Do you like to dine at Breastaurants?

Options

Replies

• beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    never been, have no desire. If I wanted to look at boobs I could just look at the mirror, and then I could make myself a delicious meal that wasn't disgusting lol

How do you know it's disgusting if you've never been?...
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Although we don't have any locally, I felt the need to jump in and roll my eyes at the feminists!

I know a couple of girls who work as shooter girls in the local bars (the scantily clad girls carrying the trays of shots around). Both do this job to pay for university, because the tips are amazing! One is in med school!! Don't be so judgmental, these girls aren't there for careers... It's a means to an end and they love their jobs. They make way more money then they would at McDonald's. Creeps are everywhere as you pointed out, the difference is the bouncers in the bars are very protective of the girls they work with and "bounce" the creeps instead of making fun of the girls for complaining. I support a woman's right to choose where she wants to work without other judgmental people belittling them for their lack of skills!
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    Although we don't have any locally, I felt the need to jump in and roll my eyes at the feminists!

I know a couple of girls who work as shooter girls in the local bars (the scantily clad girls carrying the trays of shots around). Both do this job to pay for university, because the tips are amazing! One is in med school!!

Excellent point. Don't sexually harrass the hooters or shooters girls. They may be performing your vasectomy someday! :devil:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Yeah, because an 18 year old girl wants to be stalked and harassed by a 50 year old man who can't take "no" for an answer. Luckily the manager's husband handled the situation and then I became "the girl who couldn't take a joke" just because I didn't giggle and play along like an idiot. Sure, that would have gotten me killed if I took him up on any of his invites. So yeah, and if the dollar store was that bad, I'd imagine Hooters would be a creep magnet. :/
    Not to say that any form of harassment should be accepted, but everyone has a difference tolerence level for what they consider it to be. Obviously working in a job that serves the public isn't for everyone, but doesn't mean that all waitresses in places like that consider themselves objectified or are mistreated all the time. Its definitely an 'eye of the beholder" issue...

If you're working in the food industry, you're being demeaned in one way or another. People look down on you for not getting a "real job" and if you're at Hooters people judge you for that AND your figure at the same time. It just seems like a hellish place to work for. If they can tolerate it, good for them. Although I'd have to get pretty desperate to work there, as my bf said he'd break up with me if I were to exploit my body for money and I'm sure Hooters would count in that basket too.

What does your reply have to do with the topic of tipping?

If I am going out to eat, I am going to tip the server based on their service. I don't care if the waitress has great boobs, if the service is bad she is not getting tipped well for it. And in my opinion, most tip based on service and not looks.

I was saying that if the people cared enough about service and good food to tip based on that, they wouldn't be going to a breastaurant. They'd go to a real restaurant. I guess that wasn't clear.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hooters you are going there for the scenery not the food. You go to places like this with your buddies to be loud and perhaps offensive.....Maybe watch the game and drink beer. I have been there several times and would prefer to see bare titties at the strip club where I can eat an over priced burger and fries for lunch plus get the attention and actually see all that I want.....
    My two cents :tongue:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If you're working in the food industry, you're being demeaned in one way or another. People look down on you for not getting a "real job" and if you're at Hooters people judge you for that AND your figure at the same time. It just seems like a hellish place to work for. If they can tolerate it, good for them. Although I'd have to get pretty desperate to work there, as my bf said he'd break up with me if I were to exploit my body for money and I'm sure Hooters would count in that basket too.
    Once again...a perfect example of your tolerence for working with the public being different than others. I wouldn't be a good waitress either...I was a bartender for a while and luckily, the 'buffer zone' of the bar saved a few idiots from being sucker punched, BUT...some women are perfectly satisfied and fulfilled by their entire career being a waitress, a bartender, a hairdresser, etc....things that some people will consider being demeaning or "not a real job".

I'm personally thankful that not everyone has the same standards of what they consider demeaning, because society needs people to fill jobs in all areas of life. If everyone wanted to be a professional businessperson and thought they were 'above' being a waitress, etc....we'd all be screwed! I have a lot of respect for people who work in the food industry and put up with people's crap...its nothing to look down at.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP, I wouldn't call it dining. Does Hooters still make them wear pantyhose? that alone is enough for me to lose my appetite. Does eating the buffet at a strip club count as "dining" at a breastaurant?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    yep, come for the food, stay for the pie......\m/
  • Erisad
    Options
    Once again...a perfect example of your tolerence for working with the public being different than others. I wouldn't be a good waitress either...I was a bartender for a while and luckily, the 'buffer zone' of the bar saved a few idiots from being sucker punched, BUT...some women are perfectly satisfied and fulfilled by their entire career being a waitress, a bartender, a hairdresser, etc....things that some people will consider being demeaning or "not a real job".

I'm personally thankful that not everyone has the same standards of what they consider demeaning, because society needs people to fill jobs in all areas of life. If everyone wanted to be a professional businessperson and thought they were 'above' being a waitress, etc....we'd all be screwed! I have a lot of respect for people who work in the food industry and put up with people's crap...its nothing to look down at.

I know it isn't. I've worked the food, retail and customer service (over the phone, yaay) industry and I hated it. Being in a warehouse isn't too much better but at least I make more and don't have to put on a smiley happy face for people even if they're rude. Even if I'm sore as hell after working 10 hour days. *sigh* >.<
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    I was saying that if the people cared enough about service and good food to tip based on that, they wouldn't be going to a breastaurant. They'd go to a real restaurant. I guess that wasn't clear.

