What category are you?

Options

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I need a category for that dude who's in above average shape..acts like he really doesn't care all that much about it. Loves to party..smoke jays and mix it up with women but never really gets too serious. Is most concerned with his friends, family, and stacking large amounts of paper. Loves to cook, talk culture/foreign affairs, and drive fast cars.

And that's your exercise category? Does it burn many calories?

Mad calories bro. You see these abs?

I try not to look to be honest, my rock hard abs days are behind me I fear
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY...

The hardcores - You eat, sleep and breath fitness! You lift HEAVY, bone crunching weights! Iron man at the weekend. A marathon EVERY week! NOTHING is as important as your body!

Not only do I push myself beyond limits.....My Biggest Challenge was teaching Group Power with Heavy Weights...and many reps...I LOOK LIKE I jumped out the pool once done on any workout...100% or nothing at all. My proudest of this journey!! Also...I know I love this because I try my best to bring out the best in others....no matter what....
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm a mix of all of them
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY...

The hardcores - You eat, sleep and breath fitness! You lift HEAVY, bone crunching weights! Iron man at the weekend. A marathon EVERY week! NOTHING is as important as your body!

Not only do I push myself beyond limits.....My Biggest Challenge was teaching Group Power with Heavy Weights...and many reps...I LOOK LIKE I jumped out the pool once done on any workout...100% or nothing at all. My proudest of this journey!! Also...I know I love this because I try my best to bring out the best in others....no matter what....

So you're sexy, you cook, you bring out the best in others and you work till you drop. Are you also rich, drive a Ferrari and have a dad that owns a brewery?
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    None of them, mostly because I wouldn't go to a gym if you paid me. I exercise hard, but on my own (running) or at boot camp (circuits). I don't lift heavy, but I do lift my heavy 6 year old.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I suppose I'm an intensive. Every gym session ends with me dripping in sweat--I go HARD! Running/lifting weights and the occasional swimming and cardio kickboxing are my usual go-tos. I've got some HIIT on the schedule tonight, and I'll most likely be mopping up a puddle on the treadmill when I'm done!
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    intensives.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    somewhere between the mainstreams and the intensives
    Same here...but 9 times out of 10, you can TELL I've been working out (although some days are better than others).

Other women in my gym have called me intensive though, so maybe I'm under estimating myself....
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    The slow and steady. I enjoy walking and light exercise.
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm a mix between the fun lovers and main streamers. I like to have consistent fun and burn some calories while I'm at it!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am somewhere in between mainstream & intensive. I sweat like a man when I work out, but I haven't tried any of the videos you mentioned, but I like kickboxing classes, etc. And when I lift, I do it heavy :)
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Intesive, working my *kitten* off to be considered Hardcore!
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    Usually the intensives :)
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    A mix of fun lovers, mainstreams and intensives

This... ^^^^
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Intensive most definitely
  • ConstableOdo
    ConstableOdo Posts: 104
    Options
    As far as exercise, slow and steady. I have some measure of joint pain but I hope with less weight that will go away. I try to throw a bit of running/jogging in as I walk.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    FUN LOVER here: 5-6 times a week!

But I MAINSTREAM it if I cannot get to a class (like tonight).

But thanks to your post, will plan to do one INTENSIVE next week (i need a kick in the butt) - thank you!
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well, I'd say I'm in the slow and steady category . . . started watching what I ate to aid in getting pregnant (hadn't lost the weight from the 1st pregnancy). I'm 4 1/2 months along now and that doesn't bode well for jumping categories. Continuing to log my food though and staying on MFP just keeps me motivated once I can graduate to the next level . . .

I am literally counting the days to when I can start Insanity and heavy lifting!!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The Intensives - lifting heavy weights, P90X, Insanity. If you're on the treadmill you are dripping with sweat. 100% effort every time. You mean business!

This, Completed P90X twice, X2 & halfway through RushFit, really interested in Wendlers 5 3 1 System. I'm a beginner, so I am going to try to do it at home & see where it goes & how it suits me :)

Russ
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would descibe myself as intensive - usually sweat my A** off