What category are you?

Options
Wonderob
Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
Which describes your exercise category the most? No judgements - all have their merits!

The slow and steadies - they go out walking to keep fit and log 'washing up' as an exercise

The fun lovers - Use Wii Fit and go to Zumba; it's all about the fun

The mainstreams - Jogging, cycling, some light weights down the gym. 5 minutes after you stop you wouldn't be able to tell you had been exercising

The Intensives - lifting heavy weights, P90X, Insanity. If you're on the treadmill you are dripping with sweat. 100% effort every time. You mean business!

The hardcores - You eat, sleep and breath fitness! You lift HEAVY, bone crunching weights! Iron man at the weekend. A marathon EVERY week! NOTHING is as important as your body!

Are you happy where you are or do you want to move up a level? At the moment I'm 'in the zone' so I'm an intensive. My arms are still aching from my last workout! I've never been in the hardcore group, but part of me wishes I could!

Replies

• Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I float between 3, 4 and 5.

I've distance run for years, have done 100 mile rides and trained for an Ironman, but now I'm more "mainstream"... a bit of running, some spin classes, just getting back into weights. I genuinely enjoy stuff like spin though and we've got a great group of regulars, so it's a bit social too.
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    somewhere between the mainstreams and the intensives
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Intensives most days. I don't mess around
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    A mix of fun lovers, mainstreams and intensives
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    Intensives. 60 to 180 minutes of exercise a day, cardio til I've sweat rolling off me and two types of weights: medium weights, high reps til muscle failure; then other days high weights, low reps to muscle failure.

I'm both happy with where I'm at AND wanting to take it up a level. I want to add more days in where I do my double and triple workouts. Maybe even fit in a 4-workout day here and there.

I'm considering doing C25K now that I'm doing well with my cardio (running has always been hard for me, even when I was doing it constantly in the Army, so this is a challenge for me).

I'd also like to train back up for the Nijmegen Four Days Marches. I used to walk 15-20 miles 4-6 days a week before when I was training for it but then couldn't go to the Marches due to a family emergency. I'd like to train back up and go!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I need a category for that dude who's in above average shape..acts like he really doesn't care all that much about it. Loves to party..smoke jays and mix it up with women but never really gets too serious. Is most concerned with his friends, family, and stacking large amounts of paper. Loves to cook, talk culture/foreign affairs, and drive fast cars.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i'm in the intensive category. completed insanity already and moved on to p90x. i like where i am at. i want to do another round of insanity. possibly an insanity/p90x hybrid... haven't decided yet. i'm still not at "goal", but i'm getting there!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Which describes your exercise category the most? No judgements - all have their merits!

The slow and steadies - they go out walking to keep fit and log 'washing up' as an exercise

The fun lovers - Use Wii Fit and go to Zumba; it's all about the fun

The mainstreams - Jogging, cycling, some light weights down the gym. 5 minutes after you stop you wouldn't be able to tell you had been exercising

The Intensives - lifting heavy weights, P90X, Insanity. If you're on the treadmill you are dripping with sweat. 100% effort every time. You mean business!

The hardcores - You eat, sleep and breath fitness! You lift HEAVY, bone crunching weights! Iron man at the weekend. A marathon EVERY week! NOTHING is as important as your body!

Are you happy where you are or do you want to move up a level? At the moment I'm 'in the zone' so I'm an intensive. My arms are still aching from my last workout! I've never been in the hardcore group, but part of me wishes I could!

Hmm...not sure all of the categories are fully accurate. I am MOSTLY a slow and steady, but I NEVER log cleaning or shopping or anything silly like that. Walking just happens to be my favorite exercise, and I regularly walk 5-6 miles at a time. Occasionally I will venture into the fun loving category.
  • Wonderob
    Options
    Hmm...I need a category for that dude who's in above average shape..acts like he really doesn't care all that much about it. Loves to party..smoke jays and mix it up with women but never really gets too serious. Is most concerned with his friends, family, and stacking large amounts of paper. Loves to cook, talk culture/foreign affairs, and drive fast cars.

And that's your exercise category? Does it burn many calories?
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Intensive, I think. If I'm not wringing out my clothes, I'm not satisfied.
  • Wonderob
    Options

Hmm...not sure all of the categories are fully accurate. I am MOSTLY a slow and steady, but I NEVER log cleaning or shopping or anything silly like that. Walking just happens to be my favorite exercise, and I regularly walk 5-6 miles at a time. Occasionally I will venture into the fun loving category.

Well to be honest you don't have to fit eactly, just one that suits you best. i.e you're still 'hardcore' if you run 3 marathons a week but don't do ironman!
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    A mix of Intensive and Hardcore. I play on a team, and practices are usually intensive but sometimes hardcore! Like yesterday... My workout was: 7 am: two hours of water polo, after that: abs/pushup time (100 pushups, many different ab workouts, and triangle/pec push ups), running up a "mountain" (a large, dirt, steep hill) to a college twice, then 4 hours rest, then 2 more hours water polo (scrimmaging and games), and finally, 1 last hour of sprints and running! I basically eat/sleep/dream water polo, which is another reason why I think I fit in Hardcore! This summer I'm going to the Junior Olympics and water polo is such a huge commitment in my life. But other than that, I don't do much else, but I bust my butt every time, which is why I think I fit in Intensive!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options

And that's your exercise category? Does it burn many calories?

Mad calories bro. You see these abs?
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between intensives and mainstreams...
  • Wonderob
    Options
    Intensive, I think. If I'm not wringing out my clothes, I'm not satisfied.

Love that!

I dragged my wife up a level. She and her friends skip out of the Zumba class all perky and fresh - I did a hard, heavy weights workout with her today and she was dripping with sweat and could barely get off the mat after her stretching

Probably the reason that I'm all alone tonight amusing myself on here!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Intensives sounds bad... like we're on life support. You can call me an intensive, I prefer "machine".
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    hah - I suppose mainstream in terms of type of exercise, but maybe in intensive in how hard I work at it?
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Definitely between intensives and mainstreams. I enjoy jogging, spin and kickboxing, but also will whip out the P90X and Insanity on days i feel like doing that! :)
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The Intensives i need to shower straight away with cool water an my face is bright red <<<<<< v.attractive lol