No, it wasn't even close to being clear. And I disagree with this statement as well.

As you could tell by some of the posts in the thread, some people love Hooters food. It is a pretty bad assumption that just because the uniforms are tiny that the food is bad.

And if a guy is going to tip just on looks, he is going to skip the breastaurant and go straight to a strip club.
  • Erisad
    Options

No, it wasn't even close to being clear. And I disagree with this statement as well.

As you could tell by some of the posts in the thread, some people love Hooters food. It is a pretty bad assumption that just because the uniforms are tiny that the food is bad.

And if a guy is going to tip just on looks, he is going to skip the breastaurant and go straight to a strip club.

Hooters = cheaper than a strip club. Sooo in this bad economy the guys will probably go to Hooters and places like it to save some money and see some tits.

If you have great food, you don't need a gimmick. Breastaurants use tiny outfits and pretty girls as a gimmick to get attention, just like most commercials on TV.
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    I agree with the OP, I wouldn't call it dining. Does Hooters still make them wear pantyhose? that alone is enough for me to lose my appetite. Does eating the buffet at a strip club count as "dining" at a breastaurant?

Not sure what you are agreeing with? I just posted a topic, didn't really state an opinion.

If the restaurant has good food, then it is considered dining to me. Like I said, I have only been to Hooters once and it wasn't even local. Not against giving them another chance, but I really don't have one convenient enough for me.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Tilted Kilt, but don't care too much for Hooters....especially after watching that undercover boss episode where the manager made the employees eat out of dog dishes......
  • Here2GetFit
    Options

Hooters = cheaper than a strip club. Sooo in this bad economy the guys will probably go to Hooters and places like it to save some money and see some tits.

If you have great food, you don't need a gimmick. Breastaurants use tiny outfits and pretty girls as a gimmick to get attention, just like most commercials on TV.

If I my intention wasn' to eat food, I could get into multiple strip clubs and drink all the beer I want for less than a meal at Hooters. No rule saying you have to stuff dollar bills in g-strings or garters.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i have been to hooters a few times and i wasn't too impressed with the food or the girls. if i want good food then i will go to a good restaurant. if i want some fun hot girls to look at then i would rather take my husband to a strip club. i don't mix the two. i have too much respect for food. ;)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my friend works at tilted kilt and she says that she gets A LOT less harassment now than when she was working at joe's crab shack. the guys that go there are pretty respectful and don't get creepy.

i love going to the tilted kilt to watch football with the hubby. the uniforms are adorable, if a little skimpy. for goodness sake, it's not something you don't see the cheerleaders wearing at a sporting event. the food is great (try the reuben and sweet potato fries - yum!). the atmosphere is a blast. i totally disagree with saying that if the food is great, it doesn't need a 'gimmick' to draw in customers. i feel like *every* store has some sort of gimmick, whether it is cheap prices, specialty jeans, free-trade, better service, whatever.

not really a fan of hooters, but that is just because i don't like wings in general. i have no problem with the girls, the outfits or the concept behind the restaurant.
  • Erisad
    Options
    i have been to hooters a few times and i wasn't too impressed with the food or the girls. if i want good food then i will go to a good restaurant. if i want some fun hot girls to look at then i would rather take my husband to a strip club. i don't mix the two. i have too much respect for food. ;)

This. ^ Having scantily clad women deliver your food cheapens the experience for me. It's almost like they expect the food to be bad but you won't get mad at lil' ol me would yooooou? *bats eyelashes*
    If I my intention wasn' to eat food, I could get into multiple strip clubs and drink all the beer I want for less than a meal at Hooters. No rule saying you have to stuff dollar bills in g-strings or garters.

But the different is that if the wives find out where their husbands have been they can say, "Honey! I go to Hooters for the wings." And she might buy it. If they said, "I go to strip clubs for the beer!" Chances are you'll be sleeping on the couch for a while. XD
    I'm a big fan of Tilted Kilt, but don't care too much for Hooters....especially after watching that undercover boss episode where the manager made the employees eat out of dog dishes......

...I'm really hoping that was scripted for the show. If not, how did none of them file a complaint with the higher ups? :/
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I do not think that is necessarily true:noway: , certainly not in the UK (unless, of course, if your first line post greeting is, "do you want fries with that?" :wink: :laugh: )

Serving the public is often a thankless task and in these times a job is a job and I could think of a lot worse. :ohwell:

And if my partner (BF or husband) said they would leave me if I took a job anywhere they didn't approve, then they have certainly shown that they are emotionally insecure and not the person I hoped they would be as resorting to emotional blackmail is not a nice personality-trait.:noway:
  • Here2GetFit
    Options

I want to go wherever ^^^^ is going!!! :love: :love:
  • stephenglover
    stephenglover Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The wife and myself go to Hooters a couple times a month, I lover there wings and you can get roasted oysters. Been married for 23 years and the wife and I have no problem on who we look at or interact with as far as flirting we know who we go home to.

Tips are based on service and attitude no matter where I go, my glass stays full and you smile have a good time with us and I tip well, be grumpy rude or let my glass dry up tip will not be so great.

I tend to have fun at any type of restaurant with the waitresses, we ate at a place the other night, cute girl waiting on us, my wife even said she is hot. I asked her for her number with my wife setting there and new she would say no. I could have been her dad and was goofing around but I got up to go to the restroom and walked by her and said hey give me just a number when you come back to our table to mess with my wife and sahe played along, we had a great night she was a good waitress and got the deseved tip, now is that a bad customer? was that harassment? I call it fun!

Please tell me I am not wrong!