Do you like to dine at Breastaurants?

Options

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Ive only been to hooters once..i dont like their wings are the waitresses are snotty....but i have heard of a bikini or topless hair salon... thatd be hot
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'll never support Hooters or any other establishments like it. I don't like giving my money to places when their hiring criteria is based on a girl's measurements as opposed to her skills. :/
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    My son-in-law was all excited that we had a Tilted Kilt open near me, but he's 4 hours away. He's jealous that I could go anytime I wanted and he can't.
    Just to mess with him I'll text him and tell him I'm there, or had just been there.
    One time I stopped inside to buy him a t-shirt. Between the hostess and I guess two servers I saw a total of 3 girls, and I would swear non of them looked like they were over 15, and wearing extremely short hiphugging skirts with their white schoolgirl blouses tied in a knot under their non-existent boobs. Totally made me feel like I was perving just walking in to the place and images of sex slavery and thoughts of Barely Legal came to mind. Ewwww....
    I don't think I'd go back. I'd feel more comfortable around real women in their 30's - 40's etc.

So to answer the original post, no, I'm not a patron or a fan of the 'breastaurant' concept.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    In addition to Hooters, there is Twin Peaks and the Tilted Kilt. The outfits are best at the Tilted Kilt. Hooters freaks me out with the tights, 1980s high socks and sneakers (unless they've changed since I've been). I've never been to Twin Peaks but it's across the street from my office and I saw some ladies walking to work in their uniforms (I'd wear normal clothes and change when I got there but I also don't work there). They had big winter furry boots on with short shorts which I have to object to.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Sure! We call that eating in, though...

Haha
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Tilted Kilt for the win. I am pretty sure they have food lol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'll never support Hooters or any other establishments like it. I don't like giving my money to places when their hiring criteria is based on a girl's measurements as opposed to her skills. :/
    You make use of what you have.

No such thing to my knowledge here in the UK, and wouldn't interest me if there were.
  • Erisad
    Options

No such thing to my knowledge here in the UK, and wouldn't interest me if there were.

I would prefer that society would encourage girls to develop skills and personalities of their own instead of using their bodies to get what they want. I would argue that breastaurants are a form of prostitution. People tip based on your tits and *kitten*, not your service.
  • ironanimal
    Options

I would prefer that society would encourage girls to develop skills and personalities of their own instead of using their bodies to get what they want. I would argue that breastaurants are a form of prostitution. People tip based on your tits and *kitten*, not your service.
    I would prefer a society that didn't judge people based on how they choose to make a living. The implication that women with good bodies don't have personalities or skills is a little disturbing.
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options

I don't think your comment on tipping is accurate at all.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I would prefer a society that didn't judge people based on how they choose to make a living. The implication that women with good bodies don't have personalities or skills is a little disturbing.
    Agreed!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old son wants to go to Hooters (I thank his father for telling him about it ). There isn't one close by, so too bad so sad for him :laugh: :laugh:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The local Hooters here closed a couple years ago. I dont think its missed.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I have and would go, but not for the breasts.

My wife likes the wings at hooters, and i find them offensive to any decent hot wing. They are putting a Tilted Kilt in around here, and we will probably try it, but if I am going out to eat - it's about the food.

As a side note - I really wish society would stop creating words by mashing 2 words togethe.
  • Erisad
    Options

I'm just saying that it's not something for girls to aspire to. And if the restaurant had good food, they wouldn't need to exploit their waitresses (some of them still in high school) to get customers to come in. :/

I don't think your comment on tipping is accurate at all.

Really? Because if people really wanted good food, they'd go elsewhere where they respect their employees enough to give them a full outfit to wear. I wonder how many sexual harassment lawsuits Hooters has accumulated over the years? Or maybe they make them sign a waiver that they aren't allowed to file complaints about it since they chose to work there. I just don't understand it. :/
  • ironanimal
    Options

I'm just saying that it's not something for girls to aspire to. And if the restaurant had good food, they wouldn't need to exploit their waitresses (some of them still in high school) to get customers to come in. :/
    It's not something to apsire to, no, which is why, as you so astutely pointed out, a lot of the people working in such establishments are studying.
    Nobody is being exploited. They chose to work there. I'm sure they could get work in McDonalds and that would make you much happier, but there is also such a thing as 'fun' and some people choose to visit and work at such a place to experience higher levels of this strange phenomenon.
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    Hubby and I go to Hooters quite a bit, but strictly for the wings. The chicks are all flatter than the tables we sit at and nothing to look at.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I've only heard of and been to Hooters. It's fun place to hang out for a big game or something. Their wings are ok, but the other foods are less than spectacular. Definitely not a place to go for good foods.
  • Erisad
    Options

It's not something to apsire to, no, which is why, as you so astutely pointed out, a lot of the people working in such establishments are studying.
    Nobody is being exploited. They chose to work there. I'm sure they could get work in McDonalds and that would make you much happier, but there is also such a thing as 'fun' and some people choose to visit and work at such a place to experience higher levels of this strange phenomenon.

Yeah, because getting checked out and getting harassed by customers sounds like a lot of fun. And you have to put up with it, otherwise it's bad customer service. I used to work at McDonald's and the Dollar Store and I was harassed by customers enough even when I was completely covered up (to the point of one stalking me and smelling my neck, ugh!) so I can't imagine how bad it would be at Hooter's. I work in a warehouse so I don't have to deal with the general pubic and I love it. ^.^
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I went to Hooter's once, and I wasn't impressed by the food or the servers. The servers tried to convince me to buy more food or a dessert by showing massive amounts of cleavage and flirting with me, but I was indifferent.