What category are you?

Options

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I lift very heavy but i do it because I'm a 1 or 2. I don't like feeling like I'm dying, a jog is a fairly high intensity cardio workout for me. P90x and insanity sound awful - I can barely make it through level 1 of the 30 day shred, I get SO bored after doing 10 seconds of jumping jacks, let alone a minute. Heavy compound barbell lifts are like the best bang for my buck, the actual extreme exertion only lasts for a few seconds at a time but you get good results.
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    I guess I would be an Intensive...Crossfit 5 days a week
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    somewhere between the mainstreams and the intensives

^^ This. (With a touch of Kinect Dance Central from #2 every now and then...because when I do that for an hour my HRM tells me it's a workout. -laughs-)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I like fun cardio. Mountain biking, hiking, snowboarding, rugby, even Turbo Fire videos. I detest running, and cardio machines (but I do them anyway).

I lift heavy but would probably hate Insanity and/or Crossfit.
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Between mainstreams and intensive...usually intensive but everyone has their days. :) I LOVE my workouts! Make me feel amazing afterwards.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Between Intensive and hardcore - Eat live breath fitness, yes .... lift hard and heavy and cardio is body dripping wet.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Intensive, I think. If I'm not wringing out my clothes, I'm not satisfied.

THIS.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Monday - slow and steady – ugh too tired to exercise

Tuesday - mainstream – better at least give this some effort since I phoned it in on Monday

Wednesday – Intensive – oh *kitten*, the weeks half over I better start to get serious

Thursday – hardcore – Week’s almost over…gotta catch up!

Friday - slow and steady – what the hell was I thinking yesterday!
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    I'd say Intensives. I don't have enough freetime to become a hardcore.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    FUN LOVER here: 5-6 times a week!

But I MAINSTREAM it if I cannot get to a class (like tonight).

But thanks to your post, will plan to do one INTENSIVE next week (i need a kick in the butt) - thank you!

What a good way to start - one intensive session a week. You never know, you might LOVE the feeing of a brutal intensive workout!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Intensive fun lover :)
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    The Intensives - lifting heavy weights, P90X, Insanity. If you're on the treadmill you are dripping with sweat. 100% effort every time. You mean business!

Are you happy where you are or do you want to move up a level?

I want to kick my own butt to move up a level. I want to get back into my pre-pregnancy shape before fall and I know I can
    do it with P90X, cardio and support from here and my husband. I am determined to get back into my pre-prego clothes!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Which describes your exercise category the most? No judgements - all have their merits!

The slow and steadies - they go out walking to keep fit and log 'washing up' as an exercise

The fun lovers - Use Wii Fit and go to Zumba; it's all about the fun

The mainstreams - Jogging, cycling, some light weights down the gym. 5 minutes after you stop you wouldn't be able to tell you had been exercising

The Intensives - lifting heavy weights, P90X, Insanity. If you're on the treadmill you are dripping with sweat. 100% effort every time. You mean business!

The hardcores - You eat, sleep and breath fitness! You lift HEAVY, bone crunching weights! Iron man at the weekend. A marathon EVERY week! NOTHING is as important as your body!

Are you happy where you are or do you want to move up a level? At the moment I'm 'in the zone' so I'm an intensive. My arms are still aching from my last workout! I've never been in the hardcore group, but part of me wishes I could!

I would think I am a combination of mainstream and intensive.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in between "The mainstreams" and "The Intensives"

I'm attempting to lift heavy, but I like a little something else thrown in for a change, like some circuit training, I hate high paced cardio though, or the thought of endless mindless running, I get bored really fast!....I have also considered insanity, but I don't want to stop lifting, so I would need to do a modified program.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a mix between fun lovers, mainstream and intensive. I love my Zumba classes and Wii game, but then I also love when I can get in at least an hour running on the treadmill.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Intensive.

I like cake way too much to be a hardcore.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Mainstream with an intensive day thrown in once a week usually. I'm also a 'lifer' been working out since my teen years!
  • naasirab
    naasirab Posts: 43
    Options
    Fun Lovers and the Intensives... I'm dripping with sweat either way though, because I'm giving it my all :D
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    For sure intensives! But when I get to where I want to be I plan on being more hardcore to get the tone and strength I really want!
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a mixture of the first 3 but probably mainly fun loving....hoping to move onto the other categories some time soon once I get fitter!