To see or not to see ... Magic Mike

Options

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to see it for the acting.

That's like buying Playboy for the articles.

This. You know when Matthew McConaughey is the least attractive man in the movie, you have to see it, for at least the eye candy...
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    This is the one and only time I have told my husband a movie counts as foreplay...
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Joe Manganiello.........................................*drools*

Totally going to see it!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no interest in seeing this movie. I'm thinking I may be the only one at this point (besides the OP).
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    lol so dont see it??? wtf

I mean I know I am.....
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Who cares whether it is good or bad. My only question is which IMAX is it playing in, and can I see it in 3D!!!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am going to go see it, get me panties wet, then go home and rape the BF. Yup. Cant wait.

LOL
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    my friends and I were contemplating the midnight showing. LOL

There is no harm at looking at some pretty men for an hour. If nothing else, it's getting to go out and giggle with the girls for 2 hours.

Hanging with the girls is appealing, but the rest is not. Seriously. Does nothing for me. And I don't find Channing Tatum THAT attractive. Not ugly, certainly, but not my type. None of them are.

they don't have to be. everyone has a different "type" and just b/c this cast is the type that's "in" right now, doesn't mean you have to find them attractive. me? i'm going more for matt bomer than the rest - i have a few degrees from him, but from what i know he's a genuinely awesome guy; plus i know i like him on white collar. if he weren't it in, i would probably wait to rent it. but... it is my type, so i know i would probably have bought it the day it was on DVD anyway. LOL

Oh, I know I don't have to. People just seem to be very disturbed that I'm not hot and bothered by the idea of these men shirtless. At this point, the only reason I would go is to hang with friends. I just want to know if I will be sorry I went! lol
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

This. You know when Matthew McConaughey is the least attractive man in the movie, you have to see it, for at least the eye candy...

^^^^^^^^This!!! Omfg, Channing? Joe??? Matt Bomer???? (pity he swings for the other team:brokenheart: ...well pity for me, hells yeah for gay guys!)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    i wouldn't waste money on it.

Me neither, I don't like strip clubs and don't find muscly men attractive. I'm sure I'm the minority in this matter too. :/

I don't find a man attractive simply because he has muscles. If he has those muscles from fighting fires or preparing for war, I'm there. But muscles for the sake of muscles does NOTHING for me! I'm never more turned on than when the boyfriend has on his fatigues and you can't see muscles through fatigues.

Ah. I'm attracted to personality over a "hot body." In my experience, the "muscles for the sake of muscles guys" have a "Jersey Shore" attitude and it turns me off. No, you're not God's gift to women just because you have big muscles, get over yourself. No if you earned them from your job, like you said that is different. I still would prefer a cuddle man, muscle men would be very hard and not so cuddly right? I don't know. I've only dated either thin men or pudgy men. :P
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

There is no harm at looking at some pretty men for an hour. If nothing else, it's getting to go out and giggle with the girls for 2 hours.

Hanging with the girls is appealing, but the rest is not. Seriously. Does nothing for me. And I don't find Channing Tatum THAT attractive. Not ugly, certainly, but not my type. None of them are.

they don't have to be. everyone has a different "type" and just b/c this cast is the type that's "in" right now, doesn't mean you have to find them attractive. me? i'm going more for matt bomer than the rest - i have a few degrees from him, but from what i know he's a genuinely awesome guy; plus i know i like him on white collar. if he weren't it in, i would probably wait to rent it. but... it is my type, so i know i would probably have bought it the day it was on DVD anyway. LOL

Oh, I know I don't have to. People just seem to be very disturbed that I'm not hot and bothered by the idea of these men shirtless. At this point, the only reason I would go is to hang with friends. I just want to know if I will be sorry I went! lol

i'm going to see it Saturday night - i could PM you and let you know if the plot will be enough to get you through it. or - just meet up with your girls for drinks and then go see Brave (which i just saw and is AWESOME)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Oh, for the love of all that is good and holy, I can't wait to be shallow and artificial for 2 hours. <wiping drool off chin>
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    TED comes out friday too.. I'd rather see that one:)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

i'm going to see it Saturday night - i could PM you and let you know if the plot will be enough to get you through it. or - just meet up with your girls for drinks and then go see Brave (which i just saw and is AWESOME)

Thanks, Maab. I think I'm probably just going to make a last-minute decision on Friday and see what I decide. :-) I like to surprise myself.

And, to be clear, I don't think any of the men in this movie are not attractive. Obviously, they are pleasing to the eye. I just can't get into a guy based on looks alone. In a different role, I would probably drool over them. Like I said, give me fatigues and a gun in a war movie and, well ... I was drooling over those Navy SEALS in Act of Valor.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    TED comes out friday too.. I'd rather see that one:)
    Me too...that looks freakin' hilarious and I can't WAIT!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Oh, for the love of all that is good and holy, I can't wait to be shallow and artificial for 2 hours. <wiping drool off chin>

I'm right there with ya...Movies are supposed to be entertainment, right?
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen this and don't intend to, but had to comment on reviewer comparisons of this film to Boogie Nights. That is far too much of a stretch from what I see in its previews. This is a chick flick. Chicksploitation films I like to call them. Sex and romance. Boogie Nights most definitely wasn't this and rightfully has a classic film status that this film could never attain. However, if you want to pick up horny women or gay men after the movie, I suspect this film might be the one to see.

Personally, I have Boogie Nights, thought it was an ok movie, but just ok. And the only reason I bought it was for the last scene in the movie :smokin:
    That is still the best part of the movie and that is why I will be going to see Magic Mike, I want to see some hot male bodies!!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Not! I agree 100% I don't need to fantasize about some actor that is probably a shallow idiot in real life. I'd rather spend time with my family. And it's a stupid morally bankrupt story to boot!

Good. Stay home. More room for me in the theater.

Save me a seat! I think people are totally overthinking this...it's JUST a freakin' movie. If it's not your cuppa tea...go see something else, or stay home...just relax.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

• fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I got my tickets...:smile: