ancient Egypt: Most of the scientific inventions were made due to religion. Religion funded, helped and encouraged scientific inventions

Rome: Religion again encouraged many infrastructures

Yale and Harvard were both Bible schools
    Oxford and cambridge also the same thing

Monasteries, churches, and other religious schools have helped medical science via herbal medicine in the old ages

While religion has also stopped science (primarily Catholic church), please don't discount what religion has done for the scientific community and what the scientific community have done for religion.

Religion gave us hospitals, science gave us medicine. One couldn't have survived without the other and in many times throughout the history, they were both the same.

Once again, folks like you need to realize that true science exists in learning about EVERY possibility, includingthe possibility of a higher power. If you just plainly want to reject the notion of something like that, thats your choice, but don't try to spread lies defending your POV
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Ancient Egypt: Most of the scientific inventions were made due to religion. Religion funded, helped and encouraged scientific inventions

Monasteries, churches, and other religious schools have helped medical science via herbal medicine in the old ages

While religion has also stopped science (primarily Catholic church), please don't discount what religion has done for the scientific community and what the scientific community have done for religion.

Religion gave us hospitals, science gave us medicine. One couldn't have survived without the other and in many times throughout the history, they were both the same.

Once again, folks like you need to realize that true science exists in learning about EVERY possibility, includingthe possibility of a higher power. If you just plainly want to reject the notion of something like that, thats your choice, but don't try to spread lies defending your POV

Shoosh....dont pop their close minded, non scientific bubbles.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    3-11.jpg

YOU ARE MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Rhea30
    Options

You don't need religion for hospitals, etc. Religion was already incorporated in lives but this does not mean it has helped science, it just means it was doing what it has always done, control and mingle in lives. You can have schools without religion, religion did not give this to us. You can have hospitals without religion, again religion did not give this to us. Don't mix up religion control as a way of 'giving'.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTx-iPljhq5BUYG0Nev8HsNiZaTRHF_si85WDZWMJGBiya2uTfwkhf01FyFw
This discussion has been closed.