Pop-Tarts, Diet Coke, and Ice Cream!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• leeanne6580
    Options
    OK, admission time....I enjoy stirring the nest of the food Nazi who deals in absolutes....:devil:
    Should I get help for myself or go eat a whopper?
    decisions, decisions.....:bigsmile:

Eat a Whopper :)
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How funny!! I had frosted strawberry Pop Tarts this morning!
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Ok, so tell me then, will 10 sweet tarts one day (50 cals), and 4 whoopers the next (100 cals) and a skinny cow (130 calories) make you gain weight even if you are under your calories, do zumba three times a week and lift 3 times a week? I am honestly curious because someone here just told me to cut out ALL goodies except once a week. I always thought that a small treat in moderation was fine and that's what I think you are saying?

In all honesty (and for some people with certain medical conditions this may not work due to food in-tolerences) but if you are maintaining a calorie deficit, then you should lose weight, no matter what those calories are made up of. Exercising and lifting weights helps in body re- composition, so as to help you burn fat, and maintain (or build) muscle mass. It also has other good health effects i.e. making your heart and bones stronger, helping blood flow and circulation,giving you better lung capacity and oxygen flow throughout the body etc.

So if you are within your cals and want to eat ice cream, candy, cookies, etc- then go for it. People who tell you that you need to cut out sweets completely either A. Have issues with eating things in moderation and will binge if they eat one sweet thing, or B. Have been told falsely that the sweets are whats causing them to not lose weight, and not the hundreds of other reasons that it could be (perhaps the are over estimating there calorie burn and underestimating the calories that they are eating...etc)

Do what works for you- and what makes you happy.

I am the poster that told her she should cut out some (not ALL) the junk, because she's wondering why she's only lost 12 pounds in 6 months. She is not "doing what works for her" obviously, because it's NOT working. And she certainly hasn't been "happy" about it. But I also suggested to her that she might have an insulin resistance problem- which will screw up the whole calories in/calories out equation like nobody's business, and actually makes your "B" statement quite true. I know this from first-hand experience. And her representation of her few treats is quite understated, and left off the donuts, pie and fruit loops.

When someone continually posts about the lack of progress they're making, I tend to look at what they are doing, and based on knowledge and experience offer them some help if I can.

Shi, I am sorry. I was not insulting your advice. I am listening. I will also check into the insulin thing BUT it seems like you think I eat a whole donut or a whole pie (when did I eat pie?) or a box of sweet tarts or a box of fruit loops. Doesn't my diary reflect one serving of sweet tarts and one serving of whoopers and 1/4 a donut or 1/8 a slice of walnut cake? wouldn't that be in moderation? And I did write ALL when I shouldn't have. You did say cut down most. Again, I apologize.

My question here was really, are you people here eating the above and seeing results? Do YOU people personally eat those and find it works? in thr past, i could basically eat what i wanted within reason and stay under cals and loose weight no problem whereas I am not having the same result now. I have lost 13 lbs (not 12, I typoed) and 24 inches in 6 months but it seems meager for the effort I put out.

That being said. I hate pop tarts. i think I have had one my whole life but I LOOOOOOVE coke. Oh, coke, I love thee.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream and have diet pop everyday. I don't like poptarts, but I do have a Kellog's chocolate "protein shake" that has as many calories and as much sugar as a poptart probably. Am I going to die?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen Peanut Buster Parfait with caramel instead of fudge.
    There is a Dairy Queen Blizzard flavor that you may not know about. Yet. It is so good it can cause you to elbow small children out of the way to get to the counter. It is called Caramel Pie and it tastes like magic.

It isn't available everywhere, but you can have them make it, because it uses ingredients they already have. It is.....
    Caramel
    Pecans
    Pie crust pieces
    Pinch from Satan's cocaine stash

*last ingredient not confirmed.

Go have one. Get it with a Diet Coke. You won't regret it. Unless, of course, you do. In which case we can argue on the forum about the pros and cons of eating "bad" food. But you will have at least tasted the treat that brings me almost as much joy as the birth of my children.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I love Cherry pop-tarts, with no icing, and cherry coke. Everytime I do consume those products I feel like crap. So yea. No good.
  • shendras
    shendras Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The only time I allow myself to have Pop-Tarts is when I'm camping, and they must be S'more Pop-Tarts. So good!