Thoughts on Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The stuff is made out of processed chemicals from a lab. Regardless of how you look at it, that stuff can't be good for you. I don't touch the stuff. (I'm not a big fan of soda anyway).
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It would be ideal to get rid of soda completely . . . but if you HAVE to have it . . . Drink Zevia instead: http://www.zevia.com/

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • mfoutch86
    mfoutch86 Posts: 87
    Options
    Diet Coke makes me happy. I love it, and drink it daily. I'm not concerned with all the "bad" info about, everbody has their vice, and that is mine. I eat pretty healthy, and workout 6 days week, I don't smoke or drink, but diet coke is here to stay. If I wasn't getting enough water I could see cutting back ,but no problems there! I can't choke down a glass of juice, so my only drinks are coffee,water and diet coke!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    That stuff is not good for you. It's pretty much like drinking liquid chemicals - not good for your body! There are 'soda' like drinks that are made from all natural sweetener, like zevia. You should look into those :)
    Everything you drink is a chemical (from a scientific standpoint). Now dependent on how your body reacts to it is how you gauge if it's good for you or not.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Seriously, why would you, as a health and fitness professional, advocate processed drinks?
    You should be encouraging people to strive for an ideal - not some chemical laced soda.
    I advocate "healthy living". Drinking a diet soda a day isn't going to lead to an unhealthy life. Part of a healthy lifestyle is ENJOYING it and since consumption of food and drink is part of that, enjoying what you like is part of a healthy lifestyle as long as it's not over consumed.

IDEA Fitness member

Otherwise you'll just go off the rails..you've gotta have some moderation but telling someone to cut something out for life?

Remember, lifestyle change..not a diet.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I only have it with rum. Yumyum

Co-signed.

Woohoo my new drinking partner, get ready for shenanigans!
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    before i started all this, most of my calories were from Mello Yello. i could never bring myself to drink diet drinks, bsides diet dr pepper since the taste is better. i could not/ would not continue my diet without diet drinks now, i would crumble from lack of sweet drinks (fruit juice has retarded calories in them). i drink 2-3 a day, but i drink coffee in the AM, and sometimes after lunch, so that cut down a great deal on my soda habit.

if it makes you feel good, drink it. if you're still losing weight, keep doing what you're doing. if you feel guilty, then stop.

diet cherry pepsi is my BFF. i switch it up with diet dr pepper, diet mnt dew, and diet sunkist. gotta get the caffiene in somehow!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    The stuff is made out of processed chemicals from a lab. Regardless of how you look at it, that stuff can't be good for you. I don't touch the stuff. (I'm not a big fan of soda anyway).
    So is medicine. Nature doesn't cure everything.

IDEA Fitness member
  • tcupero
    tcupero Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It would be ideal to get rid of soda completely . . . but if you HAVE to have it . . . Drink Zevia instead: http://www.zevia.com/

Best wishes :flowerforyou:

I love Zevia! Blue Sky is a good alternative too, but it doesn't have caffeine.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Aspartame isn't natural. I read that it is somehow related to formeldahyde. If you want the Coke just drink the Coke. At least your body knows how to deal with sugar. Sugar is natural. Aspartame is not.

PS I stay away from drinking my calories in general. Your body doesn't register it as food so you're still hungry. The only thing I drink is water.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    The only correct answer is Diet Dr Pepper
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    So is medicine. Nature doesn't cure everything.

IDEA Fitness member

There are no benefits to drinking diet soda. And the fact that is has zero calories does not impress me when it is followed with a crap load of chemicals.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    That stuff is not good for you. It's pretty much like drinking liquid chemicals - not good for your body! There are 'soda' like drinks that are made from all natural sweetener, like zevia. You should look into those :)
    Everything you drink is a chemical (from a scientific standpoint). Now dependent on how your body reacts to it is how you gauge if it's good for you or not.

IDEA Fitness member
    Seriously, why would you, as a health and fitness professional, advocate processed drinks?
    You should be encouraging people to strive for an ideal - not some chemical laced soda.
    I advocate "healthy living". Drinking a diet soda a day isn't going to lead to an unhealthy life. Part of a healthy lifestyle is ENJOYING it and since consumption of food and drink is part of that, enjoying what you like is part of a healthy lifestyle as long as it's not over consumed.

IDEA Fitness member
    I count on you to inject reason, and you never disappoint. KEEP PUNCHING!
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    A Sugar is natural. Aspartame is not.

Your body can't tell natural sugar from artificial sugar, to it, sugar is sugar.
    PS I stay away from drinking my calories in general. Your body doesn't register it as food so you're still hungry. The only thing I drink is water.
    ^^^yes!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I love these drink it vs. don't drink it topics..... Cracks me up... I stand in the camp that until you show me hard evidence in peer reviewed studies then I will continue to drink my 2-3 bottles of Diet Pepsi a day.. I get in over 120 oz. of water a day on top of that and I can tell you after dropping 310 pounds, the health problems a faced from being severely morbidly obese were far greater than a couple bottles of pop a day... If you don't think its good for you then fine don't drink it and for us that fall the other way, then we will keep on keeping on.....
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I only have it with rum. Yumyum

Co-signed.

Woohoo my new drinking partner, get ready for shenanigans!

I'm gonna friend you, because you are awesome!!
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas with aspertame make me hungrier. And I get godawful stomach acid/heartburn which in turn makes me...eat.

Diet sodas with Splenda make me sick to my stomach almost immediately. Any food with Splenda does that to me.

I do drink a Fresca maybe once or twice a week. I use real sugar in my coffee. I found if I drink it iced, I don't need sugar at all.
  • Billie09
    Billie09 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Never touch the stuff it is osteoporosis in a can. I kicked the habit and almost immediately my sugar cravings stopped and I dropped 10lb in the first two weeks.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    At what dosage is this poisonous or toxic and at what dosage does it cause problems?

Go ahead, I'll wait.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I prefer Diet Mountain Dew but will drink Diet Coke if that's all the diet available. Diet Dr. Pepper is also good in fountain form. In the cans or bottles it's too bubbly.
  • JLCampbellHitchcock
    JLCampbellHitchcock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's not part of eating clean - basically a chemical cocktail. Better to do a nice herb tea or of you want fizz do a carbonated water.