To see or not to see ... Magic Mike

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
A couple friends are going to see Magic Mike Friday night and invited me. I have absolutely, 100% no interest in male strippers and what attracts me to men is not them dancing half-naked in front of me or having great pecs and a six pack. I know that's blasphemy on this site, but that's just how I feel.

I'd like to go have fun with my friends, but I don't want to pay for a movie I won't enjoy. So I looked up reviews on Rotten Tomatoes (it got 83%, though the reasons for the good reviews weren't very informative and I still don't know).

Anyway, some idiot posted the following review:
Haven't seen this and don't intend to, but had to comment on reviewer comparisons of this film to Boogie Nights. That is far too much of a stretch from what I see in its previews. This is a chick flick. Chicksploitation films I like to call them. Sex and romance. Boogie Nights most definitely wasn't this and rightfully has a classic film status that this film could never attain. However, if you want to pick up horny women or gay men after the movie, I suspect this film might be the one to see.

Now, it very well may be a craptastic movie, but if you haven't seen anything but previews, you can't KNOW it's a craptastic movie. Good grief.

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see it.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm so bummed that I have to go camping on Friday and I will not have time to see it all weekend. :(
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to see it for the acting.

That's like buying Playboy for the articles.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see it.

I am going only for Channing Tatum....

judge me if you must
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm hopefully meeting up with a fellow MFP'er for a girls evening to see this. Nice eye candy, enjoyable company, and much needed time out of the house since I'm a sahm I don't get out much. So for me it's more than just the movie.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    197637_10150904830632545_1523259553_n.jpg

I'm going for all of the above reasons.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options

I'm going for all of the above reasons.

just give me a minute alone please
  • johnodriscoll3
    Options
    man, i'm straight and i'm gonna see this movie. everytime I see channing tatum, I realize "holy *kitten*, i better get to the gym"
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My friend sent me a text last night asking if I wanted to see this.

I seriously thought she was joking, so I made fun of her sooo badly.
    Turns out she really wants to go. And I also don't have a life, so I'm probably going to pre-game and tag along so that I can be the jerkoff in the audience constantly whistling every time I see them dance.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options

AMEN!!! I am SO there!!! This has been on my Radar for A LONG time now!!! I can't wait!! YUMMY :drool:
  • odusgolp
    Options
    really wish I could size a pic properly *LOL* sorry folks.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to see it for the acting.

That's like buying Playboy for the articles.

This! hehe

I can't wait to see it. Yes, there is SO much more to a guy (or woman for that matter) than what they look like, but I'm ok with ogling a few fine specimens once in awhile. I mean come on...Matthew Mcconaughey.. shirtless?? I'll watch that any day (and maybe twice on Sunday!)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't waste money on it.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    magic-mike_0-1-1.jpg

I'm not getting any action at home, so I must see this movie.....
  • Waterbottlefiller
    Options
    Go see it , I reccomend you take a towel as well.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see it.

Me either. It IS going to suck. But I can't pass on that much eyecandy. I mean look at it!!

But boogie nights is brilliant. It absolutely will not even compare to that.
  • beccaboo0713
    Options
    i wouldn't waste money on it.

This exactly. It looks so bad.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm not into male strippers, either, but I am into Matthew McConaughey!

I also wasn't much into treasure hunters or wedding planners, but DEFINITELY - Matthew McConaughey!
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    I'm gonna go watch it. You have any idea how many single women are going to be at the theater to go see that? I'm just gonna lift up my shirt and ask them if they wanna take "Magic Eduardo" home instead :laugh:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Since I am trying to eat healthy eye candy is what I like to indulge in...
    ....and who knows, I may even burn a few extra calories watching it! haha