What category are you?

Options

Replies

• zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Probably slow and steady. Most of my exercise is walking but I do dance aerobics and basic stuff like crunches, ect... too (not as often as the walking). I have two kids and a job- I don't have the time or desire to spend forever and a day working out (and make myself so sore I can't take care of other stuff!). I'm still losing weight at a healthy rate so I'm happy!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    3-4. You can definitely tell when I've been exercising. And yeah, I sweat on the treadmill. But I don't go super fast all the time anymore. Sometimes you gotta stop and smell the lovely gym odors!
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    Somewhere between mainstreams and intensives
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Intensive - when I exercise... I tend to feast or famine... when I go - I go hell bent for leather. When I stop... I stop dead.

Trying to find a way to be more intense - more often...

Thanks for the post - I liked reading through the different types!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Intensive....if I had time I would be Hardcore.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    definately mainstream - and I'm okay with that :)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I am in the "not doing enough" category.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. Realized I'm in the first category. I do things but I don't sweat at all. Gotta break the sweat barrier! Gotta!
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am an intensive. I love to sweat my *kitten* off and I love to feel the burn afterwards. Nothing feels as good as a badass workout.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Intense-core:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have always trained hard and still do! Although the weights have been going down because of age.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am mainstream to intensive. When I am having a bad week I am a "fun"
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Toss me into the "Intensives" group.

I lift heavy weight 4 days a week and do cardio 6-7 days a week. I don't like doing less because I get less results. I don't do more because well...I do live my life. :flowerforyou:
  • Jishmeister
    Jishmeister Posts: 108
    Options
    I try to walk 3-6 miles a day so I guess that makes me "slow and steady" however, I don't log things like "washing up, laundry, shopping" or any other daily routines. I log strictly exercise. Also when I walk, I try to keep it at a brisk pace, between 3 and 3.5 mph.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I would say I am a mix of things, in many ways my training is hardcore, but I am always having fun.... and its not the only thing that matters to me... so maybe at an average I am an intensive..
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    im an intensive at heart- i love to do weights (or did when i was younger) but now alas i am a slow and steady with a mix of fun lover
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    somewhere between "the intensives" and "the hardcores";

cuz if you're gonna go, go all the way.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm an Intensive. Hmmm maybe that's why I keep getting injured??
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Right now I am somewhere between mainstream and intensive. I mostly cycle or jog and do lighter weights at the gym since I have very little strength, but 85% of the time, I have sweat running down my face and back and I'm sure I smell worse than I look. I push myself most of the time, but I have not gotten into the really challenging workouts...maybe after I drop another 15-20 lbs things will be different.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm totally on the intensives
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You could call me a mainstream fun lover. :o)