Pop-Tarts, Diet Coke, and Ice Cream!!

Options

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Ok, so tell me then, will 10 sweet tarts one day (50 cals), and 4 whoopers the next (100 cals) and a skinny cow (130 calories) make you gain weight even if you are under your calories, do zumba three times a week and lift 3 times a week? I am honestly curious because someone here just told me to cut out ALL goodies except once a week. I always thought that a small treat in moderation was fine and that's what I think you are saying?

In all honesty (and for some people with certain medical conditions this may not work due to food in-tolerences) but if you are maintaining a calorie deficit, then you should lose weight, no matter what those calories are made up of. Exercising and lifting weights helps in body re- composition, so as to help you burn fat, and maintain (or build) muscle mass. It also has other good health effects i.e. making your heart and bones stronger, helping blood flow and circulation,giving you better lung capacity and oxygen flow throughout the body etc.

So if you are within your cals and want to eat ice cream, candy, cookies, etc- then go for it. People who tell you that you need to cut out sweets completely either A. Have issues with eating things in moderation and will binge if they eat one sweet thing, or B. Have been told falsely that the sweets are whats causing them to not lose weight, and not the hundreds of other reasons that it could be (perhaps the are over estimating there calorie burn and underestimating the calories that they are eating...etc)

Do what works for you- and what makes you happy.

^^^^ Nice answer!!!!
  • aleshai
    aleshai Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmm love pop tarts. Special K pastry krisp taste exactly like a poptart. 100 calories in a 2 pack.
    (just sharing - it's my new thing... so yummy)

I was JUST thinking that when I saw this thread! The special K pastry krisps are awesome! It's like the best part of a poptart because they are so thin and crispy. I stock up on all the flavors for snacks for our whole family.
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    love it
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I want a poptart now...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    my weightloss this past week has been fueled by pizza and chocolate chip cookies. :drinker:
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    I have never stopped eating what I want... I just know I have to work harder afterwards but it's been so nice no feeling deprived :) And I LOVE poptarts!!!!! Iced Cherry all the way!!!! :) I've lost close to 30lbs in 4 months and it's been a lifestyle change, not a quick fix!
  • bethagon
    bethagon Posts: 18
    Options
    I figure that as long as you keep to your calorie goal, it wouldn't matter if you ate poptarts or cake!
  • ShilohMaier
    ShilohMaier Posts: 135
    Options
    Ok, so tell me then, will 10 sweet tarts one day (50 cals), and 4 whoopers the next (100 cals) and a skinny cow (130 calories) make you gain weight even if you are under your calories, do zumba three times a week and lift 3 times a week? I am honestly curious because someone here just told me to cut out ALL goodies except once a week. I always thought that a small treat in moderation was fine and that's what I think you are saying?

In all honesty (and for some people with certain medical conditions this may not work due to food in-tolerences) but if you are maintaining a calorie deficit, then you should lose weight, no matter what those calories are made up of. Exercising and lifting weights helps in body re- composition, so as to help you burn fat, and maintain (or build) muscle mass. It also has other good health effects i.e. making your heart and bones stronger, helping blood flow and circulation,giving you better lung capacity and oxygen flow throughout the body etc.

So if you are within your cals and want to eat ice cream, candy, cookies, etc- then go for it. People who tell you that you need to cut out sweets completely either A. Have issues with eating things in moderation and will binge if they eat one sweet thing, or B. Have been told falsely that the sweets are whats causing them to not lose weight, and not the hundreds of other reasons that it could be (perhaps the are over estimating there calorie burn and underestimating the calories that they are eating...etc)

Do what works for you- and what makes you happy.

I am the poster that told her she should cut out some (not ALL) the junk, because she's wondering why she's only lost 12 pounds in 6 months. She is not "doing what works for her" obviously, because it's NOT working. And she certainly hasn't been "happy" about it. But I also suggested to her that she might have an insulin resistance problem- which will screw up the whole calories in/calories out equation like nobody's business, and actually makes your "B" statement quite true. I know this from first-hand experience. And her representation of her few treats is quite understated, and left off the donuts, pie and fruit loops.

When someone continually posts about the lack of progress they're making, I tend to look at what they are doing, and based on knowledge and experience offer them some help if I can.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting a pop tart all day.. becuase of these forums...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Pop-tarts are only good if they have frosting and you break off the edges!!

AND if you toast them and put lots of melty BUTTER on them.............

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Favorite flavor? Blueberry, with that tasty, totally fake, sprinkly frosting on them!

Hah! I thought I was the only one who put butter on them (I know that's kinda sick:embarassed: )

My favorite flavor .... brown sugar & cinnamon (with frosting... of course).
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Do not feed the trolls!!! LOL
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    I love to sprinkle the mini poptarts on my ice-cream and then pour diet coke on top. Yummy!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I love Poptarts!!! I love ice cream!!! And I will never give up my diet soda!!!!

Not crazy about pop tarts (though toaster streudel is a different story) or soda in general, but ice cream is one of my many vices. I don't eat it NEARLY as often as I used to, but I do have a cupful every once in a while. Same goes for everything else I enjoy. I try to eat mostly fruits, veggies, and lean meats for the most part, but I do allow myself a treat every so often.
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Moderation is key!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Serious pop-tart jonesing.
  • leeanne6580
    Options
    Love it! I did that last week, seen these delish cupcakes (raspberry ripples) however before I could get me teeth into them my daughter who is 3, opened the box, licked all the buttercream icing off them all and put them in the bin because she doesn't like cake lol! I really wanted those cakes and next time I am passing that shop I WILL buy those cupcakes and eat them before I get home :D
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    OK, admission time....I enjoy stirring the nest of the food Nazi who deals in absolutes....:devil:
    Should I get help for myself or go eat a whopper?
    decisions, decisions.....:bigsmile:
  • HausOfTina
    HausOfTina Posts: 92
    Options
    I COMPLETELY AGREE! Eat and let eat!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Poptart
    30 slices of bacon
    Poptart
    Battered
    Deep fried
    served with a side of ice cream and diet coke.

I believe it needs to be created and consumed for a purpose I do not know of yet.

This is at the state fair this year

OMG!!! Haha!

Actually new fair "food" this year is fried globs of cereal ...... taste testers weren't impressed (go figure)
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If I want it I eat it as long as I have the calories, If I use them all up then oh well that's all I can have. But you know you can't deprive yourself of what you want and stay with things. Hope you enjoyed, sound yummy