Do you like to dine at Breastaurants?

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Yeah, because getting checked out and getting harassed by customers sounds like a lot of fun. And you have to put up with it, otherwise it's bad customer service. I used to work at McDonald's and the Dollar Store and I was harassed by customers enough even when I was completely covered up (to the point of one stalking me and smelling my neck, ugh!) so I can't imagine how bad it would be at Hooter's. I work in a warehouse so I don't have to deal with the general pubic and I love it. ^.^
    Other women more comfortable with themselves may refer to this as attention. Because something makes you uncomfortable doesn't make it degrading or inherently wrong.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Yeah, because getting checked out and getting harassed by customers sounds like a lot of fun. And you have to put up with it, otherwise it's bad customer service. I used to work at McDonald's and the Dollar Store and I was harassed by customers enough even when I was completely covered up (to the point of one stalking me and smelling my neck, ugh!) so I can't imagine how bad it would be at Hooter's. I work in a warehouse so I don't have to deal with the general pubic and I love it. ^.^

That happens to me as well. I work specialty retail and while 99% of my clientele are regulars I've known for years, there is the small percentage of guys that come in and start harassing me. Never mind I am also covered up from head to toe. I think no matter how one is dressed, if they are creeps, they will harass.
    I had one ask me out to the taco truck (what a big spender) and he keeps coming in to stare at me. Just stare. That's it. :grumble:
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    The Hooters in Bristol shut down but we used to go a lot as the pub quiz was easy as sin and you got free shots for the best team name, winning a round and if you won you got the entry money from everyone. I'd often go, get pretty drunk for free and leave with £10+! For example one question was 'what shape is a tamborine?' My answer was 'circular' Their answer was 'round'

The food is disgusting crap though
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have and would go, but not for the breasts.

My wife likes the wings at hooters, and i find them offensive to any decent hot wing. They are putting a Tilted Kilt in around here, and we will probably try it, but if I am going out to eat - it's about the food.

As a side note - I really wish society would stop creating words by mashing 2 words togethe.

I see what you did there...
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I go to hooters and they are definitely not hired based on their measurements. lol The service has always been good when I go. Very attentive.

I go for the buffalo shrimp!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Other women more comfortable with themselves may refer to this as attention. Because something makes you uncomfortable doesn't make it degrading or inherently wrong.

Yeah, because an 18 year old girl wants to be stalked and harassed by a 50 year old man who can't take "no" for an answer. Luckily the manager's husband handled the situation and then I became "the girl who couldn't take a joke" just because I didn't giggle and play along like an idiot. Sure, that would have gotten me killed if I took him up on any of his invites. So yeah, and if the dollar store was that bad, I'd imagine Hooters would be a creep magnet. :/
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

That happens to me as well. I work specialty retail and while 99% of my clientele are regulars I've known for years, there is the small percentage of guys that come in and start harassing me. Never mind I am also covered up from head to toe. I think no matter how one is dressed, if they are creeps, they will harass.
    I had one ask me out to the taco truck (what a big spender) and he keeps coming in to stare at me. Just stare. That's it. :grumble:

*shudder* I've had that too. It's like, you wanna assist that person but you're scared of what their answer would be if you asked, "Can I help you?"
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I only go for the articles.....:blushing:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I met my first MFPer at Tilted Kilt. Snw_ and I had a great time!
  • CdnPgnMom
    CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My husband is a manager at Hooters. Before I met him I never would've considered going, but now we are there all the time. I love the food and the girls. They are like family. So much so that when our children were born it was the first place we went!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    LOL -- I read this article on yahoo too. And yes, I enjoy a nice breastaurant every once and awhile. :drinker:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    We went to Hooters once years back. I was disappointed. I expected to see at least what I was working with. Not so much.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I just feel like you should go to a place known for it's food for food and well, a strip club for breasts.

Haha, this...but honestly the article said that sales at this type of restaurant are up in the down economy. One can only assume this is because people are cutting back on going to strip clubs because it is so much easier to spend more money there than getting a cheap dinner at Hooters. Though the women at Hooters are more covered up than at a strip club it's still entertainment for those who like to look.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Well, like I said, I love Hooter's, it's fun and the girls at the ones in our area are super nice. And maybe the food isn't 4 star, but its a lot better than McDonalds any day.

And who cares if they show skin, If you've got it, flaunt it. One of these days we'll be too old to have fun and show off our skin, so why not do it when you can?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I like the wings at Hooters! Rae and I are totally going to go to Twin Peaks.... and oogle the women. I want to go to Tilted Kilt with my husband though, because I think that's more his speed.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    love Hooters wings and it doesn't bother me to see boobage. I hear there are Twin Peaks here in Houston now but I haven't been yet.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Yeah, because an 18 year old girl wants to be stalked and harassed by a 50 year old man who can't take "no" for an answer. Luckily the manager's husband handled the situation and then I became "the girl who couldn't take a joke" just because I didn't giggle and play along like an idiot. Sure, that would have gotten me killed if I took him up on any of his invites. So yeah, and if the dollar store was that bad, I'd imagine Hooters would be a creep magnet. :/
    Not to say that any form of harassment should be accepted, but everyone has a difference tolerence level for what they consider it to be. Obviously working in a job that serves the public isn't for everyone, but doesn't mean that all waitresses in places like that consider themselves objectified or are mistreated all the time. Its definitely an 'eye of the beholder" issue...
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    There's a place in NC called Iron Thunder Saloon, they have themed days (school girl, referee, etc). I guess it depends on your waitress as to how great the 'view' is but the food is awesome!
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    I'll never support Hooters or any other establishments like it. I don't like giving my money to places when their hiring criteria is based on a girl's measurements as opposed to her skills. :/
    You make use of what you have.

No such thing to my knowledge here in the UK, and wouldn't interest me if there were.

I would prefer that society would encourage girls to develop skills and personalities of their own instead of using their bodies to get what they want. I would argue that breastaurants are a form of prostitution. People tip based on your tits and *kitten*, not your service.
    I would prefer a society that didn't judge people based on how they choose to make a living. The implication that women with good bodies don't have personalities or skills is a little disturbing.

I'm just saying that it's not something for girls to aspire to. And if the restaurant had good food, they wouldn't need to exploit their waitresses (some of them still in high school) to get customers to come in. :/
    I would prefer that society would encourage girls to develop skills and personalities of their own instead of using their bodies to get what they want. I would argue that breastaurants are a form of prostitution. People tip based on your tits and *kitten*, not your service.

I don't think your comment on tipping is accurate at all.

Really? Because if people really wanted good food, they'd go elsewhere where they respect their employees enough to give them a full outfit to wear. I wonder how many sexual harassment lawsuits Hooters has accumulated over the years? Or maybe they make them sign a waiver that they aren't allowed to file complaints about it since they chose to work there. I just don't understand it. :/

What does your reply have to do with the topic of tipping?

If I am going out to eat, I am going to tip the server based on their service. I don't care if the waitress has great boobs, if the service is bad she is not getting tipped well for it. And in my opinion, most tip based on service and not looks.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    never been, have no desire. If I wanted to look at boobs I could just look at the mirror, and then I could make myself a delicious meal that wasn't disgusting lol