To see or not to see ... Magic Mike

Options

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't waste money on it.

Me neither, I don't like strip clubs and don't find muscly men attractive. I'm sure I'm the minority in this matter too. :/

I don't find a man attractive simply because he has muscles. If he has those muscles from fighting fires or preparing for war, I'm there. But muscles for the sake of muscles does NOTHING for me! I'm never more turned on than when the boyfriend has on his fatigues and you can't see muscles through fatigues.

Ah. I'm attracted to personality over a "hot body." In my experience, the "muscles for the sake of muscles guys" have a "Jersey Shore" attitude and it turns me off. No, you're not God's gift to women just because you have big muscles, get over yourself. No if you earned them from your job, like you said that is different. I still would prefer a cuddle man, muscle men would be very hard and not so cuddly right? I don't know. I've only dated either thin men or pudgy men. :P

I agree that in "real life" I am more interested in a good guy with a good personality than big muscles, but if I'm gonna go see a movie...why would I care about the personality of the character? Looks like fun and a good time w/my girlfriends...I'm all for it. :blushing:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

And, to be clear, I don't think any of the men in this movie are not attractive. Obviously, they are pleasing to the eye. I just can't get into a guy based on looks alone. In a different role, I would probably drool over them. Like I said, give me fatigues and a gun in a war movie and, well ... I was drooling over those Navy SEALS in Act of Valor.

no worries - i can totally do that. mind you, it will be Saturday that i see it, so that might not fit the time frame. lol. oh, i agree about the uniforms. put someone in a thigh holster and i will need to change my knickers.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    I'm not going to see it for the acting.

That's like buying Playboy for the articles.

This. You know when Matthew McConaughey is the least attractive man in the movie, you have to see it, for at least the eye candy...

I personally think he is the most attractive...well maybe he and Matt Bomer are in a tie...LOL...
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    197637_10150904830632545_1523259553_n.jpg

I'm going for all of the above reasons.

Amen to that!

Besides, there is nothing wrong with being able to sit back and enjoy some entertainment. If that entertainment happens to have a thong and a set of hot abs, I am NOT one to complain. Then again, I rarely rock the boat...

I would go just to have a good time with my girlfriends. I am scheduling a ladies night viewing with my gals and can't wait.

I would like to add that Beefcake is the ONLY dessert on my diet plan that does not add calories to my daily total. In fact, you might consider it a "negative calorie" food! :wink: How can a bunch of fitness buffs and dieters not like that??
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I agree that in "real life" I am more interested in a good guy with a good personality than big muscles, but if I'm gonna go see a movie...why would I care about the personality of the character? Looks like fun and a good time w/my girlfriends...I'm all for it. :blushing:

I graduated with a writing degree. If the plot and writing in a movie are stupid and shallow, I kinda get pissed. So no, I wouldn't be entertained by this at all. I'd be sitting there like, "Okay, they're dancing...what's next? Oh a shirt comes off, that's nice. Seriously, do they have a backstory at all? No kids to feed? Just doing it for the money? WHERE'S THE PLOOOOT!?" I actually left in the middle of Johnny Depp's "Libertine" for similar reasons, everyone was having sex but the plot wasn't going anywhere. Blargh. *siiiiigh* >.<
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with going to see some of the hottest men on Earth (in my opinion of course) taking their clothes off and shaking their butts. Even if it turns out to be a crappy movie plot-wise, I plan on thoroughly enjoying my viewing experience either way. I deserve to be shallow and ogle naked bodies every once in a while!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options

I graduated with a writing degree. If the plot and writing in a movie are stupid and shallow, I kinda get pissed. So no, I wouldn't be entertained by this at all. I'd be sitting there like, "Okay, they're dancing...what's next? Oh a shirt comes off, that's nice. Seriously, do they have a backstory at all? No kids to feed? Just doing it for the money? WHERE'S THE PLOOOOT!?" I actually left in the middle of Johnny Depp's "Libertine" for similar reasons, everyone was having sex but the plot wasn't going anywhere. Blargh. *siiiiigh* >.<

Well colored me impressed... NOT.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    237705686552664954_6kiZlbra_b.jpg

235172411762175566_bbMEMpkc_f.jpg

Does anyone else find it funny that it is a dude praying in the 2nd photo? :laugh:

Not that there is anything wrong with that...I am sure there are going to be tons of girls with their gay friends making a date out of this movie. :laugh:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

hahah EXACTLY! LOL
  • Erisad
    Options

I wasn't trying to impress anyone. I'm just saying why it's not for me. Some of us need substance in our movies and find most celebrities unattractive. *shrug*
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Yes! I'm a writer, too, and that's exactly how I feel. Story always matters.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

This!!!
  • Elzecat
    Options

I wasn't trying to impress anyone. I'm just saying why it's not for me. Some of us need substance in our movies and find most celebrities unattractive. *shrug*

:huh: Seriously? Geez, relax, people. To each their own. If you don't want to see it, no need to make those of us who would like to feel like we're uneducated. Just because you have an education doesn't mean everything has to be high brow. I read murder mysteries and I also read educational texts. I like some situation comedies that are completely brainless, I also like to watch the local public television station's educational programming. I can go to a hair band rock concert on a Monday night (hey, I just did last night! lol) and go to see one of Shakespeare's plays on another night, it just means I have diverse interests, I'm no better than anyone else...it's called being well-rounded. I have a BA in English and a Master's in Education, but so what? Sometimes I just want to go see a good, fun, silly movie, with some eye candy that does NOT cost me any calories, that takes my mind off the daily grind for a bit. I also like to go to the local theater and see serious, intricate plays with excellent acting.

If you don't want to see the movie, don't. But don't insult people who do. Thank you.
  • lori__lynn
    lori__lynn Posts: 59
    Options
    OH HELL YES!

matthew mcconaughey! HELL YEA!
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am going to see it. Hot bodies are nice to see and it hurts no one.... :-)
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lori_Lynn!!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to see it. It's opening on my birthday. I'm pretty sure that's a sign from the universe.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

BINGO!!! :bigsmile:

Oh, and I'm adding Libertine to my queue. Booyah!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to see it. It's opening on my birthday. I'm pretty sure that's a sign from the universe.

Pretty sure that's like a commandment or something. Thou shall go see.......
  • Erisad
    Options

:huh: Seriously? Geez, relax, people. To each their own. If you don't want to see it, no need to make those of us who would like to feel like we're uneducated. Just because you have an education doesn't mean everything has to be high brow. I read murder mysteries and I also read educational texts. I like some situation comedies that are completely brainless, I also like to watch the local public television station's educational programming. I can go to a hair band rock concert on a Monday night (hey, I just did last night! lol) and go to see one of Shakespeare's plays on another night, it just means I have diverse interests, I'm no better than anyone else...it's called being well-rounded. I have a BA in English and a Master's in Education, but so what? Sometimes I just want to go see a good, fun, silly movie, with some eye candy that does NOT cost me any calories, that takes my mind off the daily grind for a bit. I also like to go to the local theater and see serious, intricate plays with excellent acting.

If you don't want to see the movie, don't. But don't insult people who do. Thank you.

I didn't mean to insult anyone. I sometimes come of as abrasive even when I don't mean to be. I should just stop posting as I seem to be pissing everyone off today unintentionally. :frown: